+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1445Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think Victory also has this issue of "ownership" with her friends. I am not a fan.
    That seems to be a common trait among "housewives".

I will bet they have their real off screen friends & their made for Bravo drama friends.
    doolollie likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I will bet they have their real off screen friends & their made for Bravo drama friends.
    They do. Many of the housewives - from various cities - have said this. The women are rarely close friends before being cast. Same social circles, acquaintances perhaps, but not besties.

That's why when we see the women do and say what they do, it can't really be taken as a reflection of how they are in their normal lives. THey wouldn't have any friends if they talked to them the way they talk to each other on this show.

Vicky might be one of those people that are always messed up romantically but quite successful otherwise. I have not really gotten into bashing Vicky because I haven't really gotten the impression that she is a mean person. I did not know about her philandering before though. And that surely is cruel treatment for her husband. I do believe people should have a peaceful nest to come home to. Vicky gave Don a lot to have to not think about while he was with her.

Alexis looked weirdly thin. And I did not like her comments about using a Bible against people.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Alexis's comments about the bible came across to me as showing that she's a person who hears things and repeats them - she's not smart enough to really think about it or always comprehend what she's hearing. So she hears things in church and from others about using the Word as a shield, and being strengthened by faith. Rather than interpreting and comprehending what that means in day to day life, she takes the figurative speech rather literally, and ends up repeating it in a way that makes her sound really stupid. As for Vicky -- I have to say I don't see her as much BUT mean. She's readily admitted in the past that new housewives have to suck up to her before she will be kind to them. She sees herself as the godmother of reality TV, and expects everyone to kiss her ring. If anyone does not, or worse outshineshes her, she goes after them. She's attacked Gretchen with idle gossip that Gretchen says is untrue. She's mocked Heather for the way she handles her family. She bashed Jenna for her marriage failing and the way her kids behave. She mocked Lynn when she and her husband were evicted. I see Vicky passing a lot more judgement than she does compassion!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Alexis's comments about the bible came across to me as showing that she's a person who hears things and repeats them - she's not smart enough to really think about it or always comprehend what she's hearing. So she hears things in church and from others about using the Word as a shield, and being strengthened by faith. Rather than interpreting and comprehending what that means in day to day life, she takes the figurative speech rather literally, and ends up repeating it in a way that makes her sound really stupid.
    Exactly! I've made the same point elsewhere. The woman is really, really stupid so she needs an external force to tell her what to think (her husband, the Bible). She's applying the same proscribed logic to bullying. Those people were mean, I feel bad, therefore I'm a victim of bullying. Thank goodness she's not into feminism because -- I mean, becauhsse -- she'd misunderstand that too and give the rest of us a bad name. "When you looked at my boobs just then you were sexually harassing me!"
    Punkin likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I don't think I like Lydia. She comes across to me as self-righteous and always right. She just irritates me.

IMO, Vicki is anything but nice. Financial success is nice but it is not an indication of good character. I'd rather be penniless than be like her.
    Punkin, beerbelly and LuckyMom like this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Alexis is still an idiot. A FAKE idiot, at that. How much more shallow can she get? She should use some of that money that she and her husband have to buy some additional IQ points.
    jucamer likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

mayamaisha, I see what you are saying about Lydia, but she's growing on me because I think she usually is right. She still annoys me a bit because I think she tries to act ditzy and weak in an attempt to get people to like her. But when it comes to her input when the women are fighting, I think she has in many cases come across as the lone voice of reason. She has a way of putting things into perspective that I like having around when things start getting crazy. When Vicky and Laurie were fighting last night, the other women were just standing their watching, as if it was exciting entertainment (kind of like we were at home!). It took Lydia coming along and pointing out that it was silly to do that on the ski slope for the other women to kind of snap out of it and stop giving them attention.
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Newbie

I am having a harder and harder time looking at Vicki's face. It is almost freakish. I can't imagine that her natural face would be less appealing that what she has now. What a shame.
    Punkin and Dragonlady like this.

+ Reply to Thread