+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2502Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Gretchen....rein in your bitch!!!!

And, this time, I meant to use that word.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Wow, the Ryan incident was actually worse than I expected from the Bravotv.com clip. Clearly Lydia's mother didn't say "Who the F are you?" and wasn't raising her voice. He came out of the box swinging. Either he needs to lay off drinking or get some anger management classes or both. It was eerie to me about the way Brianna placated him; she reminded me so much of my (now former) friend's wife would try to appease him when he got mean drunk and verbally abusive. Of course, it isn't much to go on, this one incident, but the way Vicki dropped her hand off of Lydia's mom when Ryan told her not to hug Lydia's mom looked more like a flinch of fear and the fact that Vicki's brother doesn't like Ryan's behavior towards Vicki adds to the evidence that, at the very least, Ryan is a control freak.

Gretchen and Slade now have no relevance and need to get off the show. I have never seen a finale of RHW (granted, I don't watch all of them) where EVERYONE is in agreement about a single cast member to such a degree.

Y'all are right about Vicki's party dress. A size bigger and some tailoring, it could have been okay (not great, but decent to the point where Alexis wouldn't have to cover up Vicki's cleavage). And maybe some undergarments from the RHoNY. Not to body snark like Slade; she's not a fat woman by any means. She just needs to know when to go up a size. Cut the tag out if it makes you feel better and show off your assets.

Jim crying/cutting Alexis down at the same time had me in stitches. But overall they were pretty harmless/non eventful this season. Perhaps they consulted Camille Grammer's publicist.
    candor, alizarules and Imperfect1 like this.

There is something wrong with Ryan. He is a huge HOT HEAD. All this over feet/shoes on a couch. Not to mention that Ryan is a LIAR. Not ONCE did Judy use the F work. Judy actually nicely asked Ryan to stop using it himself. Brianna appeared to be defending him. Gawd. Not good.

Vicki's dress is HORRIBLE. For beginners it is way too small and way too tight. That neckline is horrible. Even Alexis tried covering her up as Vicki was having words with SLIMEY.

Gretch really has done a number on all her relationships with the other OC ladies.

Slimey is really persona non grata. Slimey has to stop coming to any events the other OC ladies may be at. It's just not pretty. No one likes him.

Tamra, Alexis and Jim.......Interesting that Tamra feels she did not give Jim a chance????? Well I did and he was a COMPLETE JERK the first 3 seasons he was on the show. As did most of the viewing world HENCE he basically all but took himself OFF the show ONLY to return and basically be a 'ghost' on the show saying little to nothing. That was when the viewing world liked him again. (lol) BUT shades of that Jim came out tonight when he scolded Alexis for using his $1000.00 scarf as a Kleenex. GAWD JIM. You can go again. See ya.

Vicki, pleaseeeeee stop YELLING. It hurts all our ears. :/

All these "friendship" bracelets.......stop already. Yuck. So phony.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! that was SOOOOOOOOO disturbing. he really needs to seek some therapy/medical attention/something. i mean i've always thought brianna was the brightest person on the show - not so much anymore. geez.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Somebody needs to slap Ryan upside his PTSD head. He is hideous. Briana is in trouble with this one.
    alizarules and Imperfect1 like this.

Keep in mind that I stopped watching this show weeks ago & the only info I get on this show is on here & blurbs during the few (2) Bravo shows I still watch. I am sorry but anyone who serves our country especially over in the Middle East is not hideous. His behaviour may have been an over reaction but he is a hero in my book. We have no clue as to the type of tyrant Vicky might be as a landlord. It did seem to me that Brianna & her family were pretty much liited to their bedroom upstairs lest baby Troy spit-up on Granny Vicky's expensive new couch. Honestly just don't care anymore.
    If the ladies have so much of an issue with Gretchen then stop shooting/socializing with her & Slade; their life/their business. Excuse me but just how many of those invovled with ANY RH city has not had affairs, divorces...whatever on their SO? Tamara is on #3 now...right...so is Vicky. I don't buy Tamara as the newly reformed good girl.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Keep in mind that I stopped watching this show weeks ago & the only info I get on this show is on here & blurbs during the few (2) Bravo shows I still watch. I am sorry but anyone who serves our country especially over in the Middle East is not hideous. His behaviour may have been an over reaction but he is a hero in my book. We have no clue as to the type of tyrant Vicky might be as a landlord. It did seem to me that Brianna & her family were pretty much liited to their bedroom upstairs lest baby Troy spit-up on Granny Vicky's expensive new couch. Honestly just don't care anymore.
    If the ladies have so much of an issue with Gretchen then stop shooting/socializing with her & Slade; their life/their business. Excuse me but just how many of those invovled with ANY RH city has not had affairs, divorces...whatever on their SO? Tamara is on #3 now...right...so is Vicky. I don't buy Tamara as the newly reformed good girl.
    Bunny, to be completely honest with you, you have to see this episode before commenting.

(I am not sure hideous is the right word) but Ryan did not stop. He started doing all this yelling at Judy outside the Bravo camera's BUT they were MIC'ed so the viewing audience heard the entire exchange. Ryan did NOT know HIS VERBAL EXCHANGE was on camera at all. (Nor did Judy) Like I said you have to see this. Ryan did NOT stop for a long long long time. It was very very emabrassing for Brianna. Because Judy finally came back into camera view only to tell Lydia (very quietly) she was leaving and then everyone was "what, what happened". Ryan LIED about the verbal exchange. OUT RIGHT LIED. He said Judy was screaming at him and calling him the F word. THAT NEVER HAPPENED ONCE. Judy was calm and cordial through the whole exchange that we could NOT see. Ryan continued to SCREAM about the incident IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS trying to explain to Brianna (who at this time was the only one listening to Ryan) what actually happened. HE LIED TO HER ABOUT IT ALL. LIED.

As the Sister of a COL/AMRY who has had more than his share of tours overseas and as the Aunt of a PURPLE HEART Nephew coming home from Afganistan having lost more than 3/4's of the soldiers he went over seas with . I understand you being upset. My 21yo nephew came home with TBI (Tramatic Brain injury). And 5 years later he is doing amazing. Under tons of medical care. But I can honestly tell you, my nephew, whose name also happens to be Ryan has never had the outburts this Ryan has and this Ryan has no medical diagnosis because he is GOING BACK over seas. My Ryan was medically discharged from the Army. This OC Ryan has some SERIOUS anger issues that cannot be totally blamed on the Military.

Also, about Brianna and the baby being upstairs . NOPE, Brianna was right there at the party all night showing off the new baby. So nope they were not tucked away upstairs at all.
    Last edited by momrek06; 08-06-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    KAREN

When a wife starts making excuses for her husband's behavior and actions, it is not a good thing and it points to trouble in the marriage. I doubt they will stay together for the duration. She'll get fed up and have to go.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think it's possible that with Brianna and Ryan, we may be seeing the beginning of mother repeating the behavior of the daughter. As Vicki reminded everyone when it happened, Brianna and Ryan decided to get married very quickly. There was a lot going on in Brianna's life, between her cancer scare, her feeling isolated from her mom, etc, and she was looking for some stability. That along with Ryan being deployed being eminent, led them to jump into things quickly. Brianna committed to a man without fully knowing him, because he treated her in a way that made her feel good and secure. Sounds a lot like Vicki's marriages and relationship with Brooks! Time will tell whether they can weather the storm and work through his behavior or if Brianna will realize that she didn't know Ryan as well as she thought she did when she chose him. I like her, and hope that things do work out and that what we saw was just a bad moment in his life. But if not, I'm not sure that Brianna can really stand in total judgement of Vicki's wilingness to fall in love with someone who isn't good for her but makes her feel good. It could be that she agrees with whatshe's been taught by her mom so much that she does it too.
    alizarules likes this.

I think Briana will become concerned for what baby Troy may be exposed to.....motherhood has a way of changing what you will and will not accept. In time, I think Briana will also come to see her mother differently. It's a maturity thing. I think Briana will allow Ryan to influence her own behavior and thinking up to a point, before she comes to her senses and starts to turn it around and starts becoming her authentic self. Briana says that Ryan is WHO he is, and Briana is WHO she is and has been raised to be. With Briana having watched a strong mother run their home, it's more than likely that she is going to have a strong personality, too. I'd say that Ryan's days, as her husband, are numbered. I think she'll get fed up with his crap.
    bee stung lips and AcookerTV like this.

FORT Fogey

So true and such a great point about motherhood changing your perspective. I had a friend tell me right before my first was born that I'd go from seeing the world through my eyes to seeing the world through my child's, and she was so right! When I was talking about what might happen, I meant that Brianna sees and knows Ryan every day - we only know what we see on TV. So she knows whether what we saw was a man having a REALLY bad day that was caught on camera, or if it is a true portrayal of who he is. If it is truly who he is, then she will figure out whether Troy is better off growing up in a broken family -- and Brianna is an example of how that can be done well -- or to be around that level of anger. I think I know which I'd decide.

+ Reply to Thread