+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1905Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

"a really bad day" is NO excuse for what Ryan did to that woman. He has given himself permission to show his ass, and threaten whenever he feels like it; if she makes excuses for him, she just reinforces his sense of nasty entitlement. He'll flip that around onto her, eventually, if he hasn't already.

And I'm pretty sure that Judy had taken off her shows before she put her feet up on the couch, and she pointed that out to him.

And a child would rather be FROM a broken family than live in one. It's not worth seeing your child turned into a nervous basketcase just to maintain a home with an abuser....and what Ryan did was ABUSE.
    buttahfly and sparklete like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

i get the feeling this is his everyday behavior and that he has very bad ptsd that is not being dealt with. he seems to think vicki's home is HIS. from last night's incident to the episode when they talked abt him installing security cameras everywhere, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    So true and such a great point about motherhood changing your perspective. I had a friend tell me right before my first was born that I'd go from seeing the world through my eyes to seeing the world through my child's, and she was so right! When I was talking about what might happen, I meant that Brianna sees and knows Ryan every day - we only know what we see on TV. So she knows whether what we saw was a man having a REALLY bad day that was caught on camera, or if it is a true portrayal of who he is. If it is truly who he is, then she will figure out whether Troy is better off growing up in a broken family -- and Brianna is an example of how that can be done well -- or to be around that level of anger. I think I know which I'd decide.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Ryan--horrible behavior.

Ryan and Brianna should leave the house if they do not want to be around the boyfriend with their baby. Surprised at Vicky making excuses for Brooks and choosing him over the grandson.

Did Gretchen propose to Slade to get her own wedding show like Tamara and Wig lady? Maybe that is what is really bugging Tamara about Gretchen.

Glad that the women were mostly getting along on this finale. The other ones have been so miserable.
    You can do it!

FORT Fan

The 3 part reunion is apparently a dousy. Getting along doesn't last.
    Trust Me!

I hate to poo poo all over Vicki's Brianna/Ryan/Baby lovefest, but last nite's episode showed us exactly which direction this marriage is headed. Did you notice Ryan almost said "I own" this house? Nobody said f*ck but Ryan. Does the little twerp not realise the tape will show him being a jackass? I think Brooks is disgusting, but come on Vicki and grow a pair. Vicki's brother is absolutely right. :

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

When I listened to all of Ryan's anger and dictatorship, it occurred to me that he was still in military mode. What works on the battlefield doesn't work in real life with family and friends. Either he hasn't learned how to turn off that military mindset or he's just an controlling a$$. Briana seems like she's a strong woman so I wonder how this will turn out in the end.
    Ryan was almost manic about the whole thing.
    And like other posters stated, Briana probably didn't know Ryan long enough before jumping into a marriage. I did that once and what a mistake that was.
    Jupiter and bee stung lips like this.

I respect Ryan for serving his country. However, I do not at all respect the behavior he showed toward Judy or to Vicky. He's a definite control freak and nobody deserved him going off like he did.
    Ryan, you're in the OC, not in Kabal!!
    AmyKay likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I wonder how much Ryan's attitude comes from some degree of embarrassment over living with his mother-in-law. There are a lot of men who believe that an ability to provide for their families is a measure of manhood. Maybe they moved in not entirely so Brianna could have help with Troy, but also because financially they needed to. Ryan definitely has an attitude that he's the man of the house so he's in charge, which is disrespectful to the woman who owns the house. That said, I remember in the beginning of the season Vicki giving him all sorts of work to do around the house, justifying it saying he was the man of the house. So maybe what we saw was the pressure of mixed messages. I went back and watched the incident a second time, and another thing that struck me was the way that Vicki's brother commented about Ryan doing this repeatedly, or every time, or something like that. He was definitely indicating that it was not a one time thing. I know that Vicki's son doesn't want much to do with the show anymore, so we don't really get a good view of what their family life is like. I wonder if there is some dynamic where Michael is stil treated like the golden boy, and is played off of Ryan. I could see Vicki making Ryan do all the work around the house telling him his the man of the house, then Michael swooping in, being babied, playing alpha male against Ryan, and leaving Ryan fed up that he is not respected. It would not excuse his behavior, but there are A LOT of things that could explain it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't Briana say something like Ryan was "raised differently"? It didn't sound like this is the first time Briana has seen this kind of display. I intend to watch the episode again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Didn't it say at the end that Brianna and family got their own place? If that is the case and all the family dynamics are what other posters have mentioned above, then that might solve a lot of the problems Ryan had with Vicki's manipulations, the real son Michael, and not feeling like the real bread winner. Hope it all works out for them and that the baby is safe. Feel like Brianna, who has been my favorite for a long time and is such a strong lady, will do the right thing.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread