+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2577Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I agree with you Dragonlady, and I would like to add one more point to your list. I also don't think that all of this would be a problem if Vicki had not taught Brianna growing up that manipulation is a way to show love. In all the years Vicki has been on the show, we've seen MANY ways that she's manipulated Brianna and Michael. When they do what she wants, they're rewarded with something like a car. When they do things she doesn't like, they're threatened with having material luxuries taken away. As wrong as I think it is for Brianna to move in and then try to dictate to Vicki how she lives her life, I also see that Brianna is dealing with Vicki exactly like Vicki deals with her. Brianna can't hold material goods over Vicki's head. But she can hold time spent with her and Troy over Vicki's head, and she is. Since Michael is living somewhere without letting Vicki know where exactly it is, I suspect he does the same sorts of things with her. Vicki is simly getting back the values she instilled in her kids.

FORT Fan

Vicki knows where Michael lives -- she's his employer. She has all of his pay, tax, medical, etc. information in his HR file. Totally scripted for effect.
    Trust Me!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Vicki knows where Michael lives -- she's his employer. She has all of his pay, tax, medical, etc. information in his HR file. Totally scripted for effect.
    Not necessarily. He could be using his "permanent address" (i e his mother's address) on all his stuff. I did it for years.
    Punkin and bee stung lips like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I agree with you Dragonlady, and I would like to add one more point to your list. I also don't think that all of this would be a problem if Vicki had not taught Brianna growing up that manipulation is a way to show love. In all the years Vicki has been on the show, we've seen MANY ways that she's manipulated Brianna and Michael. When they do what she wants, they're rewarded with something like a car. When they do things she doesn't like, they're threatened with having material luxuries taken away. As wrong as I think it is for Brianna to move in and then try to dictate to Vicki how she lives her life, I also see that Brianna is dealing with Vicki exactly like Vicki deals with her. Brianna can't hold material goods over Vicki's head. But she can hold time spent with her and Troy over Vicki's head, and she is. Since Michael is living somewhere without letting Vicki know where exactly it is, I suspect he does the same sorts of things with her. Vicki is simly getting back the values she instilled in her kids.
    Very good point! That's exactly how their relationship works.

Haven't watched this episode yet but if I were Vicki's son, I wouldn't tell her either where I lived. I can still remember her showing up at his apartment (dorm?) where he was watching a game on tv with his friends and then Vicki shows up. It was pathetic to watch. On one hand, she acted a little too sexual towards the boys and she looked ridiculous trying to act like she was their age (drinking the beer).
    Michael probably still has nightmares about it.
    Punkin and jucamer like this.

Icky is manipulating and controlling to the degree that she would of course have her son followed to see where he lives and who he hangs out with. She has plenty of money, and it's easy to hire a tail; she knows everything about her scummy little son she cares to know.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

OMG!!! I can't believe what I'm watching right now. Heather Dubrow is on her stupid housewives show berating and being angry at her wonderful, funny and kind husband like some egocentric egotistical diva star!! I'm about to be sick. I cannot believe how this woman has changed from last season. She apparently was offered a part in the sitcom Hot in Cincinnati with Betty White and Valerie Bertinelli, and the family is at dinner "celebrating". Her hubby made a couple of light jokes and she's giving him hell for it! He's trying to apologize to her repeatedly and she's sitting there glaring at him or ignoring him. What a c$%t this woman is!! ugh! everytime I see her face she gets uglier and uglier to me. Those dark brown crazy looking eyes in that nasty pale face of hers .... ugh! does she not realize she's in California, and he can do a lot better than her if he wants to? Jeez, they really created a monster when they gave this woman a place on this show.

What really bothers me is that these kinds of women are often rewarded for this awful behavior by getting other roles...I hope she never gets another role in her life after the way she just treated him! I'm not a violent person, and I wanted to come thru the screen and slap her silly.

Vicky and Brooks at dinner....ewww. So awkward and uncomfortable. Why does she have to cry so much? It seemed fake to me.
    Lydia has a wack job for a mom. But she hasn't been mean to anybody yet, she seems like a happy sort, if weird.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Lydia's mother is a trip. This show needs more pot smoking grannies to lighten it up. Maybe that's what Vicki needs!

At this point, I'm more annoyed with Brianna on the Vicki homefront. She moved out and lived by herself before, so she should have know what she was doing moving back in on what seems to be a long term basis, not just during her pregnancy/first few months of motherhood. And I kind of think that by Brianna, and to a lesser extent Tamra, being so vocally anti Brooks, makes him a "forbidden fruit" and all that more of an attraction.

I'm so bored with the Heather/Terry fights and her whole "I'm raising 4 kids all the time". She had a nanny or someone older than her kids with her at the pumpkin patch, so she's got help. And good lord, with a house THAT size (even if they had to sell it), there's got to be some money in the budget for babysitters.

This franchise is so fractured, it is time to put it to bed. There's no way to get more than 3 of the 6 in a room and not devolve into a screeching match. Given that it's reality on Bravo, there's going to be some conflict, but the constant, eardrum busting screaming when they get 4 or more together is tiresome.

Of course I'll still watch. Maybe Lydia's mom needs to have a group brownie party.
    Punkin and sparklete like this.

Heather has got to be the biggest PITA in the world! She's got one of the sweetest guys who happens to make a ton of money!!
    What the heck does she want?
    By the way, I saw the Hot in Cleveland episode. Heather played the same character on there that she does on this show. A total b****!
    I've never been overly enamored of Alexis, but she had way more class and composure than Heather, Tamra and Gretchen!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Heather has become a real pain in the behind! I saw her on the Hot in Cincinnati show and she was very good. But she's a lousy wife. At least, from what we see. But you've got to figure that someone who wants that kind of job thrives on drama and a big ego so I'm not surprised at her behavior.

Yes, it's very disappointing that these shows have become nothing more than "Fight Club"....a bunch of mean angry screeching women who have to fight all the time.
    And it's becoming boring and repetitive. The worst was Atlanta and I can't even bring myself to think about these trolls on that particular show.
    Punkin and Imperfect1 like this.

FORT Fogey

I actually felt a slight bit of sympathy for Heather. Maybe it's because I have a friend whose husband is similar to Terry - always needing someone to be the butt of his jokes, and often appointing his wife. We saw one night and two jokes. But if Terry does that all the time (and we've seen it on other episodes, so I guess he does) over time, it becomes exhausting.

+ Reply to Thread