+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2577Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I love (V)icky. Loony but she has done sooo well in life - all on her own. Great kids, great career, etc. Not always on the money with her behavior, but she hasn't offended me enough to make me go against her. I've come close but the good outweighs the bad in my mind.....for Vicky anyway (in contrast to Tamra ... the bad outweights the good where she is concerned - and by a mile).
    My dislike for Icky was the way she treated Donn. She just blatantly picked on him every season. And put him down every chance she got ONLY to replace him with Brooks who as Briana said herself was an 'opportunist'. Yet Icky refused to listen to her. Now its reported that Icky has broken up with him.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    My dislike for Icky was the way she treated Donn. She just blatantly picked on him every season. And put him down every chance she got ONLY to replace him with Brooks who as Briana said herself was an 'opportunist'. Yet Icky refused to listen to her. Now its reported that Icky has broken up with him.
    I won't pretend to know details but during last season's reunion, it was revealled Don had been having an affair that lasted many years. For the life of me I don't understand why they stayed together, but for some reason, they did.

Still, that would be hard to get past - even if their relationship was one of convenience, e.g. to share bills, etc. My theory is that Vicki tried to be cordial, but under the circumstances, it wasn't always easy or possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I won't pretend to know details but during last season's reunion, it was revealled Don had been having an affair that lasted many years. For the life of me I don't understand why they stayed together, but for some reason, they did.

Still, that would be hard to get past - even if their relationship was one of convenience, e.g. to share bills, etc. My theory is that Vicky tried to be cordial, but under the circumstances, it wasn't always easy or possible.
    Allot of things have been 'alledged' over the years on RHOC and I have yet to see a link that Donn was indeed having an affair that lasted many years. (Remember they had a vow renewal not to long ago). Briana and Mike (Icky's kids) thought the world of Donn. I really doubt knowing Briana she would have continued to feel the way she did for Donn IF he had been having an affair on her mother that lasted many years.

BUT one thing is for sure WE ALL KNOW that Icky treated Donn horribly. No need for any links to that as you saw it week after week watching the show.
    Imperfect1 and norealityhere like this.
    KAREN

It doesn't make sense to me either....Briana seems like a kind of person who would not respect a man who would cheat on her mother but that's what they said at the reunion.
    If he did, and Vicki knew, her treatment of him would be more understandable....but why stay married if they both feel the way they did about each other??? For TV purposes, maybe?
    How can that be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me either....Briana seems like a kind of person who would not respect a man who would cheat on her mother but that's what they said at the reunion.
    If he did, and Vicki knew, her treatment of him would be more understandable....but why stay married if they both feel the way they did about each other??? For TV purposes, maybe?
    How can that be worth it?
    You don't unless you can not make a go of it alone which was clearly not the case with Vicky. I am not buying the Donn cheating story. Sorry but there would have been photos surfacing. I think Brianna went alonng with Vicky's story to not make her Mom look any worse than she already did. Think about it...how quickly were there stories/photos about Brooks online? If Donn had been unfaithful for "years" as Vicky claimed....there would have been stories/pictures.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Brianna acknowledged Don's affair on the reunion. It's not just Vicki-speak.

I don't think Brianna would say anything like this if it weren't true. It's not in her character to do that.

Did anyone see Heather Dubrow on Hot in Cincinnati's last episode? She wasn't bad...better than I expected....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Did anyone see Heather Dubrow on Hot in Cincinnati's last episode? She wasn't bad...better than I expected....
    I did, DL. I thought she was good in that role. I've actually seen Heather on quite a few shows as of late.
    By the way, she was the star of a show I loved years ago on CBS. It was called That's Life and she was the daughter in an Italian family in NY. Paul Sorvino played her father and Ellen Burstyn her mom.
    Debi Mazar played her good friend.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I did, DL. I thought she was good in that role. I've actually seen Heather on quite a few shows as of late.
    By the way, she was the star of a show I loved years ago on CBS. It was called That's Life and she was the daughter in an Italian family in NY. Paul Sorvino played her father and Ellen Burstyn her mom.
    Debi Mazar played her good friend.
    I never saw that show but wish I had....all favorite actors of mine. I'll have to check Heather's IMDB and see what she's up to. I honestly was surprised that she was as good as she was....I just didn't expect that...altho I don't know why I'd think that.
    But I do remember watching Stark Raving Mad but I don't remember her.

I never saw Stark Raving Mad, but I think she was also on a Jason Bateman show and a couple of others back in the day.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread