+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2099Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Heather is acting towards her husband like Adrienne acted towards her husband on RH of Bev. hills. And look where they are, divorced. Heather better watch it or she's going to lose her husband too.
    Not sure how I feel about Lydia yet. She's kind of snobby. She reminds me of Cindy, who was on RH of New York, maybe because of the horse teeth.
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't think it's fair to put that kind of a "warning" on Heather. It takes two people to make a marriage work, or fail. Adrienne and Paul didn't split just because of the way that Adrienne treated Paul. And there are things Heather's husband does to provoke a response in her. To me, when it's said that Heather better watch it or she'll lose her husband, it sounds like it's all on her. Sure - ther eare times when she could afford to be less controlling towards him. AT the same time, there are many times he could afford to not try to provoke or antagonize her like he can. It's a matter of respect on both parties. Heather doens't need to just grin and bare it because feeling picked on is better than being divorced.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I truly believe that you can't be too nice to your mates; they get bored. They need to be challenged, but there are boundaries.
    Jexter likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think it's fair to put that kind of a "warning" on Heather. It takes two people to make a marriage work, or fail. Adrienne and Paul didn't split just because of the way that Adrienne treated Paul. And there are things Heather's husband does to provoke a response in her. To me, when it's said that Heather better watch it or she'll lose her husband, it sounds like it's all on her. Sure - ther eare times when she could afford to be less controlling towards him. AT the same time, there are many times he could afford to not try to provoke or antagonize her like he can. It's a matter of respect on both parties. Heather doens't need to just grin and bare it because feeling picked on is better than being divorced.
    Excellently written!
    Heather is controlling but Terry acts like a little boy and needs someone in control. He teases her constantly, like a little boy/brother. He admits he won't change diapers. So I think they both get what they want from each other and are probably perfectly suited. But unlike Adrienne and Paul, I see love and affection towards each other. We all get exasperated with our partner and their quirks.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    I agree. And as much as I like Brianna I don't think she has the right to tell Vicki that she can't have Brookes at her own house. I know the guy is a douche but thats Vicki's business who she sees and she owns the house. If Brianna doesn't like it then she shouldn't be living there.
    I admit I only caught a few snippets of the show, so maybe something happened afterwards. But I got the impression that it is Vicki who doesn't want Brianna to go. They were having a discussion, Brianna stated her opinion and said if her mom wasn't comfortable with that, then Brianna and the baby would leave. Sort of like two roomates - yes it is your apartment but if the other person is also paying rent then it is their apartment too. If they have a legitimate reason why they don't want someone in their space (and yes, it is their space too) then you need to come to an understanding or you don't live together. What I don't get is the comment that she shouldn't be living there - because I heard her say that she had no problem leaving . . . and that it appeared to be VICKI who didn't want her to go. If you don't want her to go - then find an arrangement that works for both of you.
    Punkin, AmyKay, Imperfect1 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    She's Jesus Skipper. With a creaky voice.
    Who the hale made creaky voice so popular? Like the Gallery Girls (on Bravo awhile back?). Sounds like simpering simpletons.

Remember awhile back Gretchen was trying to say something was a "dog and pony show"? I just watched that epi and thought I heard her say "song and pony dance". She's the queen of malaprops on Bravo, and that's going some. When I was doing trade shows back in the day, everyone complained about doing the same gig over and over, the "dog and pony show" so I really laughed at Gretchen's imperfect memory trying to repeat that line.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Who the hale made creaky voice so popular? Like the Gallery Girls (on Bravo awhile back?). Sounds like simpering simpletons.
    Ya know, I don't know exactly where it started, but I'm going to pin it on Paris Hilton until otherwise advised. I watch Suburgatory and the character Dalia has the over done creaky voice for comedic effect. And OMG, when Paris was on BH she sounded just like Dalia, the fictional character. I did a double take, it was so similar. So I'm blaming Paris.

I have to say I'm kind of looking forward to next week's crazy dinner party at Tamra's gym, especially when Tamra drags Alexis out by the chair. It looks too crazy.

I hate, hate, hate Creaky Voice.
    Punkin likes this.

I think Brooks is sort of slimy too, but I don't like the way Brianna tells her mom what she can and can't do. It's almost like there's an unspoken threat in there that if she dares to bring a man, any man she wants to date, into her own home, she can say goodbye to her daughter and her grandson. I feel Brianna is trying to control her. I heard her tell Vicky that SHE (meaning Brianna) was not ready for that sort of thing. It's a big house, no? She can't stay up in her own area while Vicky has company? WTF is that about? I know they probably have huge issues brewing between them under the surface, and I see this demand that Vicky not date as a part of all that. I don't think there's anything wrong with Brianna wanting to protect her mom if she feels Brooks is harmful to Vicky, but I don't think that's all there is to it. I like Brianna better than I do Vicky, of course, but I still don't think this situation is quite right.

As for the new girl, I don't have an opinion of her yet really. Her teeth are so huge and white though, aren't they? My goodness! Those are some of the biggest chompers I've yet to see! Not to mention that they're blindingly white.

This is so much BS. I don't believe for one minute that Vicky would invite Alexis to Tamra's party right after they made up. That's got to be something the producers suggested. Notice that Heather left her out of the clambake.
    sparklete likes this.

Can you imagine if Eddie and Lydia procreated!!!! Now there's an orthodontist's dream..........
    prhoshay and candor like this.

+ Reply to Thread