+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2579Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

The very fact that Gretchen loves Slade tells me that she's as dumb as a rock. He's a lazy pig. She seems to think he has redeemed himself because he got a job as a radio talk show host...something that didn't last very long anyway. But guess now he's good enough for her to have a baby with...and then marry him. (Why are women having babies first and then get married?)
    I think the Vicki stories are interesting to the others because she constantly portrays herself as perfect. Ha!
    Lizard and jucamer like this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Something seems very very odd to me about the way that Lauri keeps appearing this season to spill more dirt on Vicki. Why is that happening now? I wonder if she's trying to get revenge because Vicki was the one who spread the information about Lauri's drama, or something like that. It just seems weird that after a few seasons being totally gone, she's appeared twice now, spilled dirt about Vicki, and then dissappeared again.
    I agree. It seems set up. I bet she was paid for the appearances with the requirement that she dish the dirt. I also feel like they're showing her stupid comments a million times.

I didn't even watch Orange County when Lauri was on the show, and I'm sick of her already! I couldn't imagine a whole season of her.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
    I agree. It seems set up. I bet she was paid for the appearances with the requirement that she dish the dirt. I also feel like they're showing her stupid comments a million times.
    I doubt the "dirt" was true. After all, Lauri's lips are trying to move. I think she and Cross-Eyed Andy had to rack their miniscule brains to come up with some sort of drama that Lauri swore she wasn't interested in getting involved in, but it was a way to get back on the show. I could be wrong, but I sense trouble on the home front that involves kid's and money problems.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Didn't Lauri say she had been a Playmate of the Month?
    Why did they bring her back on this show, anyway?!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lauri's face.........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I was a little annoyed at first that the 100th episode last night was entirely a retrospective. I had thought they would do one hour of looking back, and then one hour of new show. But I did enjoy watching all the old stuff. I had forgotten just how much the show has evolved, and how much it really did used to have more focus on the housewives teenage kids and their exploits. I guess it shows how much the OC had to be altered based on what happened with casts in other cities. I did think that Vicki's comments gave a lot of insight about the way she behaves. Her son talked about finding out about the casting call, which led to Vicki looking in to it, and then accoridng to her claims bringing most of the other women in. And Vicki talked about being the godmother of the entire franchise. It made me realize that while most of us look at it figuring that if Vicki had not been cast, other people would have been, and everything would have happened the same way with different people, in Vicki's mind, if she had not been cast, than NOTHING about the housewives would have happened. And of course, the housewives shows have had a big impact on reality TV not just on Bravo, but on other channels as well. So in Vicki's mind, she's changed the face of entertainment. No one else thinks so, but I can slightly understand why she'd convince herself of that. I don't think it justifies her behavior, but it does explain why she thinks she's a much much bigger deal than most people see her as being.
    Punkin likes this.

I watched probably the first 30-40 minutes of this episode, got bored & went outside for fresh air. What a bunch of horrible, self-centered, self-important fake, phoney people. Do any of their faces move...seriously...there is zero emotion except for screaming & I am sure that must hurt their frozen faces. I am sorry but I honestly don't think any of them look good let alone natural. This was my Ah-Ha moment. I will keep up on here for updates but I am not wasting any more of my summer watching this show.
    I guess I grew up.
    Punkin likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I was really happy to see how well Jeana's, Vicki's, and Tamra's kids (son anyway) have turned out. They were able to adjust after watching their behavior on the show. That humility and willingness to learn and grow is impressive.

They are all good kids and seem well adjusted. As much as we may despise the moms at times, Vicki, Jeana, and Tamra are reasonably good mothers. Gretchen will be a good mother too when the time comes.

Seeing how well the kids have turned out was worth the time spent watching the show.

(Vicki's son Michael is a hoot).
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-25-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Dragonlady likes this.

lauri & Vicki must have the same butcher for those horrid faces of theirs,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread