+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1910Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I know I will never quit this show because I'm an addicted fool, but damn if that first reunion segment wasn't boring. Do we really need to rehash the Gretchen/Jeff cheating and anything Lauri ever did on the show? What would be good to see is Ryan getting some hot questioning with Lydia's mother and the taped play back of the couch confrontation. I'd bet Ryan was never so happy to be deployed and out of the reaches of Andy for the reunion. But they could Skype, right? Eh, it'll never happen. Probably the next segment will be an hour on Malibu Country.

FORT Fogey

I agree the rehash gets old, but it's the story of the show isn't it? All the women hate each other because of things that happened years ago, grudges that no one will let go, and this crazy rule that bad behavior is justified because someone else did it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I would have assumed that Brianna was too smart to marry the wrong person but I have to remember who her role model was...Vicki.
    I have a feeling that if Brianna wanted out of the marriage, Ryan will be very possessive of her and not make it easy.
    She was going through the cancer scares at the time. Yes? I think that may have made her act more impulsively to live life to the fullest. It would be best if the heart would consult with the brain. Getting burned might let the brain have more authority.
    You can do it!

Tamara does not care that Gretchen may have cheated. She cares that she was made to look like a liar before.

I am liking the Lydia with the big eyes more and more. She is like a cute sister or cousin.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not. People think she is an idiot for a reason. She claims to be smarter than people think she is.....that's probably only in the book sense.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I like that Lydia seems to serve as the voice of the viewer in a lot of situations, and will call things as everyone sees them. But she does seem to be somewhat dishonest about her behavior when she does it. She tries to come across as innocent, claiming she's only saying the truth. That may be, but it is still stirring the pot. A person can see something, not point it out, and still be truthful. It makes the show interesting, but she should own her behavior just like she tells everyone else to.
    mayamaisha and Imperfect1 like this.

Lydia, imo, is a pot stirrer. The only time I saw her "real" was when she was defending her mother. She is the top gossiper.
    prhoshay and Imperfect1 like this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

FORT Fogey

I'd still call Vicki the top gossiper. Lydia stirs a lot, but there's at least truth in what she stirs. Vicki will make things up just to get out of a difficult spot. It's amazing how many reunions there have been where Vicki is being accused of bad behavior, and will respond by saying "Well I've heard from people that you do that too". Last night, it was claims that Laurie's neighbors say she's cheating. In the past, she's given the same response to Tamara, Gretchen, and others. It's AMAZING that EVERY time Vicki is accused of something, she just happens to have just heard her accuser has done the same thing!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, if it's worked successfully before, you may as well try it again! Interestingly, I've generally seen that behavior in men.....and they admit it, with the "Hey, why not?!" I'm telling you, I've studied these guys!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lydia is a GENIUS …hmm, after watching the whole season with her I would not be sitting there saying "I AM A GENIUS". Gawd.

My hubby went to Harvard, I think he is a genuis and I WILL SAY IT. He grad yearssssss ago, he never ever says he is a genuis or even mentions HU.

I think IF indeed YOU are a GENIUS, the last thing coming out of your mouth is that you STATE for all the world the fact that your ARE a genius. (She is more immature than genius.)

Last time we were in Boston, because we live in CALI, I bought my DH a small little HU key ring in Fanueil Hall, naaa, he said he does not want it.

Also I will say I thought Slimey's comment about the cheeseburger was really harmless. I am very thin and I have had allot of people make comments to me and they really are harmless.
    Lydia made the biggest deal out of that at the 'Salsa Party' because I think she wanted drama like she sees the other ladies in their own drama. Also, the comment about 'Dancing With The Stars', another harmless comment.
    She was all dressed up and sparkly. No harm in that comment. Whatever.

OMG, drop the Jeff crap already. I believe Gretch cheated but she will NEVER admit it ever. Tamra does so want to prove to ALL that Gretch LIES with that example but Gretch will not 'come clean'. My gawd, did Tamra actually bring EVIDENCE to the Reunion show to PROVE Gretch a LIAR. Geez.

STOP ALL THE SCREAMING. So Vicki is a SCREAMER and now Tamra appears to taken to SCREAMING. Dear Lord STOP already.

I loved Alexis' dress and her hair. She looked the best of all the ladies.

Not really sure what Gretch was wearing.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread