+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Vicky wanted Briana to move in with her I believe mainly because Briana's husband was supposed to be getting deployed right around the time baby Troy was due. Vicky had a whole new person she could "grand"mother...mold into the perfect human. Briana & her husband(forget his name) told Vicky flat out they would only move in if Brooks was not around. Vicky made a choice & chose her daugher & grandson over her boyfriend. I agree with that choice but now Vicky can't backpeddle and demand Briana accept Brooks & stay living in her home. They weren't making a scene over it Vicky was.

I was more disturbed/upset over Slade. Geeze I do understand you finally have a job, I get that, but your child is very sick in a hospital in NYC & you talk to Gretchen about how he/they still has to live their lives and then bring up having a child with Gretchen. I am sorry but if any of my children were in a hospital in ICU I would be there sleeping on the floor next to him for as many days/months it took until he was coming home. You think your son's mother was leavng her son t fly home? I certainly would not be flying home to be filmed with my current girlfriend to discuss having a baby. Run Gretchen RUN!
    Duckyface and Dragonlady like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Is it possible that Slade's son's mother's presence is the reason why he is going back and forth instead of staying there? From the outside looking in, it's easy as a parent to say "I would not leave my child's side". But given the child support battles that Slade and the child's mom have had, not to mention claims that she leaked a lot of stories to the press to make Slade look bad, I think it's reasonable to assume that there is a lot of tension between the two of them. Perhaps they've figured out that what is best for their son is for them to figure out how to be around each other, but to also give each other room with the kid. Unfortunately, not every co-parenting situation works with the two parents doing everything side by side. Sometimes the division turns out to be better for the kids in the long run. When dealing with a long term illness, the caregivers have to recognize that they need to take care of themselves too. As much as your emotions say you should be right next to the bed the entire time the patient is suffering, sometimes what is best is to have a few days away, refresh, and ensure that you'll be an even stronger support team for the patient when you are back bedside.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Lydia's mother is a trip. This show needs more pot smoking grannies to lighten it up. Maybe that's what Vicki needs! Maybe Lydia's mom needs to have a group brownie party.
    LOLOLOLOL! Being raised in San Francisco during the Flower Power Hippie Revolution, I couldn't help but for some of that to rub off on me. I couldn't be a real Hippie because I had two little ones and a husband serving two tours in Vietnam in the Air Force, but my friends and I did our share of pot. Responsibly, of course. :>) But I've sometimes had the thought that if these ladies would share a joint instead of all that alcohol we would have fun watching giggle sessions instead of all those ugly screaming sessions. Drugs are drugs, you know. Some make you mellow and silly, some make you combative and sloppy. Not advocating. Just sayin'.

And, that said, I love Lydia's mom. My oldest and bestest friend, Colleeen, has a son who own's an Irish Pub where we always celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I always bring a little vial of green gitter to the party. Of course I give it Colleen's granddaughters to sprinkle on everyone so I don't look like an idiot at my age. But everybody seems to love the green "pixie dust". :>) A time for everything, though. Not appropriate for salespersons. Good for her, giving up the daily weed fest!

How shameful Heather is in her treatment of her dear husband, who has afforded her a lifestyle her acting probably never did. Perhaps her nastiness was edited out last season. Or maybe she has changed. But I did enjoy hearing Terry, in the next week previews, mention the "D" (divorce) word. Hmmmmm.

Does anyone know what is wrong with Slade's son? Somehow I missed that information. Has he since recovered?
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Sorry but I don't care if both parents want to tear each other from limb-to-limb you are adult enough to be able to co-exist when it concers your critically ill child or you should be. Child support or lack of it should not be a factor at that point, your child should. So one parent takes the day shift while the other takes the evening shift. Grow-up & deal with each other for the sake of your child. He is in IUC for crying out loud...GROW UP & DON'T MAKE A BABY WITH GRETCHEN!
    Punkin and Duckyface like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Everybody deals with stresses differently which doesn't make either wrong. I also think that Slade and Gretchen having a baby together would not be a very good idea, but that's their decision. SHE will end up paying, big time, since the woman usually gets "stuck" with the child and, thus, the -ex.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think that Slade was showing he IS a grown up in this situation. Gretchen was the one hot to trot NOW for a baby. Slade was the one saying he needs time ... because he's putting his priority with the son that exists now. Everyone and each family has to deal with a critical care patient in their own way. Some people have lives that afford them to give up everything and be present around the clock. Others do not. As I said before - the most important thing a caregiver for a critical care patient can do is to take care of themselves. That means sometimes you HAVE to go away from the bedside. For kids, that's why there are grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends. Sometimes, even the most loving and devoted parents need to take a break. I'm blessed that I've never had to be the critcal care parent in my life. But I have been the relief for a few days to allow the parents to take a break. I can't stand in judgement for something I understand from that sideline.
    Punkin, prhoshay and buttahfly like this.

Excellent! Excellent!! Excellent!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My ex-fiance and I have a daughter together. When she was five years old, she became ill with a serious kidney infection and was hospitalized. Even though at the time we were not getting along very well, we managed to spell each other while she was in the hospital. She wanted her mama, of course, but he would spend hours at a time up there as well. My mother was still alive at the time, so of course she spent time there too. I remember one night when I was really tired and had been there all day, I needed to go home and take care of my dogs. I really needed a break as well. It was hard for me to sleep in that chair in her room, and my mother was there with her, sleeping too. So in the middle of the night I quietly left after telling my mom where I was going, and I went home to my dogs for a few hours. Just that little break did me a world of good. She never seemed to mind either, but then she and her gran were very close.

I guess my point is that when a child is hospitalized, if there is more than one parent available to keep vigil, it's only fair that everybody get a break. We are only human, after all.

My ex never did stay all night, though. That was left to me and my mother.
    Punkin and prhoshay like this.

Hope daughter did well after her hospitalization. I doubt that ex-fiance was trying to be malicious; probably doing as well as he could or had been taught.....you know that some men are taught that certain things are only for "women". Sounds like he was to be pitied.

My youngest son was 5 weeks old when he was diagnosed with menigitis. I did not leave his crib for 10 days. I slept in a chair for 10 nights....alone. My ex couldn't handle sick kids or so he said. The hospital did allow me to shower & did bring me meals. Yes I did need to get away but the furthest I went was to the gift shop. I can't see flying acorss the country to see anyone. His kid was in ICU for crying out loud. You need a break go to Starbucks & get a latte.
    Yes Gretchen was the one saying she wanted kids but yesterday it was Slade who said while he was worried about his son he(Slade) needed to life his life & he brought up having kids. Gretchen said she didn't think it was the right time to even think about starting a family with his so so ill.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread