+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 356 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2372Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

You know what ... I just would like BRAVO start all over with RHofOC and have a whole new cast of housewives. I am so over all this drama that these ladies bring to the show. Vicki, blah. Tamara, blah. Alexis, blah. Gretchen, blah.
    Who even cares about all this leash throwing nonsense?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4066708;
    Dragon,

I'm in the same boat as you are and just started watching S1 now.
    I do realize that Jo and Slade were at different points in their lives when they were dating. Slade does seem controlling from what I've seen so far of S1, but Jo seems incredibly entitled and immature. Not a perfect match, for sure.
    In yesterday's finale episode, they mentioned that Slade dated Lauri for about 6 weeks after he / Jo broke up. Then, he /Jo got back together. I don't really follow these people much off this board, so I don't know about Slade's failure to acknowledge Lauri. In his defense, though, I can't really blame him. Dating someone for 6 weeks is not exactly a relationship, IMO.
    Slade does seem overly impressed with money and status, especially as we see him later on with Gretchen. However, since most of the people on these Housewives shows seem pretty obsessed with status, anyway, I can't fault him more than any of the others.
    I'm not going to comment on his parenting skills, because I don't know about anything in the tabloids, just what I've seen on the show.
    And I just don't see Slade as super slimey like many describe him.
    On the other hand, I'm thrilled that Jo's no longer on the show, as she annoyed the heck out of me with her total "Princess" attitude. I have no tolerance for women like that, especially when they're just being 'kept" by men, as she put it.
    I saw that also - Slade dating Lori. Didn't seem like much of a relationship but she did mention that Jo had a problem when she saw them. Of course, she would! You're completely on the mark about Princess Jo....also I don't get how everyone keeps calling her so beautiful. I don't see that at all.
    And I don't think a person has to reveal every single person they have dated. Altho I think if asked, they shouldn't lie because it'll come back to haunt them. Always does. I consider prior relationships to be private and have never understood why a person has to tell all.

I didn't know about Slade's support or non support of his son. That would upset me too if true.

I loved the first season's Reunion show of RHOC today. Every time one of the wives would declare something, (like my kids never drink or my daughter's not spoiled) Bravo showed a clip of the exact opposite. These women are really in denial or totally clueless.

Jeana seems to enjoy being treated poorly by all her family because she does nothing to change it.

Lori thinks she has the right to date whoever she wants even if her children "hate" him (Steve). In my experience, kids are far more perceptive of people's real idenity and if mine hated a man, I'd sure would be suspicious of him.

Vickie is the most insecure person I have seen in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4065884;
    I'm a little confused. They were arguing over the dog, he threw the leash and hit Tamara in the wrist. Did the leash belong to the dog or Tamara?
    This is the best reply I've seen in a long time! And I believe the leash was Tamara's.

"Tamra arrived at the Orange County Superior Court Thursday wearing a black pantsuit and in good spirits alongside her two attorneys and a Bravo TV crew."
    Personally, I don't think Simon should be considered a controlling person. If my wife dressed like her, talked like a truck driver, acted like an idiot to get attention, and yelled at my kids I would also try to reign her in. Tamra disgraced Simon and her kids for her own gain. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Tamra's accusation against Simon has OPPORTUNITY written all over it, especially after seeing that BRAVO'S film crew went along for the ride. Who alerted them?

The Real Housewives of... Gossip: Tamra Files Restraining Order Against Simon
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4068170;
    Personally, I don't think Simon should be considered a controlling person. If my wife dressed like her, talked like a truck driver, acted like an idiot to get attention, and yelled at my kids I would also try to reign her in. Tamra disgraced Simon and her kids for her own gain. This whole thing is ridiculous.

Tamra's accusation against Simon has OPPORTUNITY written all over it, especially after seeing that BRAVO'S film crew went along for the ride. Who alerted them?

The Real Housewives of... Gossip: Tamra Files Restraining Order Against Simon
    Yep, Tamra's just doing this for more "face time" in her unending quest for celebrity. The whole thing is laughable: Simon threw the dog leash and it hit her on the wrist. It's obvious he wasn't trying to hit her. If Simon was being violent towards her, I'm sure he could have aimed that leash at something more vulnerable than her wrist.
    Sheesh!!

FORT Fan

^^ Agreed. Also, he released a statement saying she was seeking full custody of the kids and that he was against it. She apparently wants them on the show, and he's trying to prevent it. Other than last season, we rarely saw their kids on TV... which I always thought was odd, but a VERY good thing. I hope they are able to work their issues without a camera crew around. Although, given that she's such an opportunist... all that matters to her is camera time.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4068208;
    Yep, Tamra's just doing this for more "face time" in her unending quest for celebrity. The whole thing is laughable: Simon threw the dog leash and it hit her on the wrist. It's obvious he wasn't trying to hit her. If Simon was being violent towards her, I'm sure he could have aimed that leash at something more vulnerable than her wrist.
    Sheesh!!
    I don't care how she dresses, what she eats, how she talks, he should never ever be physical with her. Anyone who condones this behavior is just as guilty as he is. I cannot believe that this is year 2010 and people are still putting the blame on women when a man is physical with a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoo;4068831;
    I don't care how she dresses, what she eats, how she talks, he should never ever be physical with her. Anyone who condones this behavior is just as guilty as he is. I cannot believe that this is year 2010 and people are still putting the blame on women when a man is physical with a woman.
    You are absolutely right. How she behaves never gives another person the right to get physical with them. I would never excuse that. Never.

I just meant that I don't think that was his intention. I think it was an accident that the leash hit her wrist. Had he wanted to hurt her, I think he could have done so. I think he threw the leash in anger and frustration and it ricocheted somehow and hit her.

The DA did not file charges against Simon. Our legal systems must get really tired of such frivolous filings, it's a waste of their time.

It will be interesting to see what else this woman has in mind to garner more attention. I feel sorry for her sorry self.

O.C. District Attorney drops ‘Housewife’ case - Pedro and the Watcher : The Orange County Register

+ Reply to Thread