+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2522Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I didn't see the whole episode (DVR issues) but I couldn't get over that Vicky is making her daughter pay rent!!!
    Imperfect1 and Dragonlady like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm not liking this Lydia chick. She should take her horse teeth and gnaw at a carrot somewhere else. We already have one Jesus Barbie.
    Punkin likes this.

well, of course, Vicki is making her daughter pay rent...probably per person. Vicki's all about the money.
    I sure wouldn't, esp in Briana's situation w/her husband being deployed. geeeze

FORT Fogey

I actually don't have a problem with a parent charging a grown child rent, unless the rent is a higher amount than what would be paid on the open market. I would guess that Vicki is charging rent that is LESS than Brianna and her husband were paying when they were in an apartment. And honestly, if Vicki didn't charge rent, I would guess that some in the Housewives audience would criticize her for spoiling her children, insisting they rely on her even though they are grown adults who should be on their own, etc. At some point, childen have to become adults and be responsible for their own expenses. As bad as Vicki is as letting her kids fly from the nest, she seems to understand that, and I applaud it.
    norealityhere and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I actually don't have a problem with a parent charging a grown child rent, unless the rent is a higher amount than what would be paid on the open market. I would guess that Vicki is charging rent that is LESS than Brianna and her husband were paying when they were in an apartment. And honestly, if Vicki didn't charge rent, I would guess that some in the Housewives audience would criticize her for spoiling her children, insisting they rely on her even though they are grown adults who should be on their own, etc. At some point, childen have to become adults and be responsible for their own expenses. As bad as Vicki is as letting her kids fly from the nest, she seems to understand that, and I applaud it.
    I agree. And as much as I like Brianna I don't think she has the right to tell Vicki that she can't have Brookes at her own house. I know the guy is a douche but thats Vicki's business who she sees and she owns the house. If Brianna doesn't like it then she shouldn't be living there.

Well my grown son lives with me & while doesn't pay rent he does pay a house bill or 2 & does all of the yard work so I am good with that. An added bonus is that he does clean my house on his day off and he is a bigger neat freak that I am.
    I can see and understand both sides of the Brooks situation. While I do agree with Vicky that it is her house and she should be able to date whomever she chooses & be allowed to bring him home to her home. I also see Brianna's side and wouldn't want him around my baby. I had dated someone my son took an immediate dislike to. It was either my son or this new guy; kids are forever this guy was just someone I dated a few times.
    Wonder if Vicky still owns that home she bought while she was still married to Donn unless Donn got that in the divorce settlement.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I am really with you on this one. Letting her/them live there for free is where these entitlement issues come into play. We can't wipe their arses forever, for their own good.

Is Brianna's hubby deployed yet? I didn't think he was, but I may be wrong. A man needs to be allowed to be a MAN, and provide for his family. If you're grown enough to make a family, you need to be grown enough to support one.

PASB, what your son is doing in easily equivalent to paying rent and guys, sometimes do better when they are able to look out and SEE their contribution....that way there is no equivocation. We are frequently too easy on our sons.....it's a mother thing, but not always. They are good at trying to play us for fools....and we are good at letting them. Just make sure you STICK TO YOUR GUNS (and NOT the NRA ones! )! Mothers (and sometimes fathers) can be a son's/child's worst friends.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'm not liking this Lydia chick. She should take her horse teeth and gnaw at a carrot somewhere else. We already have one Jesus Barbie.
    She's Jesus Skipper. With a creaky voice.
    Punkin and straycat80 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why does she look familiar?
    Jexter likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe Brianna wants to pay rent so she doesn't feel like she has to do everything Vicky says. Sometimes it's better to pay something when you are living with family; so no one feels used or owed later on. Lydia is annoying and looks like a monkey beaver. But I still like her better than Alexis. I used to like Heather, but now I just think she's kind of obnoxious; if Alexis is out of your life don't bring her and her fake ring up when you meet someone new. She and her husband also have a weird dynamic. Their banter (on her side) just seems like a show.

+ Reply to Thread