+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1907Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I still believe that a lot of the Real House Wives series are scripted. I also believe that now that Tamra knows Brianna is pregnant, she (Tamra) is going to get knocked up asap just so Brianna doesn't steal the spotlight with the baby thing.
    Next season will be highlighted with Tamra and Eddies wedding and then Tamra will become pregnant. Not sure if Brianna will fall for the whole "let's show my pregnancy/birth of Vicki's grandchild" on Bravo but you never know.
    I like Brianna and hope she doesn't become involved in this whole convoluted mess that is RHOC. But I still love to watch

FORT Fogey

I adore Brianna.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Exactly!!!! Who would do a vow renewal IF there was infidelity on either or both parties?
    I think the answer would be: Any or all of these pathetic Housewives!

I looked it up and Vicki and Donn were married 16 years so why does she say he cheated for 20?
    The wedding vow renewal thing was another thing that made me wonder just when Vicki, Tamra and Brianna learned about Donn's affair. How very pathetic it makes Vicki appear if she tolerated/accepted this behavior for a long time.
    I think she was using it as a "look at me...poor pathetic victimized Vicki" or as a reason to excuse her philandering.
    because, of course, it's ok to do it if your spouse did it also.
    Although I think it backfired on her....neither one works.
    If Brianna is so upset about Brooks duplicitous behavior, why would she be so accepting of Donn's? I just don't think she would ....which makes me feel it's a recent awareness. I know Brianna loved Donn and considered him a father to her but I don't think her value system would allow her to just accept it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I would think Brianna & Ryan are paying Vicky rent since Vicky said Donn is still living in the house because her mortgage is so high & she needs his paycheck. I am so sorry but am I the only person who thinks this is too weird??? So Donn has been cheating in Vicky for 20 years yet no one in "reality internet world" has picked-up on that fact yet within a few days it was all over the internet about Brooks????

Personally I know I couldn't stay married let alone live in a a home with a spouse that was cheating on me. Heck I kicked him out...unless they had an "open marriage". I guess if it were me I would short sell the house & move into the one the smaller one they bought from Jeanna. IMHO Vicky got in way over her head and expanded her insurance business (given her "celebrity" status) right at the beginning of a declining economy. Now she is stuck with the mortgage/rent in that building.
    Just noticed in that Reality Tea article, two of your questions were answered: First, apparently Vickiís daughter Briana is currently living with her and will be staying there after her baby is born because her husband is being re-deployed to Afghanistan. Second, one of the reasons Donn is still living there is because he has prostate cancer and apparently has been very very sick. (UPDATE! Did Vicki Gunvalson Accuse Tamra Barney's Fiance Of Being Disbarred? Plus, PHOTO: Briana Culberson's Baby Bump! - Reality Tea)
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 07-22-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    Jexter likes this.

FORT Fogey

Just noticed in that Reality Tea article, two of your questions were answered: First, apparently Vicki’s daughter Briana is currently living with her and will be staying there after her baby is born because her husband is being re-deployed to Afghanistan. Second, one of the reasons Donn is still living there is because he has prostate cancer and apparently has been very very sick. (UPDATE! Did Vicki Gunvalson Accuse Tamra Barney's Fiance Of Being Disbarred? Plus, PHOTO: Briana Culberson's Baby Bump! - Reality Tea)
    I'm having a hard time seeing how the producers would present season 8 with the same cast given how season 7 ended.

Vicki and Alexis are on the outs which really only leaves Tamra, Gretchen, and Heather wanting to or possibly even willing to hang out with one another. And while Alexis and Vicki have sort of made up, they are not buddy-buddy and don't hang out much. Seems as if all that's left is a bunch of scenes with focusing on the women independently, i.e. with minimal interaction with each other.

But, I don't think that would be a bad thing. This was such a pivotal year for the wives that next season would be a good opportunity to wrap up their stories and then revamp the cast the following year.

I would really like to see how Vicki makes things work in her household, and I would really like to see Alexis find a permanent career she can sink her teeth into.

I would also like to see how Heather's restaurant and Tamara's gym peroform. There isn't much about Gretchen that I'm terribly interested in, but I would like to see how she and Slade end up as a couple and also how Slade's career winds up.

Yes, I'd like to see one more season but then a cast shake up the following season. I actually think the wives wouldn't mind moving on as well. They seem a bit tired of it.

I still say Tamra and Eddie are hoping for a spin off with just the two of them. Kim Zolciak got her own show so anything is possible in the world of Bravo.
    I too, find Gretchen boring (and get extremely annoyed with her long veneers) but if Slade EVER ends up with his own career, then I will know Armegedon is coming soon.

FORT Fogey

I still say Tamra and Eddie are hoping for a spin off with just the two of them.
    One huge difference between Tamra and Kim is that Kim is mostly a character. She's extreme in everything she does which for many, makes her hugely entertaining. And, while she is sort of a demanding diva, she's not mean or petty like Tamra. Toss in charming daughters and an adorable husband, and the show worked. It was "fun" and good spirited.

Tamra is actually, I think, very insecure and petty and bitchy as a result. I like Eddie - and can't for the life of me see what he sees in her - and I like Tamra's son. But, any show with Tamra would be a painful experience rather than a fun experience.

I'd actually watch a show about Eddie and Tamra's son building a business together, i.e. a little male bonding - which the son needs and seems to get from Eddie.

ALthough, what I would love to watch is a show with Vicki and clan - although not with Don + cancer. That wouldn't be right.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-22-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    Lizard likes this.

I guess I am on the opposing side here. As a cancer survivor I believe seeing Donn dealing with cancer would help many people get over their fears & see their doctor.

I think BRAVO needs to stop with the spin off's. With the exception of Bethenny & Kandi there is not a single HW that is worth any air time at all other than their own series.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

There was a report in the NY Post today that Bravo has sent out a casting call for OC housewives, looking for a major revamp of the cast similar to what they did with New York. It implies that they are looking for very wealthy women with fabulous homes and fabulous lives. To me, that would hint that Vicki and Heather would be safe, and all the other women would be in jeopardy of being let go. Gretchen can be interesting, but has never had the level of money that most of the women on the show are supposed to. With Jeff she showed that "I'll hook up with a rich man to get the lifestyle" side, but she certainly doesn't offer that with Slade. Tamara seems to have learned her lessons about building a fake life that looks wealthy, and her living more humble doesn't offer her up as living in a fabulous home. Alexis is kind of in the middle - she portrays that life, but everyone can tell it's built on debt and not wealth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    There was a report in the NY Post today that Bravo has sent out a casting call for OC housewives, looking for a major revamp of the cast similar to what they did with New York. It implies that they are looking for very wealthy women with fabulous homes and fabulous lives. To me, that would hint that Vicki and Heather would be safe, and all the other women would be in jeopardy of being let go. Gretchen can be interesting, but has never had the level of money that most of the women on the show are supposed to. With Jeff she showed that "I'll hook up with a rich man to get the lifestyle" side, but she certainly doesn't offer that with Slade. Tamara seems to have learned her lessons about building a fake life that looks wealthy, and her living more humble doesn't offer her up as living in a fabulous home. Alexis is kind of in the middle - she portrays that life, but everyone can tell it's built on debt and not wealth.
    Interesting. Do you have the link?

This explains the tone so some of the Bravo blogs. Alexis, Gretchen, and Vicki seem to have written theirs sensing that this may be it. Heather and Tamra not so much. Sounds like they've all been informed that they MAY not be renewed. While I would like very much to see a wrap-up season, I can see the producers wanting to go out on a high note - if you can call it that. THis was apparently a very successful season and in Andy's words, the best OC season ever.

+ Reply to Thread