+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1446Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Heather and Terry--His wanting to plug a joke or whatever in while she is talking to him is very ass***e like. Mentioning the divorce word is very hurtful. Maybe he is doing that as a power thing. Heather does value herself based on station. And she could lose that all plus love. And if Terry did that, he could start begging for love from someone who is interested in his pocketbook or is even more not compatible than Heather, someone that would damage his kids. Heather needs to stop punching buttons. She knows how Terry is. She knows what words would start a fight. If I were her, I think I would take some pauses at his insensitive remarks. She knows that she will not accept his apology in their petty word games. Demerits on both sides. I am an Aries. Aries knows not how to engage in passive aggressiveness. A plus but also a minus because I must police my mouth. I think that Heather is saying these mean things to Terry as passive aggressiveness. She must be mad at him for something. She needs to cut that crap out.

Vicky loves Brooks, because she Brooks is like herself and she loves herself. My take on the weirdness. Most people would just look at a Brooks and see a person that has many lines and say anything to woo women. But Vicky does not. She believes the lines. Anybody else she would see doing the same thing she would call a sucker.

Tamra. Looks better. Must be botox or something. Gretchen--her cruelty to Alexis and recent uptake with Tamra makes me think she is a flake (not reliable).

Alexis--I can see that her individual life not useful for housewive show purposes.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 05-16-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    You can do it!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Omg you owe me a keyboard .lol
    Oops...sorry...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I've only tuned into bits and pieces this season but the Heather vs. Terry marital drama seems staged to me. Heather didn't bring much drama last season and needed to ramp it up. This was her attempt at developing a story line for itself and unfortunately it is backfiring. I find it unfortunate because I really liked her last season and the show could do with someone who is slightly above the fray.

As to Brooks and Vicki...Brooks is a slime ball. We all recognize it and so does Vicki. In my mind, she lets its slide with eyes wide open. Since everyone is giving her crap about him, she has to stick up for him, so she does. But I don't think she is being authentic.

My take on this is that Vicki wants a man in her life.....doesn't have to be marriage material but a half-way man's man to be with...someone to make her feel attractive and desired. Brooks may be slimy but if he satisfies these needs in Vicki, I say go for it.

I'd like to see Vicki come right out and acknowledge Brooks' less then reputable character and then say she just doesn't care. Well, now that I think about it, she sort of has done this already....she's at least acknowledged that Brooks has made mistakes.

....who hasn't. I'm over the drama surrounding both of these relationships. They are fine as they are (IMO)....for what they are.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-16-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Duckyface likes this.

I'm in total agreement re Terry and Heather's squabbles becoming real fights is all staged. I think they based it on what actually happens between those two and were asked to exaggerate it all for the show. There's probably a little bit of truth in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm in total agreement re Terry and Heather's squabbles becoming real fights is all staged. I think they based it on what actually happens between those two and were asked to exaggerate it all for the show. There's probably a little bit of truth in it.
    I am with you, I think they are staged as well as most of the "fights" are. I guess perhaps I am over this series.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    ... As to Brooks and Vicki...Brooks is a slime ball. We all recognize it and so does Vicki...
    .... My take on this is that Vicki wants a man in her life.....doesn't have to be marriage material but a half-way man's man to be with...someone to make her feel attractive and desired. .
    Yep, it appears she knows he's slimy. If she was a halfway decent person, I'd have empathy. As it stands, I've seen no authentic caring, no empathy for anyone on this show for the entire whatever years; selfish, egocentric harridan that she is..... and she's thrown herself bodily - and sometimes too bare - at everything from teenage boys to random skeeves at bars, with no success. Apparently they all think she's no catch.

.... I'd think at least one of the guys in the bar, just being decent, would have protectively removed her and had a little talk about propriety.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

No comments on Tamra coming clean to Eddie about her out-of-control anger issues? Girl friend needs some serious anger management therapy! She's needed it for a very long time, and we've seen her raging temper since her very first appearances on the show, several seasons ago.

FORT Fogey

Tamara coming clean to Eddie didn't really mean much to me, because I didn't see anything to see that she'll chage it. Yes, she recognizes that she can go into a rage. But unless she recognizes that she has to change it, rather than just taking an attitude of "That's who I am, people need to know that" then it doesn't matter. The way she talked about it, I did wonder if it's not a hormone imbalance caused thing. But again, if she won't take the responsibility to go to a doctor to have that checked out and if necessary treated, it doesn't matter.

A doctor would probably say Tamra has MeanBitchItis. Incurable, of course. Treatment to consist of double shots of thorazine and a straight jacket whenever symptoms (red face, evil eye) begin to appear.

Of course, I don't know. Maybe she was sincere. She did seem to be a little shocked to realize how angry she becomes. Maybe she'll change. Or maybe she'll appear to change to keep herself interesting and relevant and not so hateful. I find it hard to believe she is just now realizing how horrible she can be. She's been that way for more than a minute.

Time will tell.

FORT Fogey

The way she was talking about it made it seem different to me. I went through a period of time in my life where a had some big time mood shifts due to hormones. With me, it was more depression than anger. But when it was happening, I had NO idea just how differently I was behaving or what was going on. It was not until after the fact when my doctor changed some medications for other reasons that I realized what was going on. I thought I was crying all the time because bad things were happening. Later, I realized that things were happening at the same pace they always had - my reactions to it were just a lot more extreme. That's why Tamara's comments stuck out to me - it seemed like even having the benefit of seeing herself on TV, she did not realize just how much more extreme her reactions were than other people's.

+ Reply to Thread