+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2580Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

In fairness to Slade (and it feels very strange to somehow have become his defender here) you are comparing a 10 day hospitalization to treatments and hospitalizations that have been going on for years. I remember hearing about the health concerns with Slade's son back when he was on the show with Jo. The need for a break in those two different lengths of time is different.
    Imperfect1 and buttahfly like this.

I thought Gretchen was being VERY SELFISH last night. Slade is FINALLY FINALLY stepping up as a parent and flying to NYC to be with his son and all Gretchen wants is Slade to be in CALI with her to make a baby. MY GAWD, Gretchen, you totally embarassed yourself on last night's show being so so so freakin' selfish. What a spoiled brat. That child was in SLADE's life before she ever was.

Heather and Terry, PLEASE LEAVE THE SHOW NOW and more Heather than Terry. WHAT IS HER PROBLEM? She is so condescending to him. Heather is the NEW Tamra. That whole phone call at the dress shop with Tamra was soooooooo scripted. When I am out with my friends and I get a call, I never say to anyone, 'hold on I have to take this call' and then proceed to put it on SPEAKER for all to hear. SCRIPTED. And I could care less if Heather is on that Cleveland show. meh.

Vicki and Brooks, OMG, I cannot stand him at all. He totally LIED about seeing someone else. Vicki asked him, he said he was, she was shocked and asked again and then he said no. WHAT A JERK. This right HERE is why Brianne cannot STAND him. And I support her. Brianne and Vicky made a pact that Brooks would not be around their new baby and NOW VICKY WANTS to BREAK that pack. Gawd.

I did not care for Lydia's mother. Just not a fan of hers at all. I hate that pixie/fairy dust crap. I think she is going to be one of these that wants to just "BE ON THE SHOW". JMHO. I live in the OC. Going to a dress shop and buying two dresses for $2500.00. Whatever. There are TONS of lovely dress shops here; ANN TAYLOR, TALBOTS and the LOFT and I could have bought 25, $100.00 dresses at A.T. for those TWO they bought which BTW were very ugly. I just was at the BLOCK and I bought a beautiful dress at A.T. for my son's law school grad for $75.00 on sale from $129.00. This continuing of flaunting money irks me.

Alexis and Jim washing their faces. blah blah blah Glad their appearance was minimal.

Tamra, glad her appearance was minimal last night.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I agree with you about Lydia's mom. Lydia seems too normal to be the product of a mom who neglected her as much as Lydia seemed to be claiming in describing her mom. She didn't seem to me to be a woman who was truly eccentric. Instead, she seemed like a woman who pretends to be eccentric in order to get attention. Maybe she watched Mama Elsa and decided she wants fame like her. Alexis and Jim in the bathroom totally baffled me. Alexis was removing her makeup, which seemed like it was an end of the day washing her face before going to bed activity. But Jim was shaving. My husband, and most other men I know, shave in the morning. If my husband shaved before bed, and then slept for 8 hours, he woudln't have a clean shaven look when he went to work the next day. Way to show it was a set up scene for no reason other than to have a conversation Bravo! Speaking of scripted conversations, part of me wonders if the Gretchen / Slade storyline is not a bit scripted. When a woman is dating a man with kids, it can be an issue to figure out who gets the priority, and that's a problem a lot of women can relate to. Maybe the producers chose now for Gretchen to have baby fever just so they could show the storyline of the two of htem struggling to figure out when Gretchen is the priority, and when he has to step aside. I THINK I remember that being a slight issue the first season she was on with Jeff, although it wasn't as big an issue since his kids were older.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I agree with you about Lydia's mom. Lydia seems too normal to be the product of a mom who neglected her as much as Lydia seemed to be claiming in describing her mom. She didn't seem to me to be a woman who was truly eccentric. Instead, she seemed like a woman who pretends to be eccentric in order to get attention.
    That was my take, too. She seemed to be playing a character.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I actually felt a slight bit of sympathy for Heather. Maybe it's because I have a friend whose husband is similar to Terry - always needing someone to be the butt of his jokes, and often appointing his wife. We saw one night and two jokes. But if Terry does that all the time (and we've seen it on other episodes, so I guess he does) over time, it becomes exhausting.
    I thought Terry's jokes were very mild; his apology quick and genuine. And repeated. The World According To Heather would not accept the repeated apologies. And that's part of the reason they'll probably be divorced at some point. Few intelligent, accomplished men will stand for the brow-beating she administers on a regular - and filmed - basis. It's demeaning, she's far too haughty, and Terry seems like a decent guy who'll look elsewhere for affirmation.
    Punkin likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Ugh, Heather- she's such a drag nowadays. I'm surprised that she didn't bring up how much she hates Alexus in her fight with Terry. those are the two things she's done this season so far: fight with terry and talk about how much she hates Alexis. I too believe her phonecall was scripted; who puts their phone on speaker in a dressing room unless you want everyone to hear? Her fight with Terry was so dramatic and stupid. I can sympathize if she wasn't feeling appreciated and had had it from being with the kids all day, I can get where Terry's humour might be annoying but to harp on Terry about it and go on and on and on in front of their kids and just not to start over like he asked just to prove her point- that's what 13 year olds do. She's on her way to trainwreckville.

I liked Lydia's mom. She's sort of silly but probably more balanced than the rest of these trollops. I like Lydia too; she speaks the truth about these women. Hope she won't change.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched much of this season at all. I just can't stomach Tamra any more. And the only thing that makes Gretchen even remotely interesting is Slade - and only because his story line has a few compelling components.

And Alexis is a snooze fest as well. It's time for a revamping of the show. For whatever reason, I still find Vicki interesting. I like Heather and Terry - but the way there were last year...not this year.

The new girl is a bit interesting. For next season, I'd like to see the whole show reworked.

Maybe drop all the leading ladies into a show of their own - Nene, Teresa, Vicki, Lisa, Ramona, and someone from Miami (I don't know the show well enough to pick one).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heather was definitely on edge, for some reason. Who knows what was at the base of that? Raising that whole passel of kids can't be easy.

I'm sure Terry is no angel, like most people seem to prefer to think he is. You never know a person until YOU live with them. Who knows what one might discover?
    AcookerTV likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Hope daughter did well after her hospitalization. I doubt that ex-fiance was trying to be malicious; probably doing as well as he could or had been taught.....you know that some men are taught that certain things are only for "women". Sounds like he was to be pitied.
    She was fine, thanks! Sounds like you almost know my ex, lol. He definitely had the women thing vs. men thing going on. Thing is, he was also malicious. He's kept me embroiled in a vicious custody battle for over 10 years...but that's another story, and her being hospitalized was before we officially went to war with each other. Nowadays we mostly get along, and it's a relief because to me, it's about HER and what is best for her. But he's always been about what is best for HIM. Which is total and complete control. But I don't want to go down that road right now...

To the poster whose baby had meningitis, I definitely wouldn't have wanted to leave her for five minutes had she been a baby with that going on. That's terrible, and I hope your baby was ok.

I don't know what to say about Gretchen and Slade. It's true that it's their decision and they'll do whatever they decide to do. I just don't like either one of them. I used to think Gretchen was ok, but now I think she's kind of dumb, and not very nice. Didn't she used to be close friends with Alexis? At any rate, if she has a baby, she will figure out how to raise the child with or without Slade. It's done all the time. It's kind of irresponsible if you ask me, but they didn't ask, lol.

NeNe said on her interview with Andy that this whole cast should be replaced. I thought she said she sort of liked Lydia though. I can tell you one thing, and that is that Heather is now the wicked witch of the west in my book. Of course her hubby isn't perfect, but she's far too hard on him and you can tell that he's mild mannered and not a mean person.
    Punkin likes this.

The thing about Heather and Terry......I can see where he can get annoying and I think at that moment; she had had it. She had been with the kids all day, pulled in many different directions- she just wanted some support. I totally totally get that. He said the wrong thing and it made her mad. But, he also sincerely appologized and wanted to start over with her, but she made this big dramatic thing out of it. I don't know how either of them are behind closed doors with the camera off, but I do see how she can come off as a nag and a harpy. All I know for sure is that I liked her last season; I thought she was posh and refined and a dose of common sense in this bunch and I thought she had a great relationship with her husband; but she's veering off in another direction. Maybe they were just given a better edit last season.

+ Reply to Thread