+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2493Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

It's hard to know now what exactly is the truth about Donn's supposed 20 year affair.
    Although it does make me understand better why he stayed so long w/Vicki!! (shame on me)
    What I don't understand is that Vicki and Donn were married for 16 years.....does that mean he was with some other woman 4 years before Vicki and then continued it after they were married??
    Seems odd.
    Am sure we'll soon find out more....more lies and more truth and it's up to us to wonder which is which...

Watched the reunion.
    I've said before taht I hate when these women just all gang up on 1 person.
    I've never been a big fan of Alexis, but I don't think she's at all mean spirited and they really did gang up on her. Tamra always seems to find people to help her. Heather comes across as extremely smug and pretentious. THere's a big difference, IMO, between secure and arrogant. I find her to be the latter. I remember her comments about the cake at the party. That poor cake store owner. She must have watched the episode and cringed.
    And, Heather tries way too hard to tell others what to do. "You really should buy a house....if you have all that money", "you really should wear your good jewelry and not your fake jewelry", etc. Did G*d die and anoint Heather as the new G*d?!! She needs to let others live their own lives and make their own choices; not insist they make the same choices as she would. And, quite frankly, her face is beginning to look like a total mask - way too much of the Botox, filler, et al.
    I think Gretchen should have talked to Alexis separately. She should not have been a part of the "mean girls." I usually like Gretchen, but I don't like her alliance with Tamra at all this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Rewatching the last episode before the reunion and annoyed again at Tamra for again sticking her nose in other people's business when Terry was talking to Jim about calling Alexis the "phoniest" woman on earth. Kudos to Jim (who I don't like for the record) for bolting the minute he saw her approach the table.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

And, Heather tries way too hard to tell others what to do. "You really should buy a house....if you have all that money", "you really should wear your good jewelry and not your fake jewelry", etc. Did G*d die and anoint Heather as the new G*d?!! She needs to let others live their own lives and make their own choices; not insist they make the same choices as she would. And, quite frankly, her face is beginning to look like a total mask - way too much of the Botox, filler, et al.
    Couldn't agree more. I hate people like that. I have a "friend" who does this sort of thing, most of it borne out of her own insecurity about herself. Heather is always giving people her unsolicited advice and then goes on to insist the person should do what she's suggesting, as if she's the authority on everything.
    Lizard and norealityhere like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Let's face it. Alexis is a "Dumb Dora"!
    MsDiva2007 and jucamer like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Watched the reunion.
    I've said before taht I hate when these women just all gang up on 1 person.
    I've never been a big fan of Alexis, but I don't think she's at all mean spirited and they really did gang up on her. Tamra always seems to find people to help her. Heather comes across as extremely smug and pretentious. THere's a big difference, IMO, between secure and arrogant. I find her to be the latter. I remember her comments about the cake at the party. That poor cake store owner. She must have watched the episode and cringed.
    I think Gretchen should have talked to Alexis separately. She should not have been a part of the "mean girls." I usually like Gretchen, but I don't like her alliance with Tamra at all this season.
    In social situations the most wealthy and most beautiful get away with it- Heather has more money- by far- than her cast mates & rivals them as a beauty. "You should buy a house" b/c she knows they are broke. "You should wear your good jewelry" b/c she knows there is no good jewelry. Heather is smart and mean - she can easily shred all the RHOC whenever she wants, and they'll crawl back b/c she has money and position.
    Lizard likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

To me, the irony about Heather having all of this wealth, is that she merely married it, she didn't create it. She certainly reaps the benefits that comes from having all of that money, but it's her plastic surgeon husband Terry who actually earned all that money that Heather flaunts. And interestingly, Terry seems like one of the more down-to-earth kind of guys who doesn't seem particularly impressed with himself at all. Nice guy. I like him. He kind of reminds me of RHBH's Adrienne Maloof's plastic surgeon husband, Paul Nassif --- who also seems unaffected by the huge amount of wealth that his plastic surgery practice brings in. Of course there's a huge difference between Adrienne/Paul and Heather/Terry, because Adrienne DOES vast amounts of very lucrative work, and her Maloof family is one of the wealthiest in the country. So Adrienne really HAS contributed gobs and gobs of money to her marriage whereas Heather, with her former little bits of tv roles, or whatever, hasn't.
    bee stung lips and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm not convinced Adrienne adds much to the Maloof pot. I have yet to hear her make reference to a specific job she does for the company - other than being on the RHBH and showing up for basketball games and hotel special events for PR purposes.

And, the Maloof family business dates back to 1937. Neither Adrienne nor her brothers did anything to create it. They inherited it.

On top of all this, she married a rich plastic surgeon.

Don't get me wrong. I like Adrienne, but near as I can tell, she's mostly a stay-at-home mom with side gigs along the way, e.g. the show, shoe line, showing up to Maloof events, etc. Heather developed a fairly successful acting career well before she married. I believe she said she married when she was 30. She was acting for several years before then.

Both women have worked and continue to work, but if anyone was handed more wealth by virtue of marriage and/or family, it is Adrienne.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-15-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    prhoshay likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heather struts her wealth with her husband's blessings. If he has no problem with it, why should anyone else? She, obviously, has made him happy.

We ALL should have been lucky enough to have married so well!!
    Jexter likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Let's face it. Alexis is a "Dumb Dora"!
    But I seriously don't think that she has a mean bone in her body...
    norealityhere and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread