+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2412Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

  1. #2621
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,831

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    What did you all think of Gretchen's proposal to Slade?
    I am going through a divorce. I had a few tears seeing that Gretchen was putting her heart out there, having the courage to hope that Slade would make a good husband. And Slade might really love Gretchen. Momma knows that anything she might have said about husband number one only might have had the effect of making Gretchen feel alone. So she is not going to say anything about husband number two.

    I will cultivate my network of friends and not put my hopes in one person.
    You can do it!

  2. #2622
    It's EDGY! Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,853

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    What did you all think of Gretchen's proposal to Slade?
    The reason why I say pathetic is because the way I was brought up a woman doesn't ask a man out on a date. I didn't need Smell-O-Vision to smell Gretchen's desperation. She's talked about getting older and wanting children and such and so on. Poor thing.

    Like I said before it was nailed in my head not to ask a man out, so, obviously, asking a man to marry her would be soooo out of the question on an intergalactic level! If a man wants to get married or take someone out, he will initiate. Yes, yes, yes there are those rare occasions when a woman does initiate and everything works out happily ever after but, chances are better winning the Pick 3.

    I also can't get over how ambivalent her mother seems to be when the subject turns to Slade! When they were talking about Gretchen's decision to ask him to marry her, her mother looked like she all of a sudden got a migraine but half heartedly smiled sheepishly through it. Poor thing!

    Is Bravo making her parents hold back? You'd think that they would read her up and down!

    Someone please remind me, what did Slade do before he fell on hard times? Why can't he get back into that business?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

  3. #2623
    It's EDGY! Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,853

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    OMG! Is Slade's brother truly from Bizarro World or what? Are they twins???? That just CAN'T be real!!!!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

  4. #2624
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,180

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I am going through a divorce. I had a few tears seeing that Gretchen was putting her heart out there, having the courage to hope that Slade would make a good husband. And Slade might really love Gretchen. Momma knows that anything she might have said about husband number one only might have had the effect of making Gretchen feel alone. So she is not going to say anything about husband number two.

    I will cultivate my network of friends and not put my hopes in one person.

    Liz, my heart hurts for you. These are tough times for you. Sometimes, we only learn the hard lessons by living through them and our experiences; the good part is that we DO indeed learn. Life just isn't always easy. Don't be so hard on yourself. Handle yourself with kid gloves, so as not to increase your own stress. Don't be shocked if things can't remain amicable. Both of you are hurting; it's only natural. Nobody wants to have to admit failure, or that they've been rejected.

    Gretchen's mother has probably learned her own hard lessons, and knows that she has to sit back and let Gretchen learn about life on her own. It won't do Gretchen any good to hear anything negative about what her mom may really thinks about Slade, as long as her daughter's physical safety is not being compromised; it would only serve to hurt her, make her angry, and encourage distance between her and her daughter. Things may work out really well for Gretchen, or Gretchen may come back come back to mom's knee with a new awareness. Let's hope things work out.......but I'm not holding my breath on that one!
    Lizard and Dragonlady like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #2625
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Lizard, I'm so sorry you're going thru that. I know from experience that no matter if it's friendly or not, it's always difficult.
    Lizard likes this.

  6. #2626
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    The reason why I say pathetic is because the way I was brought up a woman doesn't ask a man out on a date. I didn't need Smell-O-Vision to smell Gretchen's desperation. She's talked about getting older and wanting children and such and so on. Poor thing.

    Like I said before it was nailed in my head not to ask a man out, so, obviously, asking a man to marry her would be soooo out of the question on an intergalactic level! If a man wants to get married or take someone out, he will initiate. Yes, yes, yes there are those rare occasions when a woman does initiate and everything works out happily ever after but, chances are better winning the Pick 3.

    I also can't get over how ambivalent her mother seems to be when the subject turns to Slade! When they were talking about Gretchen's decision to ask him to marry her, her mother looked like she all of a sudden got a migraine but half heartedly smiled sheepishly through it. Poor thing!

    Is Bravo making her parents hold back? You'd think that they would read her up and down!

    Someone please remind me, what did Slade do before he fell on hard times? Why can't he get back into that business?
    I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Slade has, implicitly and/or explicitly made it clear to Gretchen for quite a while that he wanted to marry her. She was the one holding back because she wanted him to get himself together first. I think that is why she proposed to him - to let him know she was finally ready.

    I don't remember exactly what he did before, but I seem to recall it had something to do with real estate. Title insurance, maybe?
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.

  7. #2627
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,952

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    I agree with you on both counts KatesMom. I think Gretchen proposed to Slade because she was the hold up to making it happen. I don't know that she had to make such a production out of it - but I tend to think that if she had any doubt that he'd be game, she would not have. I guess she may have made such a production to make it up to him that she'd dragged her feet for so long. And I believe you're right about his previous life being something related to but not directly being real estate I know that he has not gone back into his original industry because so much of the business dried up after the real estate bust.

  8. #2628
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,180

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    As much as I don't care for Brooks, I did like and respect him when he laid down the truth and facts to Victory about their relationship. He's right....THEY don't have a problem...Victory has a problem with her DAUGHTER. What SHE does about it is up to her.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #2629
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,180

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Lydia works waaaay too hard to be relevant......and she's missing the mark.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #2630
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,180

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Somebody needs to slap Ryan upside his PTSD head. He is hideous. Briana is in trouble with this one.
    canuck, alizarules, AmyKay and 3 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.