+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2458Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

i totally agree with your entire post.

brianna was the best part of the reunion to me.

i just don't get how vicki does not see herself as a hypocrite. she has done EVERYTHING she has accused and bashed others for doing.

and i def believe tamra's revelation and i don't think it was brooks she woke up next to.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I actually loved Brianna's presence on the reunion, and wished she'd been on for longer. I think that Brianna has realized that sometimes the only way to reach her mom is through the show, which is why she's done and said some of the things she has. We've had 7 seasons to establish how controlling Vicki tries to be towards her kids. In private, I think she has no problem shushing them or ignoring what they have to say. But on camera, she's aware of how she's perceived, and aware that being "mother of the year" requires listening. So Brianna communicates with her on camera in order to get her to listen. And while Brianna was at times brutal in her honesty on the reunion, she also came across to me as protective of Vicki. She'd be honest, but also knew when to pull back. And towards the end, when she "translated" what Vicki didn't understand about what Gretchen and Tamara were saying, I thought she was very effective. Vicki will listen to Brianna when she gets defensive towards most everyone else. As for Tamara's accusation, I believe it. After all, we've all been saying the same thing since it was realized that the Don lookalike in the pool in Cabo was Brooks. The way that Vicki responded seemed to me that it was true. We know because we've seen the video that last year when they were still married, Vicki and Tamara went for a girls getaway in Cabo and flirted with men. We know one of them was Brooks. So it stands to reason that Vicki slept with Brooks while she was there. To me, the difference between the accusations was that Vicki was twisting facts around to make them sound like something they were not. It is factual that Tamara and Eddie started dating when she was still married. We saw Tamra's divorce get finalized on the show, and she and Eddie were well established as a couple by then. However, we also saw that Simon and Tamara separated first, and it was just the technical legal time period before they were divorced that things happened. But Vicki made the accusation in a way to lead people to think that she and Simon were still together and she cheated on him with Eddie. From what we know, that appears to not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    Agree. And the way she sided with Tamra regarding Brooks so loudly on camera in the last finale episode and yelled at Vicki was pretty disrespectful. But it made for great TV. And regarding what Tamra said about Vicki waking up naked next to a stranger on the trip, Tamra has no credibility with me. She can dish it out but definitely can't take it. You saw how amazed she was when Vicki mentioned how she wasn't divorced from whathisname and had just separated from him and already she was seeing Eddie. Tamra didn't like being outed and had to come up with something back. She will do anything to try to make herself look good.
    But Icky did not deny having cheated on Donn; nor did she deny having awakened naked next to a stranger on the trip w/Tamra. Prolly Ick suspects Tamra can bring evidence, so there's no pretending - I think it's true.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

If it's true that Don had a 20-year affair while married to Vicki, I could care less if Vicki slept with Brooks while married.

More power to her.

Putting aside a piece of paper for a minute, if it's true that Gretchen slept around while married to a dying man (which I suspect is true) I'd say Gretchen has for more to answer to than Vicki.

(I give Tamra a pass is she slept with Eddie after separating.)

I also think that we don't know the whole truth behind child support issues with Slade and Brooks. And, for me, it matters. I want to know who was making a concerted attempt to get caught up and who wasn't. Then, I want to know when Gretchen and Vicki started sleepting with them. If it was during a time that their resepective men were slacking off, then I don't have respect for either woman. If it was during a time when the men were really working to clean things up, then I give them both a pass.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One thing about Vicki and Brooks that just occurred to me. It seems like their might be a bit of a double standard going on. Women marry men for money/lifestyle all the time. Heck. It works for them - and the men. Why should it be so bad for Brooks to want to be with Vicki for her money/lifestyle? And why should it be bad for Vicki to be ok with it? Why not?! So long as the kids aren't shafted along the way, what really is the harm???

Just playing devil's advocate
    Debb70 likes this.

Gretchen and Jef were never married. She seemed to take really good care of him during his terminal illness.

FORT Fogey

^^^ True. She also did not receive a penny of his money. It all went to his kids. Who liked her very much, by the way. I think it was obvious she cared for him deeply and did everything she could to make his last days comfortable and happy.
    MsDiva2007 and buttahfly like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd say that Briana is determined to get through her mother's thick skull! I give her kudos for being as honest as she has been. Briana is really testing out her big-girl wings. This is the woman that Victory raised!
    buttahfly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Was surprised that Brianna and her husband are now living with Vicki, though!!
    livin4reality and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Gretchen and Jef were never married. She seemed to take really good care of him during his terminal illness.
    Ha ha, just noticed that I used the 1-f version of "Jeff", ala the Bachelorette!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Regular

As much as Brooks gives me the creeps I LOVED when he stood up to Tamra. She is the prototypical bully. She expects she can scream over the others, give them nasty looks and they will back down. But when someone has the balls to go right back at her she shuts up. I loved the "getting love advice from you is like getting financial advice from someone in bankruptcy"

Alexis may be insecure, but she's really not at all dumb. She stood her ground when being attacked and actually made sense.
    I don't like the combination of Gretchen and Tamra. They get way too 'mean girl' when they're together.
    Tamra looked an old Country star at the reunion. Big, overly sprayed hair and too much makeup.
    Jexter likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread