+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2580Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I just caught up on last weeks episode last night. I can't say I was disgusted by it. To me, it just showed a bunch of partying women trying to one up each other. They are a competitive bunch and it brought out their worst. To me, the most enlightening moment came when Gretchen and Tamara walked away and Vickie was talking. Vicki said that She should be a mentor to Gretchen. To me, that said Vicki wants to be the queen bee of the show that everyone bows down to. Gretchen came on, was herself and didn't answer to anyone. Vicki got mad that she could do storylines without Vicki, went into a jealous rage and has been after Gretchen ever since.
    Punkin and MsDiva2007 like this.

'RHOC' Tamra Barney & Eddie Judge Get Married -- The Wild Details! (PHOTO) | The Stir

Tamra got married this past weekend and you will all be able to see the entire wedding on SEPTEMBER 2, 2013!

There will be a special called "Tamra's OC Wedding"!

Read the article; it appears that Vikki and Heather were bridesmaids and ALL the housewives were present INCLUDING Vikki's bf Brooks.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do guys always call their sons "buddy"? Only a few of them seem to call them "son".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why do guys always call their sons "buddy"? Only a few of them seem to call them "son".
    Hmm, shay, I have two sons and I have called them 'bud' often! Even texting them I will start with "hey bud"!

But to be honest, I don't think my DH has ever called our boys by 'son'!

Obviously when referring to them he will say 'my son' but when addressing them it has always been by their names!
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think my point is that men always seem to be trying to be their son's friend, instead of their parent. I could be wrong, and would love a man's point of view, but I do appreciate what you are saying.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't see the entire party who tonight...I think we're a week behind? But i did like the blinking blingy bows that the 3 of them wore. FUn Fun Fun!

Enjoyed reading everyone's posts tonight!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

So all the dirty laundry on Vicky is out. And that was calling her a lying pile of shizbot. We thought he was being mean. But truth was just coming out of his mouth. She looks a lot younger in the other seasons they are playing. She loves Brooks because apparently Brooks is not much different than herself.

The dress in the picture does not look bridal to me...needs a veil or something.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Something seems very very odd to me about the way that Lauri keeps appearing this season to spill more dirt on Vicki. Why is that happening now? I wonder if she's trying to get revenge because Vicki was the one who spread the information about Lauri's drama, or something like that. It just seems weird that after a few seasons being totally gone, she's appeared twice now, spilled dirt about Vicki, and then dissappeared again.

FORT Fan

I watched Season 2 of OC Housewives before work yesterday. That was sooooo my favorite season. The women were genuinely friends. They had their spats but got over it. I loved when the show was about watching rich women spend their money and throw parties. Now, it's about catty women who spend money they don't have and get jealous of each other for the littlest things. Why do I keep watching?
    Jexter likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady View Post
    I watched Season 2 of OC Housewives before work yesterday. That was sooooo my favorite season. The women were genuinely friends. They had their spats but got over it. I loved when the show was about watching rich women spend their money and throw parties. Now, it's about catty women who spend money they don't have and get jealous of each other for the littlest things. Why do I keep watching?
    The whole franchise has taken a turn for the nasty. I'd much rather see genuine friendships and family relations than what amounts to cast members squabbling. I think this is why New Jersey does so well with the public. It deals with real relationships rather than those created by a cast of characters who really don't know each other beyond the boundaries of the show.

I'm not invested in relationships like Heather's and Alexis' or Brandi Glanville's and Kyle's from BH, etc. They are just random women with no history put together in a boxing ring and told to dish up drama. I could care less what they fight about or who wins. Well, I "mostly" could care less. I still tune in from time to time. I still find entertainment in it all but I'm not invested in it enough to care.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    AcookerTV likes this.

+ Reply to Thread