+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    The way she was talking about it made it seem different to me. I went through a period of time in my life where a had some big time mood shifts due to hormones. With me, it was more depression than anger. But when it was happening, I had NO idea just how differently I was behaving or what was going on. It was not until after the fact when my doctor changed some medications for other reasons that I realized what was going on. I thought I was crying all the time because bad things were happening. Later, I realized that things were happening at the same pace they always had - my reactions to it were just a lot more extreme. That's why Tamara's comments stuck out to me - it seemed like even having the benefit of seeing herself on TV, she did not realize just how much more extreme her reactions were than other people's.
    This was interesting to me, and I found myself remembering a time not too long ago when I went through something kind of similar. I wrote some emails during that time that I was horrified to read later. I did not remember writing them. A friend of mine who is a professional told me she was sure I had PTSD. It was the result of a really traumatic loss. When I was younger, I did have a more fiery disposition, and I'm much less likely now to go off on anybody unless they really do something awful. I don't like drama, and I used to not mind it. So I guess you have a point about Tamra.

Okay I realize I was on Benedryl for my allergies buuuttt...did I hear this correctly? Did Slade actually turn in Gretchen's leased Merceded for a Rolls for her birthday but Gretchen has to make the monthly payments? Call me clueless even thought I have purchased numerous cars in my well seasoned life but I had to actually personally SIGN any/all paperwork. How can this creature even afford to pay for this car since he doesn't pay child support or is Gretchen paying for her own birthday present.
    A Rolls is a horrible car...should have bought an Audi R8.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Well on the one hand, I give Slade credit for honesty. My husband and I joke all the time about how silly it is for us to buy gifts for each other, since we are funding them from a joint gift budget, so we're essentially buying gifts for ourselves. Slade is just being a little more straightforward about that. The part that shocked me was that he justified it by saying it was only "a few hundred" more a month than she was paying right now. A few hundred is a significant difference! The key reason that more people don't drive around in a Rolls (other than the fact that they are crappy cars as you said) is that few extra hundred a month!!!!! I kind of wonder if it's not just product placement for a storyline, and a month or so from now, we'll find out Gretchen isn't driving it anymore.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

THAT was the impression that I got! It left me scratching my head. Can we say "poseurs"? I can't believe that is OK with her. Maybe she'll get home and think about it and come to her senses. Men and cars.......tsk. I don't even think that my pretentious ex would have had the cojones to pull something like that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am in the catagory of color me I am not buying this Rolls Royce line for 1 second. Even if Gretchen came to her senses the next day, once that car was driven off the lot it became a used car & the car depreciated by 10%. I am also pretty darm sure a Rolls isn't the easiest car to insure either. Given Slade's lack of credit i.e. no job, behind on child support he would not have been able to insure that car on his own, He also could not amend the policy without Gretchen's consent.
    I did start to like Gretchen last season...not so much or at all this season.
    Phoney phakes phreaks! Plus it will be Gretchen paying those few extra $100's monthly.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Gretchen and Slade disgust me. Period. If Gretch the Wretch thinks Alexis is a showoff, what would make her and Slade any better? Why on earth would she want a Rolls? ugh. I would be so embarrassed by Slade if I were her, and it was his idea. But like others here, I don't buy it.

Heather was on Andy's show last night saying she had not had any surgery on her face, only occasional botox. Not sure if I believe her, but who knows? To me, her face has that look about it....don't know what to call it. PSE (Possibly Surgically Enhanced)? That will work. She looks odd. Her eyes look crazy, and last season I remember thinking she was sort of pretty. She doesn't look pretty to me anymore. She looks kind of evil. Lol.
    AmyKay and sparklete like this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Gretchen and Slade disgust me. Period. If Gretch the Wretch thinks Alexis is a showoff, what would make her and Slade any better? Why on earth would she want a Rolls? ugh. I would be so embarrassed by Slade if I were her, and it was his idea. But like others here, I don't buy it.
    EXACTLY!!!!! We know they can't afford a Rolls, even on a lease basis. Gretchen can never say anything about Alexis' fake rings or over extension on their house. I smell producer influence/promotional consideration.

Lydia is a little pot stirrer, isn't she? Asking Tamra and Vicki if they were okay since Vicki just called Tamra a bitch at the wine event...right there at Heather's party...was crazy. I'm glad it didn't end up being another shriek fest and Heather get all "they ruined my night".

It was weird seeing Lauri again. I'm not really sure how I feel about her coming back.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Lydia is a little pot stirrer, isn't she? Asking Tamra and Vicki if they were okay since Vicki just called Tamra a bitch at the wine event...right there at Heather's party...was crazy. I'm glad it didn't end up being another shriek fest and Heather get all "they ruined my night".
    I've noticed that more than once during Lydia's short time on the show. Either she's just one of those gals who likes things up front and out in the open, or she's a pot stirrer.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Regular

Or the producers fed her that line...
    candor and Imperfect1 like this.

I guess what Lydia's like remains to be seen, but then I think she will change like they all do when the cameras follow them. I like her ok so far, I think she's kind of cute. I don't get a firm idea what she's really all about yet though.

+ Reply to Thread