+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2356Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I wonder how much the security comes from concerns about them being in the public eye because if Vicki. If course if that is a factor, then not living in Vicki's house during filming would also help.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I also wonder how much of Ryan's need for security is some kind of PTSD manifestation from being deployed. I know a guy about his age who was in Afghanistan twice with the Guard and he's totally about personal security (concealed carry at all times legal) when no one in their right mind would mess with his wall of muscle. It's got to be something other than spying on Vicki because she is a snoozefest.
    beerbelly likes this.

"It's got to be something other than spying on Vicki because she is a snoozefest." LOL! Really, the less I see of her the better!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is NO way I'd be living with a guy who has been to war and with his level of paranoia.....too many hidden "psychological landmines" that can detonate. Thanks, but no thanks.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I, too, was shocked at Tamra using the "beaner" term. I was surprised that he let that slide. That was a low-class dodge, Tamra.

Did I hear Victory tell Alexis that she didn't think she was being bullied? Somebody tell me if I mis-heard.
    In my neck of the woods "beaner" means someone who passed gas. I took it as they were eating at a Mexican restaurant and Eddie would be farting in bed all night. I never imagined it as an ethnic slur. Oh my!

I don't understand why Vicky made such an issue with Gretchen's remark after Vicky said "I have a baby now". Geeze if they hadn't seen each other in a year, Vicky could have had a child with Brooks in that timeframe. Just sayin!

Sorry but these "ladies" are whack-a-doodle!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I thought she was kidding when she said she had a genius IQ; but I think she's probably smarter than all of the other women put together or at least doesn't act/react out of her emotions.

I agree with Brianna's and Ryan's assessment of Brooks, BUT if Vicki wants to be with him it's her call. She's an adult. She doesn't have to take orders from Ryan and Brianna in her own house. I think it's reasonable of them to request she not bring him around when they are there or Vicky is left with the baby, BUT I think they are overstepping their bounds to order her not to see him even if they aren't there and put up cameras to monitor Vicki's behavior. It looks like next week she finally catches on that he's a slimeball.
    LOL - yeah - she's back with him now - from Reality Tea:

Say it ain't so Vicki Gunvalson! Apparently it is.

Yes, Vicki and Brooks Ayers are an item again. Oh my. "We are together," Vicki tells Us Weekly. Vicki insists he is a "really great guy" who treats her "like a princess."

I guess she doesn't mind slimeballs & she doesn't catch on so quick - dumbell!
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Has anyone else noticed the only thing that Vicki ever says about Brooks is that he's a "really great guy"? My experience has been that when a woman is with a really great guy, she says a variety of things. When talking about my husband, I'll tell people at different times that he's a great father, he's very funny, we share a love of movies, and that I enjoy hanging out at the beach with him. I say different things depending on the occasion. The fact that Vicki only says he's a really great guy and never seems to elaborate or change her words leaves meto believe that she's trying to convince herself of that, and hasn't quite found any qualities that really make him a great guy.

Sounds like I missed an exciting episode. I didn't catch it on Monday, I thought there was no episode. Does anybody know when they are likely to repeat it, before next Monday?

I have to agree with those who don't think it's right for Brianna and her hubby to tell Vicky she can't see Brooks. He doesn't have the right to tell her that...hell, she's a grown woman, AND his mother in law! I get the feeling Vicky is always on edge, worried that she will "lose" Brianna if she does anything Brianna doesn't like. I like Brianna, but I do get that vibe.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm sorry but the weird one here is Ryan. Security cameras everywhere in Vicki's house? And telling Vicki who she can and cannot bring to her own house? Hell naw...that sh*t would never fly in my family. You could be paying rent until the cows come home but you wouldn't be dictating to me what I get to do under my own roof. As a matter of fact, you don't like, well there's the door. C-ya!

I just find it ironic that for all Ryan's badmouthing of Brooks, he himself comes across as an overbearing, paranoid person with control issues. It would be a foggy Friday before my mother would ever let any man come into her home, my husband or not, and let him tell her what she could and couldn't do...lol, just the thought of it is hilarious.
    candor and sparklete like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The whole set-up of the living arrangement with them all in Vicki's house is just wrong.
    Brianna can request that Brooks not be around when Troy is there is understandable....I think it's way overboard but she has the right to ask for that.
    But they shouldn't be able to dictate who can come to the house and who can't....whether they like them or not.
    I think it's a wonderful arrangement, esp w/the husband being deployed for all of them but it needs a change in rules.

I want to add though that none of this would be an issue if Vicki would listen to ALL her friends and family!! I just can't understand how she doesn't give any importance to those close to her and their opinion of the slime ball. It would definitely work for me. Better to have an empty love tank than this situation.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread