+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Okay so if Vicky & Brooks broke-up (supposedly) in this week's episode, why was he Vicky's date for Tamara's wedding? Is she that desparate?
    YES, she is!
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    My Moms best advice was "you can do bad on your own you do not need company." Women we really need to heed this advice!!
    AMEN!! This could be my mantra, and my own mama said it more than once to me. We must have shared similar mamas, MsDiva. Mine was from Tennessee, and she had many little gems of wisdom to share, most of which came to pass or which I later found to be true. However, my mom was also fond of saying it was just as possible to love a wealthy man as it was to love a poor one. Not sure about that one, lol.

Yes, all women should heed this, especially the ones who think they are nothing without a man. It's so not true, and so possible to find enough happiness or contentment within your own self without looking for it in a man. Some would say men don't like women who are too independent and seem to not need them; however that shouldn't matter since the point is not to need one so desperately.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As a woman who is extremely independent, I also have learned how to "pick my moments".

I don't have to be so doggoned tough all of the time.
    beerbelly, Prism and Dragonlady like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Apparently Lauri has come in as the resident assassin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Apparently Lauri has come in as the resident assassin.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I guess Bravo's plan is to see how Icky gets knocked from her pedestal. It's not a matter of "if", it's destiny, and Lauri is just the woman for the job - she knows a lot about Ick from years back, was on the inside in Ick's home, working in Ick's insurance business; so she's seen and heard way more than Ick is comfortable with - and Icky was not so kind to Lauri, so now Lauri's bringing the big guns!

At the time Lauri left the show, she and Chins were having huge legal problems, stepchild problems, her own children were in trouble, and she couldn't keep up the fašade of a perfect life. Her circumstances apparently have settled down enough for her to give it another try. She and Icky are now in a battle of wits, and Ick is unarmed.
    Punkin and Jupiter like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

I have to think of Vicki in terms of components. There are parts of her that are quite impressive and parts of her that make me cringe. For me, she has more of the former than the latter and therefore, I still like her.

She has raised two REALLY great kids. They are happy and well adjusted. She did a bunch of things right on that count. Same with her business. Insurance is a hard to break into, but she did it and built wealth for her and her family.
    And, with the exception of a low love tank, she is happy.

She is hypocritical and judgmental, and normally I'd give her F- because she is so extreme, but I think the vast majority of that has to be for the cameras - or else she wouldn't have succeeded in the other areas of her life. And, even though it may be none of her business, Vicki is often times right - e.g. IMO Slade turned out to be a dud, Gretchen is a gold digger, and Tamra is a class-A b....(rhymes with witch).

And, as to Lori, I don't recall the nature of her's and Vicki's issues, but I do recall Vicki going above and beyond to help Laurie when Laurie really needed it.

Laurie doesn't bring anything to the table. She was a pretty bad mother to her son (it literally hurt me to watch her talk to him and about him) and she hasn't done anything to make her own way in the world - beyond marrying a rich guy. I'm not opposed to that, by the way, but this woman has no substance whatsoever and doesn't hold a candle to Vicki.

I would love to see a spin-off of Vicki's family...her, Michael, and Brianna. They are the most interesting and entertaining to me.

Michael was a stitch in the anniversary show when he asked "What was the question?" So funny. It spoke volumes. He has his feet on the ground...as does Brianna. Vicki did that.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-05-2013 at 03:37 AM.
    channel5lady and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fan

Nope, they did it themselves. She was never around (always working), can't manage to stay in a stable marriage or relationship, sets a bad example by partying like a 18 year old, etc. Sometimes kids become well adjusted in spite of, or to spite, their parents. I don't give her any credit.
    Trust Me!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Call me crazy but I've actually been very impressed with Tamra this past couple of episodes. She went out of her way to include Alexis in her wedding dress shopping along with the other women. Good to see Heather and Alexis "sort of" getting along too. I just wish it would last. But I have a better chance of getting struck by lightening ten times in a row than that happening, of course.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Jexter and Lizard like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Nope, they did it themselves. She was never around (always working), can't manage to stay in a stable marriage or relationship, sets a bad example by partying like a 18 year old, etc. Sometimes kids become well adjusted in spite of, or to spite, their parents. I don't give her any credit.
    What defines Icky IMHO: Drunken immature woo-hoo! behavior at the lake (Tahoe?), pushing her half-naked boobs into men's faces at bars, upside-down beer kegging with 18 year old boys, in bed at a hotel with another 18-something year old boy, sex meetups with SkeevyAyers when out of town at conferences, calling a Chinese man "ching chang", dressing her very mature lumpy body in clothing suitable for a twenty year old, faking it with a vow renewal with ex Donn while engaging in an extramarital affair, and assorted other indiscretions. Her immaturity suggests that any business or financial success is dumb luck.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Victory also has this issue of "ownership" with her friends. I am not a fan.
    candor likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread