+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1904Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I think Brooks is sort of slimy too, but I don't like the way Brianna tells her mom what she can and can't do. It's almost like there's an unspoken threat in there that if she dares to bring a man, any man she wants to date, into her own home, she can say goodbye to her daughter and her grandson. I feel Brianna is trying to control her. I heard her tell Vicky that SHE (meaning Brianna) was not ready for that sort of thing. It's a big house, no? She can't stay up in her own area while Vicky has company? WTF is that about? I know they probably have huge issues brewing between them under the surface, and I see this demand that Vicky not date as a part of all that. I don't think there's anything wrong with Brianna wanting to protect her mom if she feels Brooks is harmful to Vicky, but I don't think that's all there is to it. I like Brianna better than I do Vicky, of course, but I still don't think this situation is quite right.
    I kind of see it on the other side - and I'm sure it's because I love Brianna and Vicki drives me nuts. But Brianna is the daughter. And so far, she's had to go through 2 of her mom's divorces. She got emotionally attached to Donn. I have no idea what the backstory is with her biological father, so I don't know what the story is there. But Vicki strikes me as a woman who wants to appear she's got it all together - but she lacks self-esteem, and she is one of those people who feels like she needs a man. I think her daughter doesn't want to deal with it again. Maybe things will be different if she and the guy are serious and he is a nice guy. Brooks isn't and we all know that. And that Vicki would get so serious with someone that has such issues speaks volumes to me. I think Brianna has unresolved issues with her mom's past - and I think there are things we don't know. She is now a new mom and she is trying to protect her son. I actually think if they are both living there and Brianna is paying rent, then they are more like roommates and Brianna has every right to speak up.
    beerbelly likes this.

Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention this. Gretchen is either not very smart or just is not familiar with some pretty common words and phrases. I had to laugh when she was making fun of Heather and her clambake. She said something to the effect that "you don't cook a pig (or ham?) and call it a pig/ham something or other". I can't remember the exact words, but the gist of it is that she was poking fun of Heather as if she'd made up the word clambake. I guess she's never heard of one. Amazing!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention this. Gretchen is either not very smart or just is not familiar with some pretty common words and phrases. I had to laugh when she was making fun of Heather and her clambake. She said something to the effect that "you don't cook a pig (or ham?) and call it a pig/ham something or other". I can't remember the exact words, but the gist of it is that she was poking fun of Heather as if she'd made up the word clambake. I guess she's never heard of one. Amazing!
    See Prism's post on the topic. Hysterical.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

PS Getting back, for a moment, to Vicki's plastic surgery and how she looked on the first few episodes --- She mentioned on WWHL that they started filming this season just a week after her surgery, so she was still very swollen, and her stitches weren't fully healed yet. So that's why her face looked so puffy, and her nose hadn't had time to 'drop' yet. On the WWHL episode, it was quite a few months later, and her face wasn't at all puffy and her nose looked much better. She's still not a classically 'pretty' woman, but she looked much better than she did while filming. I AM surprised though, that while she was having the face lift, that she didn't, at the same time, have a skin abrasion or have something similar done for her skin. If it were me, as long as I was unconscious, I'd want them to get as much done as possible (of course, as long as it was safe --- and it's pretty common to have the facial skin done at that time).

But having said all that, I cringe when posters make fun of a person's natural look. It's one thing to comment on how a person looks after plastic surgery(s), like poor Elsa on RH of Miami, but we can't help how we are born, and to me it's just cruel and WRONG to make fun of someone's natural look. My gosh, if WE were all forced to appear on tv/movies and subject ourselves to the public's scrutiny --- I think most of us are far from perfect looking and would be very hurt by the viewers tearing us apart. Yes, these people have 'signed up for it' by going on these shows, but they can't help how they look. They can dress well, groom themselves well, go on diets, etc. --- but as for the rest, they look the way they look, and I hate when we make fun of them for that. For their personalities and actions YES! For their looks, NO, that's hitting below the belt.
    Punkin, candor, Oompaloopa and 1 others like this.

This is just starting where I am- how many weeks has it been on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't know that noses had to "drop". Interesting. You know, I think if the people who are brought under scrutiny for their physical looks had good personalities, a lot might be overlooked. People tend to get better looking when you like their personalities.

Unfortunately, some people get huge passes for their "good looks", but they usually are not responsible for those, either. I know very few good looking, gorgeous people with good personalities.....but there was this one guy I knew........DAMN!!!! And his personality was every bit as good as his amazing looks!! It was like he was totally unaware of his looks and 50X as nice; even the guys had to admit it!

Not many around like that!
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Right. I think if Vicky were more likable people might not remark on her looks so much or even notice so much. I'm not saying she's got the worst personality of any RH around or anything, but she's a little strange and seems to be a polarizing kind of a person.

On the other hand, I never liked it when Slade slammed her and said she looked like Miss Piggy. That's just mean, and he isn't exactly a prize himself.
    Punkin likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

So Heather is now a radio personality too? Anyone from southern California know how popular her AM station is? And what is up with all the psychics on these shows?

Man, Lydia is all teeth, eyes and hair but I kind of enjoyed her utterly shocked look at Tamra's dinner party. Why didn't she watch the show to know what she was getting into? If it weren't for the Lisa Rinna rumors for BH, I'd think ole Andy goes out of his way to find people who don't watch.

All said, it wasn't that great of an episode. The show could be recut and repackaged as a tutorial on how to throw really awkward dinner parties, though.

Heather is not a regular radio personality. In fact, I heard a radio talk show host tonight talk about the connection to her/RHOC and her hosting.
    She took over the duties of two hosts on KFI in LA so far, due to the regular hosts' having been sick.
    I think that's all she's done recently.
    I actually heard her do one of the shows and she was great. Much better than I would have thought.
    (I always have the radio on when I'm at the computer)

I felt dirty after watching that dinner party scene. Everyone except Lydia were so mean and childish. I am no Alexis fan but to me it seemed like Tamra, Gretchen and Heather were ganging up on her. If Tamra did not want Alexis there then why did she allow Vicki to bring her?
    I watched WWHL with Andy later and he took a poll of who was the meanest OC housewife and it was a landslide that Tamra won.

+ Reply to Thread