+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2511Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I was talking about Lydia being only 30-31, not Gretchen. Your statement has me confused! Lydia, right now, tends to remind me of Porsha on Atlanta, but not quite. Their ages are the same, but their life stations are different.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I'm turned off by Heather showing off. I used to like Heather on her first season, but she is fast becoming an insufferable shrew. The whole thing about the magazine cover was telling. "Oh we won't do the magazine unless we are on the cover too!". I loved Lydia's response, "oh then you won't be getting the cover; so sorry; who are you anyway?". Lydia's annoying but brownie points for her and her husband for refusing to give into Heather's icy glare.

I used to like Gretchen too; but now she's become Tamra's bff and they share a brain. Alexis is no threat; why get that worked up about her? Yes, she's an awful person, but is it really that hard to ignore her? Why give her all that power over you to ruin your day, moment, or party? These women are very emotionally immature.
    Heather is absolutely insufferable. And I'm way tired of her "my husband is so stupid" act. If the tables were turned she'd have a fit if he were treating her that way. Whether or not she finds him annoying is beside the point. At the end of the day, he's the father of your children, learn to she a little more respect.

I wonder if she finds his bank account as annoying as she finds him. :eyeroll
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

You're so right...Heather is becoming more than I can take as well. Her eyes DO look crazy from time to time now, and to think she came aboard as the sort of "sane" one. She's already changing. It's horrible when these women start to treat these men this way in front of the camera. Why on earth do they feel it is ok to behave that way towards their husbands? I don't mind if they have a joking sort of relationship where they nip at each other now and then, that would seem realistic. This just seems so staged and so for the camera's benefit. I wonder how the husbands feel about that. Terry seems to be very good natured and easygoing, but deep down inside he must feel something negative about the way she's willing to treat him on camera. Some will argue that it's probably part of the relationship and they've always treated one another this way; that doesn't justify it to me. The cameras come in and they change how people behave and who they are. Knowing this, you would think people signed up for the shows would want to exhibit their BEST behavior instead of becoming the worst they can be. Go figure!

When all of these fights seem so staged and so easily avoidable, it makes the viewer just shake his/her head and say "unbelievable!" And the point is, it's supposed to be reality! What a crazy world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    ... Why on earth do they feel it is ok to behave that way towards their husbands? I don't mind if they have a joking sort of relationship where they nip at each other now and then, that would seem realistic. This just seems so staged and so for the camera's benefit. I wonder how the husbands feel about that. Terry seems to be very good natured and easygoing, but deep down inside he must feel something negative about the way she's willing to treat him on camera. ....
    Reminds me of Adrienne & Paul Maloof. What happened to them was what...? He had an outside relationship?... and ended up leaving her? Most men on these shows, excepting of course the worm Icky is messed up with, seem like decent guys, love their women. I cannot imagine trashing one's spouse over and over on camera. Humiliating.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I'm in total agreement about the posts here about treating their husbands so poorly.
    Maybe they're just too young to understand that the better you treat your spouse, the better they treat you.
    nope, I take that back.....it's just common decency and who deserves that more than a loving spouse?? Youth is no excuse for being snide and snippy.
    Heather's Ego has grown immensely since being on the show.
    And I laugh as she proclaims to have given up her career so she can be a better wife and mother.....it's probably the fact that she's getting older, maybe not that talented and in demand in her chosen career. Otherwise, I don't see her giving up all that attention.
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.

You're so right about Heather's ego. I knew I had seen her somewhere before when I first saw her on the show, but it isn't like she was ever a big star. Yet now apparently she's happened upon the role of a lifetime by playing herself. Interesting that even a trained actress is so changed by the camera in her life. Sad. Maybe unfair of me, but I'm already starting to dislike her immensely based on her actions from one season to the next. She's already a "mean girl" and we will see much more nonsense from her, I'm sure.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Too bad about Heather turning out to be a wretch. Seems that beautiful young women, who are privileged, loved, wealthy, pampered, live extravagantly, and in near total control of their environments start believing they're faultless, thinking they are perfectly correct and superior in every way. Looks like Heather really does have it all and she makes no secret that her opinion is all that counts- inside and outside her family. She has all the answers. The World According To Heather.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I agree with everyone here about how the egos grow the longer these women are on these shows. But it must be hard to stay level headed when you have all these paparazzi's cameras on them every single time they go out. Then there are all the websites devoted to talking about their trips to the market, their clothes, their hair, etc etc. After awhile they probably buy into the fact that they are Very Important.

What's scary to me is the way they seem to not consider their kids. I know Heather was an actress, but that's far different from having a reality tv show and having the camera filming your life, your family's life. On set is different from your home and environment being the set. You can leave the set behind and drop the persona you're playing and go home for family time. You can't leave yourself behind. When you buy into the idea of your own importance, it must change the way you interact with everyone, including family. So what about the kids of all these reality "stars"? How healthy can it be for them to grow up this way? Even if you limit their actual on camera time, it seems it would change the whole family dynamic to have a reality show coming in to film your life.

I worry about the children of these crazy women.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whomever said it was right.......Victory is a ish-stirrer! There was nothing else she was interested in when she brought nutjob Alexis to the gym dinner.

I was impressed with the big-eyed new girl when she didn't just get on the side of stupidity, due to peer pressure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread