+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2018Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

If I recall correctly, didn't Lauri's son go to prison for awhile???
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I believe it is because we have all become jaded to the point that no one thought it surprising that Laurie does have a daughter who is the stripper.
    Wait a minute....Laurie has a daughter who is a stripper? Is it her biological daughter or one of George's kids - and was she the one who caught Brooks?

I mistyped....Ashley who is Laurie's daughter has a friend who is a stripper, at least according to Laurie. One can only guess as to what Ashley does for a living, not that I care.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

the friend sounded more prostitute/call girl than stripper to me . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I mistyped....Ashley who is Laurie's daughter has a friend who is a stripper, at least according to Laurie. One can only guess as to what Ashley does for a living, not that I care.

I have this week recorded. I need to watch it.

I did not watch this show in the beginning because I thought it portrayed people my age as miserable (botoxed to funny expressions), missing the mark in trying to look young. Heather, Alexis and Gretchen were nice editions because they added needed elements. But Gretchen does not appear to be a nice person any more; and she does not appear to be glamorous anymore either. I guess she really loves Slade. I have friends who have male companions who I wonder why on earth would they put up with their bs.

Lydia is ok. So she has indicated that her mother prioritizes pot over her throughout her life.....not too interested in her mom.

I played the blurb to see what the Slade and Lydia argument was about. I will take Lydia's side. She already had judged Slade to be a creep. Him calling a name in her own house was rude and creepy.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I have this week recorded. I need to watch it.

I did not watch this show in the beginning because I thought it portrayed people my age as miserable (botoxed to funny expressions), missing the mark in trying to look young. Heather, Alexis and Gretchen were nice editions because they added needed elements. But Gretchen does not appear to be a nice person any more; and she does not appear to be glamorous anymore either. I guess she really loves Slade. I have friends who have male companions who I wonder why on earth would they put up with their bs.

Lydia is ok. So she has indicated that her mother prioritizes pot over her throughout her life.....not too interested in her mom.

I played the blurb to see what the Slade and Lydia argument was about. I will take Lydia's side. She already had judged Slade to be a creep. Him calling a name in her own house was rude and creepy.
    Aftr all that with Slade, did you see Lydia then call Gretchen "Malibu Beach Barbie" ???? naaa, Lydia is a hyprocrite. Period. As I said before, she can NOT take it (shut up already, Lydia) but she can DISH it. GAWD.
    Punkin, Dragonlady and Coco46 like this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Lydia needs to learn what's worth reacting to and what's not. I thought she looked idiotic and overly-dramatic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    [/B]

The only thing that stood out for me in this whole episode was the highlighted part above. I would certainly not advertise the sleazy friends my daughter ran around with. Doesn't look good for her parenting skills, which we already know she doesn't have any.
    According to this Lauri failed her grandchild, and I assume George's youngest kid, on top of letting the chips fall where they may after using Ashley and her friend to report her big dark secret she had on Brooks so it would reflect back on Vicki. No one knows if what Lauri said is factual. I loathe Lauri and her chinless, heartless husband in so many ways. Why have kids if you're too busy with your own life? I don't get it. I would love to here from the kids, bet they all have a story to tell.

Lauri Waring Peterson Stirs It Up on the Real Housewives of Orange County | A2S- Reality TV Backstories
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

I didn't know if was possible to hate Tamra more, but it's becoming apparent that she's going to turn on Gretchen just like she turned on Vicki. How hard is it to have two good friends without hating and ostracizing one of them? That's something girls do in middle school, but eventually they grow up. Tamra has the emotional maturity of a 13-year-old. Both Gretchen and Vicki should have heeded Dr. Phil's advice: If they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you.
    Punkin, Imperfect1 and Oompaloopa like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I know I'm in the minority here but I'll go ahead anyway, lol. I kind of liked the episode where Tamra, Vicky and Lydia left Gretch and Heather and went partying. I liked that episode but not the one when the strippers came. After that it got gross and nasty, but I thought it was funny that they went off and had some fun. It was like old times for Vicky and Tamra, you could tell, even though that might not be a good thing. I got the feeling that Heather and Gretchen could have found them though, because Vicky only mentioned the name of her favorite bar about 40 times...they should have been able to figure out where to go. If the other girls just ignored them and didn't text them back their whereabouts at all, then yes that was a bit rude, but those two didn't want to go party anyhow! It made me giggle when they came back drunk and when they were being all silly dancing on the bar.

Gretchen flat does not want Tamra to be friends with certain people. It's a possessive controlling thing and it's ugly.

Why is Vicky's past sex life any business of Gretchen's or Laurie's? Spreading that around is straight up revenge, nothing more. It's ugly and childish and even though I don't like these women very much, I don't think Vicky's sex life needs to be brought up by Laurie that way and used to harm her. I am sure we have all had some skeletons we wouldn't want known. Apparently. Laurie isn't squeaky clean in her past, and I am sure Gretchen is not either.

As for Lydia, I still like her even though she is a bit strange. I think she needs to mature a little bit. But Slade is a straight up pig, I didn't realize how slimy he was until now. I don't like him at all. So I didn't mind Lydia giving him a hard time. I also liked the fact that Lydia will stick up for herself and not take alot of crap off the other women. Yeah, maybe she shouldn't have rubbed it in about the runaway party night being the best part of the trip, but I didn't hold that against her too much. I thought the other two took it way too seriously, and they are grown women who could as I said have found the others or gone partying on their own.

What kind of a restaurant was that they went to the first night? What kind of food was it they were serving? It certainly wasn't a popular choice among the others. I did agree with Heather that the complainers should have made the best of it and just not eaten there again.

So if we are to make some assumptions, I guess at some point Tamra and Gretchen are going to have at least a mild falling out.

+ Reply to Thread