+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1915Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Bravo is showing RHOC re-runs. They are currently on 2006 first season.

Icky hasn't changed a bit. At a reunion she is hanging all over the guys.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I caught a couple the other day. I really liked Tammy Knickerbocker. I couldn't stand the girl with Slade. The dark haired girl? She made me feel a lot of sympathy for Slade. I don't dislike Slade like some do, but I did think the girlfriend came across like a total user. And, she wasn't even pretty like Gretchen.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 03-09-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I caught a couple the other day. I really liked Tammy Knickerbocker. I couldn't stand the girl with Slade. The dark haired girl? She made me feel a lot of sympathy for Slade. I don't dislike Slade like some do, but I did think the girlfriend came across like a total user. And, she wasn't even pretty like Gretchen.
    All very true! That girl was a total user of Slade. She was no different than a paid prostitute, in my mind because I think she was in the relationship for what Slade could do for her...She never seemed to care that much about him...altho they probably deserved each other.
    Imperfect1 and norealityhere like this.

Everytime I see Slade I hear "I'm Just A Gigolo" in my head.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Everytime I see Slade I hear "I'm Just A Gigolo" in my head.

FORT Regular

I also was catching episodes from the old seasons and I was struck by the different format. The show focused on each individual housewife and her family. There was little in the way of forced interactions between the different housewives. Now there are so many fake producer directed scenes with scripted "parties" and "charity" events to get these women in the same room when otherwise they would never get together if left to their own devices. And then comes one fake fight and argument after another. I like the old format better.

I am with you Scootad. That is what first drew me into this series. Now it is just backstabbing, screaming & drink throwing which really makes me just stop watching. I think I watched 2 episodes of Atlanta & then just deleted the rest from my dvr.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am with you Scootad. That is what first drew me into this series. Now it is just backstabbing, screaming & drink throwing which really makes me just stop watching. I think I watched 2 episodes of Atlanta & then just deleted the rest from my dvr.
    I did the same thing....just couldn't take the trash on Atlanta anymore. And OC is not far behind!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Me too. I stopped watching Atlanta after the 3rd or 4th episode of the very first season, and never went back. And I watched OC for a few full seasons and then stopped. I did come back (reluctantly) at the beginning of last season, and watched most of it --- but it was not really enjoyable --- sort of like when you can't help but look at something you really don't want to watch, but you do it anyway. The Alexis and Vicki storylines were pretty unpleasant, and I have always 'hated' Tamra because she is so hateful. BUT on the other hand, I was so pleasantly surprised when Tamra and Gretchen (who I do enjoy) became BFFs, and at the same time Tamra seemed much less vicious when she was happy in her relationship with Eddie. So, I thought I probably will give OC a try again this new season --- only because I am invested in a few of the characters, and I enjoy at least limited parts of the shows. However, now it seems (according to Twitter and the rags) that Tamra has turned on Gretchen again, so I guess the BFF might be over --- and 'evil Tamra' back again. Hope not. Thank goodness for TIVO (and the other DVRs) cause, at least, I can pick and choose the scenes I watch.

I saw a marathon on tv today and watched for a minute or two. The reason i watched was because i saw what i believed to be Tamra in an earlier season, and I couldn't believe my eyes. She's had alot of work done, or something!

She looked almost entirely different to me. I guess this comes as no surprise to many of you, but i was so shocked by the difference in her appearance I had to comment, lol.

She's really become a nasty person. I wonder what she was like back then.

+ Reply to Thread