+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Questions:

Did Gretchen say "a song and pony show"?
    Aren't infants' heads supposed to be supported at all times?
    Is conditioner illegal in Coto de Caza?
    Can Slade realize that he's not going to ever win Vicki's accusation about being a deadbeat dad with Miss Piggy references? (Okay, that's rhetorical; I may not be Vicki's No. 1 fan, but the fact does remain that Slade was in serious child support debt...Brooks issue complicating moral ground of arguing aside.)
    Are Heather and Terry the new version of Adrienne and Paul?
    Does Eddie own a working razor?
    Is Tamra a fan of that awful SNL sketch "The Californians" and want to sound that way?

Oh, how I ponder such things. I need to, because this show has gotten so rote.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was trying to figure out the "song and pony" line, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lord, these women are so stupid! why do i do this to myself?

Dog and pony show. As in ho hum. Like the RHDC Lynda Erkiletian's favorite line "this is a goat rodeo". I think the goat rodeo is funnier!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Questions:

Did Gretchen say "a song and pony show"?
    Aren't infants' heads supposed to be supported at all times?
    Is conditioner illegal in Coto de Caza?
    Can Slade realize that he's not going to ever win Vicki's accusation about being a deadbeat dad with Miss Piggy references? (Okay, that's rhetorical; I may not be Vicki's No. 1 fan, but the fact does remain that Slade was in serious child support debt...Brooks issue complicating moral ground of arguing aside.)
    Are Heather and Terry the new version of Adrienne and Paul?
    Does Eddie own a working razor?
    Is Tamra a fan of that awful SNL sketch "The Californians" and want to sound that way?

Oh, how I ponder such things. I need to, because this show has gotten so rote.

Hysterical!

I was just about to pound Gretchen because she always has had a knack for misquoting expressions, but then I read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Dog and pony show. As in ho hum. Like the RHDC Lynda Erkiletian's favorite line "this is a goat rodeo". I think the goat rodeo is funnier!
    And for the life of me, I don't know where "goat rodeo" goes wrong! Seriously. What should it be? Whatever it is, "goat rodeo" is pretty good.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't tuned in because the show is rote. I haven't watched because I find Tamra too uncomfortable to watch. She is the reason I bowed out for many seasons. For whatever reason I came back to it last season and liked the first half because Tamra seemed to turn a new leaf. By the end, she was back to her old self and I was ready for it to be over.

Tamra is too toxic for my tastes. The show is no longer entertaining with her on it.

I think the OC and BH and all of a sudden, Atlanta, are very similar. At one point, these women started with real world relationships and their stories and struggles revolved around the relationships. Now, it's just a bunch of strangers thrown together and told to fight.

The only shows with any sort of real relationships anymore are NJ and NY, and even the relationships in NYC are being stretched thin.

As a viewer, there is no story to invest in anymore.

Okay...wheew I thought I was the only one who was having trouble distinguishing between these shows anymore. I keep mixing up Alexis & Taylor.
    Atlanta...nah...I am sorry & I do appreciate and celebrate culture and heritage, if I am clueless as to what you are saying & I have to go Google it, it is pointless to watch. I wish Atlanta well but I am out. I think I saw 2 partial episodes & part of the reunion and just deleted what I saved on my dvr.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

What IS it about Tamra? The camera focuses on her and she's staring, just watching Vicky like a predatory animal, like she's waiting to pounce on her. It's really annoying. It's like there is a huge chip on her shoulder and she's waiting for someone (anyone?) to knock it off, or even dislodge it a bit, so she can be sure to be ready to attack. She's a very unpleasant woman.

I didn't like the way Sneed told her to not trust Vicky either, and how Vicky was all about lies and deceit. These people are all kind of screwed up for sure, but I found myself wondering why the HELL do these women (Tamra and Gretchen) care so much whether Brooks and Vicky are on a break or not??? Wtf is it to them? I'd say it's really none of their business, and yet they were talking about what a liar Vicky is because she told them the two are on a break. Vicky may or may not be telling the truth about that, but in any case it's totally her business what is going on between her and Brooks. what a strange thing for these other two women to focus on so sharply. How petty!

Heather is lucky to have such a nice husband. I wish she wouldn't act annoyed with him so often.

There was not a new episode last night. I wonder why, is it not a bit early in the season for repeats?

I laughed when Gretchen mentioned onion rings. Clueless Heather just assumed her husband put her up to it,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I did wonder if he had put her up to that, but it was right on time!! I've never even thought about onion rings with lobster; that struck me as bizarre when Terry mentioned it, but guys can have the most unusual tastes. I would try it.

I know a group of guys who like peanut butter and crackers with chili, but I've never even been able to come close to trying it. When they make chili, the jar of peanut butter is ALWAYS on the table. Different strokes, I guess.

I have an adventurous palate as long as I am not allergic to what is being offered.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

As far as vicki I am not sure what was worse her face or her hair. Egads she looked like heck!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread