+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1913Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Tamara blowing upand throwing Alexis came so out of left field that the entire thing felt VERY set up to me. I think it was defintiely one of those scenes where the producers told them they all had to be together and have a big fight, and they obliged. And I decided last night that I REALLY don't like Lydia. I hope she remains boring and is not brought back past this season. Between her voice and her looks, she seems like a 12 year old girl playing dress up and make believe playing in the world of the Housewives.
    Punkin, Dragonlady and Coco46 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that Lydia has the prettiest eyes, but she kind of looks like those dogs/cats on the greeting (birthday?) cards. She also could stand to do something with her hair so that she doesn't look like she's just out of or still in of college.

I kind of felt for her being at a tension dinner and being made uncomfortable. These ladies brought up "in house" business that didn't really need to be dropped in the lap of the visitor....who shouldn't have been there, in the first place.

I thought it was interesting that the "shrink" on WWHL got the professional victim vibe off Alexis, and couldn't help but wonder if she'd been that way all of her life; the shrink had no axe to grind in this matter. I didn't think Alexis was being bullied as much as she was a participant in her own pity party.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think Alexis has been surrounded by people who affirm her and tell her what she wants to hear her entire life. It probably started with her parents, and has continued from there. She's been so protected from constructive criticism that she doesn't even know what it is. This whole thing started in Costa Rica when Gretchen was truly trying to give her some positive constructive criticism. Because she doesn't know what that is, and it was probably one of the first times she'd ever heard something she didn't want to hear, she assumed it was bullying and went from there. That, and I think that part of her figures that if the women are ganging up on her, at least they're focused on her.
    Punkin, prhoshay, mina and 3 others like this.

I want to smack them all upside the head. What a bunch of children, drink squawk repeat -UGH!
    straycat80 and sparklete like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am flabbergasted about last night. I do get that Tamara was put on the spot by Vicky to invite Alexis & then Lydia but when Alexis baited her, take a deep breath count to 10 and change the conversation. That is what grown ups do.
    Punkin and AmyKay like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Alexis is not being bullied. The woman is being told some truth and she is not capable of handling it. Too bad Tamra who is not wrapped tight herself can't see her own flaws. Omg I can't stand to look at Vicki's face. Her face looks like one huge Jowl with eyes attached, yuck.
    Punkin, AmyKay and mayamaisha like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I don't think Alexis is being bullied, but I do think the other women give her far too much attention than should be given. She makes them insane and she knows that; why wouldn't she come to Tamra's gym that isn't a gym yet party? They all gave her (Alexis) exactly what she wanted: attention and fuel. They were all obnoxious. Tamra was given two chances to say no to Alexis coming: when vicki asked her and when Vicki texted about Lydia coming. Tamra could have texted back, Well I know I said yes, but I don't think it's a good idea and I'd rather she not come, etc... blah blah blah. Gretchen's comment to Vicki about the baby was truly stupid and petty. Heather is starting to get crazy eyes and I think she talks too much /thinks too much about Alexis. Why didn't the 3 outcasts just drop by, drop off a gift , and then leave? They were probably all told they had to be there at an event together so acting so surprised about it, "Oh gosh, why would Alexis come? Mercy, whatever shall we do?" was so fake. And Alexis is at fault for just being Alexis; she does play the victim, but the others give her a foothold. Slade looks just like his mom and that's all I can think when I see him now.
    Last edited by mina; 04-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Alexis is pathetic and delusional, but Tamra still comes off worse in these conflicts. She waits until her posse is there and then she turns into a mean girl ringleader. One-on-one she's a simpering coward.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Can't stand Gretchen. She's the biggest coward and only has a voice when Tamara is standing with her. And pray tell what the hell is going on with Gretchen's face? She looks more and more like a transvestite every season. She is by far the most annoying person on this show and that's saying a lot, considering Tamara's behaviour.
    Duckyface and Dragonlady like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I thought it was strange when Vicki said to Alexis (about the party) "Just wear a cute and sexy dress." Why would it be necessary to wear a sexy dress when having a very nice dinner with the girls?? But that's what this is about....shallow selfish women.
    Tamra was acting just like Tamra. You can take the girl out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl. Never applied more aptly than with Tamra.
    Lydia looks like a 12 year old girl and usually acts like one.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread