+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2577Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Was surprised that Brianna and her husband are now living with Vicki, though!!
    Yes. Maybe I'm old fashion but I'm appalled by the complete disrespectful way Briana kept speaking about Brooks on the reunion while her mother is supplying a roof over her head, her unborn baby's head and B'shusband, obviously-unable-to-provide-a-roof-over-his-own-family's-head. B could have made her points with fact, but IMO she took it overboard with just making emotional, venemous statements. She came off a spoiled little Orange County girl. I couldn't believe that she rolled her eyes when Vicky said Donn is staying there because the mortgage is so big and she needs help. What does Brianna know about a house payment? As much as B claims to despise Vicki's constant attention, I think she just feels threatened that Brooks is taking some of that away. Brianna has always been an enabler for Vicki's clinging behavior. Bottom line is that I am extremely disappointed in Briana's behavior and her lack of empathy for the way the world and the women on the opposite couch have treated and made her mom feel. The mother who threw her a wedding and providing a roof over her, her husband and her baby's head. Who would B have to sponge off of, if not her mother?
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.

I am going to say just maybe if Vicki had not made Brianna getting married all about how Vicki felt, her daughter would do the same about brooks.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm wondering what the real reason is that Brianna and her husband are living with Vicki. Mr. Brianna (can't remember his name) is in the military and they are given free housing, usually a better place for marrieds than singles. I'm thinking maybe the reason of one household is because he's due to be moved to another fort/base. Maybe she wants to have her baby near her mother or with a OB/GYN that she knows thru her nursing? Or maybe she's spoiled and wants that lifestyle? I don't know. I guess she gave up the apartment she had earlier, where she recovered from her surgery. It's possible that Vicki paid for that apartment but stopped once Brianna got married...Vicki is capable of doing such a controlling thing because she didn't like how Brianna got married.

I also think what Tamra said about Vicki in Cabo was true...only because I watched that part twice, the second time all I did was watch Vicki's face. She was totally lying when she denied it and her facial expressions showed it clearly.
    My opinion about Vicki and Gretchen and their men: I'm sure both of them slept w/their respective guys while they were being deadbeat dads. Neither one strikes me as someone who's morals would prevent them from sleeping with a guy who's behaving badly....
    They want what they want when they want it. Then later they posture about having values.
    Just how long can Gretchen keep up the pretense of expecting Slade to clean up his act? Obviously, he has debt...a lot of debt........and he doesn't have a job. Still.
    And I, for one, am completely fed up with this silly pile of garbage she's expecting me to buy....how many years now has this continued?
    I remember being her age and thinking that IF I got married again, I would have expectations about the man and just "loving" him wasn't going to be enough. I needed to respect and admire him more.

How the heck did Brianna get so level-headed with a mother like Vicki?
    Something about their body language seemed off to me while they sat together on the Reunion.

Sorry. Sometimes I can go on and on about these women and probably be quite a bore.
    chenoa333 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

I remember being her age and thinking that IF I got married again, I would have expectations about the man and just "loving" him wasn't going to be enough. I needed to respect and admire him more.

I like that.

Seeing Brooks on the preview turned me off to watching that part. I have not watched it.....much easier on me to read the comments here.
    Yes Dragonlady. That sounds right about the living situation. Vicky could have only requested that they live with her. And I do find Brianna to be very level headed.

I do not want to stomach more Brooks.

Slade really wants to be on tv; and being with Gretchen enables that. I do not find Slade to be very responsible......Is Gretchen and enabler or just very lackadaisacal?
    You can do it!

exactly . . . . . and i am suer he knew she was dating other people and prob encouraged her to. it's not like he could take her out and wine and dine her.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Gretchen and Jef were never married. She seemed to take really good care of him during his terminal illness.

i was under the impression that they all live there and help pay the note bc vicki can't afford it. not bc briana and her husband can't afford a home of their own. she's a nurse and he's in the military - they aren't broke.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    Yes. Maybe I'm old fashion but I'm appalled by the complete disrespectful way Briana kept speaking about Brooks on the reunion while her mother is supplying a roof over her head, her unborn baby's head and B'shusband, obviously-unable-to-provide-a-roof-over-his-own-family's-head. B could have made her points with fact, but IMO she took it overboard with just making emotional, venemous statements. She came off a spoiled little Orange County girl. I couldn't believe that she rolled her eyes when Vicky said Donn is staying there because the mortgage is so big and she needs help. What does Brianna know about a house payment? As much as B claims to despise Vicki's constant attention, I think she just feels threatened that Brooks is taking some of that away. Brianna has always been an enabler for Vicki's clinging behavior. Bottom line is that I am extremely disappointed in Briana's behavior and her lack of empathy for the way the world and the women on the opposite couch have treated and made her mom feel. The mother who threw her a wedding and providing a roof over her, her husband and her baby's head. Who would B have to sponge off of, if not her mother?
    dustypants likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Do you believe what Tamra said about Vicki calling her from their trip and saying that she woke up naked in bed with some guy?????????
    Tamra also took a single word from Terry -- "phony" -- and in the retelling changed it to "He thinks you're the phoniest person he's ever met." Did Vicky fool around with Brooks before her divorce? Probably? Is Tamra a mean-spirited pot-stirrer who picks a different target to hate every season and enlists a new best friend -- sorry, "bust frund" -- to embolden her catty and cruel behavior because she's a total coward by herself? Yes. What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Nothing. I just hate Tamra.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

I would think Brianna & Ryan are paying Vicky rent since Vicky said Donn is still living in the house because her mortgage is so high & she needs his paycheck. I am so sorry but am I the only person who thinks this is too weird??? So Donn has been cheating in Vicky for 20 years yet no one in "reality internet world" has picked-up on that fact yet within a few days it was all over the internet about Brooks????

Personally I know I couldn't stay married let alone live in a a home with a spouse that was cheating on me. Heck I kicked him out...unless they had an "open marriage". I guess if it were me I would short sell the house & move into the one the smaller one they bought from Jeanna. IMHO Vicky got in way over her head and expanded her insurance business (given her "celebrity" status) right at the beginning of a declining economy. Now she is stuck with the mortgage/rent in that building.

Am I crazy but why would you continue to involve yourself if the guy you were dating outed your daughter's pregnangy & wedding a few hours before her wedding??? He would have been so gone before the first note of Here Comes The Bride. Isn't it weird this guy's one business is HW gossip? I thought Vicky said she met him during an insurance convention? Brooks buys Vicky a fur coat, takes Michale & his friend to the Kentucky Derby, Brianna & Ryan to Mexico yet does not pay his child support?
    Granted I have not seen this entire season, missed the 1st segment of this reunion but...WHAT AM I MISSING THAT THIS GUY IS SO DANG ATTRACTIVE TO VICKY???? HE SCREAMS SLEEZEBALL!!!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

He does scream sleezeball. But he's giving Vicki attention when most other men are not interested, and she is the kind of woman who can't handle being alone. I said earlier that I think Vicki was keenly aware that Tamara met Eddie shortly after splitting with Simon, and that Jenna was dating shortly after splitting with Matt, and she did NOT want to be the woman who did not fall in love with a great man as soon as she got rid of her husband. It was pointed out earlier that Vicki talked about the fur coat in the past tense, so it was most likely on loan and not something Brooks bought for Vicki. They said in the reunion that he went with Vicki and Michael to the Kentucky Derby, but not that he TOOK them. They also said he went to Mexico with Vicki Brianna and Ryan, but not that he took them there. Since they went to the resort that Vicki's family has always gone to, I think it's safe to assume that it wasn't HIS trip. Bravo is owned by NBC, and since NBC broadcasts the Kentucky Derby, they often bring in some of the Bravo personalities to attend parties for the Derby. That's probably how they went there. I think all these luxurious things Brooks is associated with are him freeloading the oppotunties - not buying them instead of paying child support.

Speaking of trips, I wonder if Vicki ever goes to historical sites. Jello shots at Stonehenge, woo-hoo!
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread