+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2502Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Vicki and Alexis are as nutty as nutty comes, but I have to say that I'm on their sides in all this. Gretchen tried to be a good friend to Alexis but buckled under Tamra pressure. Vicki learned and applied a life lesson or two and has shown to have matured. That's more than can be said of many of them - particularly Tamra.

Tamra just gets grosser by the minute.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-16-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Heather may not have earned the money she flaunts by working. Heather has managed her husbands kids and households so that he can work without worrying about home. Heather can spend and flaunt any way she pleases the job of mother and homemaker is not one a dollar value can be put on,its a 24 hr no holiday pay job!

As far as Alexis she needs to learn a good friend is the one who not only backs you when right,but tells a few home truths when wrong.
    prhoshay and Jexter like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Heather may not have earned the money she flaunts by working. Heather has managed her husbands kids and households so that he can work without worrying about home. Heather can spend and flaunt any way she pleases the job of mother and homemaker is not one a dollar value can be put on,its a 24 hr no holiday pay job!
    To play devil's advocate, with Terry and Heather's money I wouldn't doubt they have 1 (if not 2 or 3) nannies.

Quote Originally Posted by scootad View Post
    To play devil's advocate, with Terry and Heather's money I wouldn't doubt they have 1 (if not 2 or 3) nannies.
    They may indeed but someone has to hire and manage them. Just sayin....
    prhoshay likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's so difficult to get across your feelings in writing words here sometimes.
    Imperfect1, I truly wasn't upset or meaning to disregard your post...just wanting to add my viewpoint and I don't think it came out the way I meant it. It definitely wasn't against you in any way.
    I'm hoping it didn't offend you.

About Alexis, I agree with those here that feel she's not a mean person. I do think she's a very, very insecure person...almost child-like in her hurt about what a friend would or would not do in a relationship and why she needs to brag about their possessions.
    Insecure people need so much positive validation to make them feel good about themselves and it's really sad to watch her.
    That same insecurity is the reason she allows Jimbo to treat her the way he does. Although I think that before long, this girl will not be so compliant. She just might see the light and have a little rebellion in her.
    I don't know how Jimbo will handle that if it should happen. He definitely needs to be in control and most likely, picked Alexis for the very reason that she is insecure and maybe not so bright.
    But I don't think she's mean or tries to be hurtful.
    livin4reality and buttahfly like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Thanks so much for saying that, DL, and I know that your comments reflected how you felt on the subject, and weren't against me personally. You and I go back a long way on FORT and I have always considered you a FORT friend --- and still do. And as we all know, friends can disagree and still remain friends, so all's good!
    dustypants and Dragonlady like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A woman who doesn't work outside the home, and is taking care of home and children, deserves as much as she gets....especially if it's her husband's earnings. He's earing for ALL of them...not just himself, and she's providing services that he cannot put a pricetag on. Heather has earned all of the access she has to "Terry's money".
    Jexter and MsDiva2007 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Seeing Brianna last night was rather odd IMO. I'm not sure what it is, (maybe Vicki brought it on herself) but, I"m not liking Brianna right now. Perhaps they do have a great bond, but I just don't feel it. I don't feel the love that I think most mother/daugthers have. I know I would not or could not ever address my mother like she did Vicki on tv. Maybe Brianna hasn't gotten old enough to realize that we only have our moms for so long.....it was rather sad.

Do you believe what Tamra said about Vicki calling her from their trip and saying that she woke up naked in bed with some guy????????? Was that the trip they took this season? When? That was a shocker to me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Seeing Brianna last night was rather odd IMO. I'm not sure what it is, (maybe Vicki brought it on herself) but, I"m not liking Brianna right now. Perhaps they do have a great bond, but I just don't feel it. I don't feel the love that I think most mother/daugthers have. I know I would not or could not ever address my mother like she did Vicki on tv. Maybe Brianna hasn't gotten old enough to realize that we only have our moms for so long.....it was rather sad. Do you believe what Tamra said about Vicki calling her from their trip and saying that she woke up naked in bed with some guy????????? Was that the trip they took this season? When? That was a shocker to me.
    Agree. And the way she sided with Tamra regarding Brooks so loudly on camera in the last finale episode and yelled at Vicki was pretty disrespectful. But it made for great TV. And regarding what Tamra said about Vicki waking up naked next to a stranger on the trip, Tamra has no credibility with me. She can dish it out but definitely can't take it. You saw how amazed she was when Vicki mentioned how she wasn't divorced from whathisname and had just separated from him and already she was seeing Eddie. Tamra didn't like being outed and had to come up with something back. She will do anything to try to make herself look good.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I actually loved Brianna's presence on the reunion, and wished she'd been on for longer. I think that Brianna has realized that sometimes the only way to reach her mom is through the show, which is why she's done and said some of the things she has. We've had 7 seasons to establish how controlling Vicki tries to be towards her kids. In private, I think she has no problem shushing them or ignoring what they have to say. But on camera, she's aware of how she's perceived, and aware that being "mother of the year" requires listening. So Brianna communicates with her on camera in order to get her to listen. And while Brianna was at times brutal in her honesty on the reunion, she also came across to me as protective of Vicki. She'd be honest, but also knew when to pull back. And towards the end, when she "translated" what Vicki didn't understand about what Gretchen and Tamara were saying, I thought she was very effective. Vicki will listen to Brianna when she gets defensive towards most everyone else. As for Tamara's accusation, I believe it. After all, we've all been saying the same thing since it was realized that the Don lookalike in the pool in Cabo was Brooks. The way that Vicki responded seemed to me that it was true. We know because we've seen the video that last year when they were still married, Vicki and Tamara went for a girls getaway in Cabo and flirted with men. We know one of them was Brooks. So it stands to reason that Vicki slept with Brooks while she was there. To me, the difference between the accusations was that Vicki was twisting facts around to make them sound like something they were not. It is factual that Tamara and Eddie started dating when she was still married. We saw Tamra's divorce get finalized on the show, and she and Eddie were well established as a couple by then. However, we also saw that Simon and Tamara separated first, and it was just the technical legal time period before they were divorced that things happened. But Vicki made the accusation in a way to lead people to think that she and Simon were still together and she cheated on him with Eddie. From what we know, that appears to not be the case.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread