+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2612Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I think I may have gotten an STD through the TV set watching this last episode w the strippers.

Yeah my mouth was wide open and not a word would come out. I have to say I have seen it all living in Cali or so I thought. The worse part was Vickie's face it just swings like a pendulum when she walks.haha Those strippers sh just no. Yuck.
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Vicky is not accepting her aging process. Emotionwise, a nightmare spouse. Providerwise, I guess she is ok. Peeing on the bed without even commenting....must be a regular event. Nasty
    You can do it!

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Can't wait to read Vickie's blog (excuses) after this one. Wowsa - the peeing, Tamra calling her out to Gretchen about 'my plan worked', etc. She's a complete mess.

I'm not a huge Gretchen fan, but I did feel bad for her. And I really felt bad for Heather. Again though, Lydia stirring the pot with her "are we all okay from last night?" And it looks like Lydia gets into it next week with someone.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Vic was actually quite cute in her younger years - based on photos I've seen. Even her nose didn't look as pronounced as it does in her older years.

I can't help but wonder if she's had face lifts over the years which served to pull the nose up and back??? Or maybe it was a natural progression as the rest of her face aged.

I can see wanting the nose the job. Other than that, she should have stayed out of the California sun.

FORT Fogey

I haven't been watching much this season (Tamra's ugliness got the better of me) but I tuned in bit last night and really enjoyed the new housewife. She's a good addition. She adds some lightness which the show really, really needed.

I also saw a bit where Tamra talks about the abuse her parents endured and I saw a clip from a recent show with Tamra's mother at the event at which Tamra spoke at. All this helps me better understand Tamra and it explains a lot. Not that it justifies how poorly she's treated just about everyone over the years.

I would like to see more clips of Tamra's mom. It's never too late to turn corners in life. Seems as if she had a bit of a break through with her own demons. This kind of show can help with that because it sort of forces the matter. I would like to see her evolution - assuming it's in a positive direction.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lydia looked about 12 years old last night. I just don't understand that woman. She seems to be playing the opposite sides of many fences.
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Lydia looked about 12 years old last night. I just don't understand that woman. She seems to be playing the opposite sides of many fences.
    Lydia reminds me of one of those troll dolls around the eyes. lol. Heather and her look of shock at the strippers after giving someone a whip?Ok
    norealityhere likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Vicky is just gross in every way. I can understand why Tamara is the way she is; I really hope she's getting some kind of professional help to help her work through these emotions and that she can make a turn for the better hopefully before impacting her other young kids to repeat the cycle. I can also understand Lydia's wanting to get things out in the open, deal with it right then, and then move from there. I did feel sorry for Gretchen at first , but I also thinks she starts stuff with Vicky as well- tit for tat. Towards the end of the episode; I do think she was riding the "poor me" wave. And I think she's sorta controlling towards Tamara.
    Punkin likes this.

Way back in the day, when Tamra's father and stepmother were shown living in their flood-damaged house in Ohio, when Tamra's extended family was shown acting like heathens sitting around a dinner table at one of the relatives' homes, and when Tamra had an enormously awkward sit-down "talk" with her father.... it was apparent she was from a family of dim bulbs who lived on the edge of squalor. Emotional, intellectual, and mental squalor. Apparently the mother broke somewhat free, but she's not much to lean on even now. The Ohio scenes of Tamra's flippant and sarcastic attitude with her family, her sex talk that equated sex with "dirty", her needy arrogance.... I did feel a little sorry for her. What a hell of a childhood she must have had.

It struck me then that Tamra was broken, and since then I haven't posted much about her, just kinda thinking she's so far down she doesn't know what up looks like. Clothes, bling, liquor, sex, men, fame, none of it lifted her up. Her virulent temper, her lack of ability to sort fact from fiction, her inability to remain civil when faced with problems- what a mess. But hey, she's an adult, she doesn't need to stay broken forever. Ah, well, some kinda light apparently went off, and she's possibly starting the long, slow climb to civility. Her work's cut out for her, that's for sure.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread