+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

  1. #2021
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,257

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    That's some juicy stuff! In reference to the comment about Donn having an affair for the past 20(?) years: although I don't condone affairs during a marriage, but the way it appeared to me (from watching this show way too much), Vicki was NEVER home. Always working, working, working.
    If she wasn't at work, she was always talking about how she "had to get back to work". And when she told Brianna to "shut up"! Who talks to their daughter like that on national tv?
    I'm also wondering who this Sara woman is they keep bringing on the show. I hope they're not thinking of casting her as a new "housewife" next season because I already can't stand her.
    It's absolutely none of my business, but .... I REALLY hope the full story comes out about Don and Vicki. We are missing out on a bunch of stuff I think, and I am beyond curious.

    I googled a bit and there are major rumors on all sides. Some say Vicki is fooled around all the time - even before Brooks. Some say she was sleeping with Brooks well before her marriage with Don ended. Some say Don foooled around all the time and that he got fired from his job at Home Depot because of touching / talking to women inappropriately. I also read that he and Jeanna had an affair!

    Any conclusions we can draw would be pure speculation until Vicki and/or Don speak for themselves - which I hope they do.

    somewhat related: I've decided that the OC women are the most messed up of all the cities.

  2. #2022
    FORT Fogey Texaspet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Hearing all this new information about Vicki's marriage makes me wonder if she had the same issues with her first husband. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a pattern of her getting involved with men who cheat on her, or don't fulfill her emotionally. After one failed marriage, she probably really really wanted the second to work, which is why she would have stayed in it far too long. It would also explain why she doesn't want to admit that there are problems with her relationship with Brooks, because , for her, that means another failure. No wonder she's so controlling, as well. She has not been able to control her relationships with men, so she keeps a tight rein on every other aspect of her life. It almost makes me feel sorry for her.

  3. #2023
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    What I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around is this: Vicki has been on RHWOC since the first airing in March, 2006, a solid six+ years. There has been a huge amount of (as the ladies say it) "press" on them, not to mention the psycho-fans who stalked Laurie and others. How could Donn's 20-year affair go undetected with that kind of scrutiny? Not that I think Donn is a saint or anything--far from it. But if Vicki and Brianna knew, why hasn't it come out before now? Maybe I'm reading the wrong gossip sites.

    Did y'all catch the video after the Brianna/Vicki clip? Gretchen lays the Fox gig down on Alexis with hidden printed-out emails. What a hoot! I sure hope my DVR picks up the show.

  4. #2024
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    It's possible that Vicki and Brianna just recently learned that Donn had had a long time affair. Neither of those two women seem like they would put up with that behavior if they knew about it. I know Vicki is very needy but I don't see her being that needy.

    As for those who are down on Gretchen for not standing up for her "friend" Alexis, I think you can be friends with someone but you don't have to have total devotion even when the friend is doing things that you don't agree with. Trying to help your friend, when so many others are having trouble with her ways, seems more caring than just going along with it out of "friendship."

    I sometimes wonder if Alexis called herself an "anchor" because she's so dumb, she doesn't even know the difference between on-camera talent positions, rather than trying to be pretentious as usual. It's a thought.

  5. #2025
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,922

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Don was cheating on Vicky. Well that would change things up. I had sympathy for him before. But I imagine that that was pretty painful for Vicky. It is strange how different people will deal with things differently. I would think that there would be shelter from a storm getting away from the cheater. Certainly it must hurt the children knowing this.

    Um so Vicky was damaged by and excused Don. She has been in the habit of making excuses for men in her life. And she is going all crazy about Slade because she is misdirecting her personal anger. He is a figure head for what she is angry about.

    I would have said last season that Vicky was probably on her way out because she was complaining about Don so much and being jealous about new girls so much. With the current state of affairs and impending grandma hood, I would say she is here to stay at least another season or two.

    Because Tamra is getting married, I believe she will be here for one more season.

    I am not sure about Alexis.

    Heather can ride the glamour factor out for many seasons if she does not pick at others too much.

    If Gretchen has a baby, that will add a season or two to her Bravo trip. Otherwise, I would say that she does not do much.
    You can do it!

  6. #2026
    FORT Fogey Rockytop Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    As for those who are down on Gretchen for not standing up for her "friend" Alexis, I think you can be friends with someone but you don't have to have total devotion even when the friend is doing things that you don't agree with. Trying to help your friend, when so many others are having trouble with her ways, seems more caring than just going along with it out of "friendship."

    .
    I agree. When everyone was talking to Alexis about her behavior, Gretchen calmly and rationally explained to Alexis how some of the things she does cause others to see her in a certain way. But Alexis expects blind devotion and was having none of it.

  7. #2027
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,323

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I agree. When everyone was talking to Alexis about her behavior, Gretchen calmly and rationally explained to Alexis how some of the things she does cause others to see her in a certain way. But Alexis expects blind devotion and was having none of it.
    To a certain extent, that's how Vicki sees it too. I'm sorry, but her comment about mainly not liking Alexis before because Tamra didn't and you support your friends? OMG, are we still in high school. I left that behavior behind when I graduated, and now I make decisions for myself as to who I want to be friends, or friendly with.

    If the affair talk is true, is it really possible that she knew nothing for 20 years? Here's my take - she knew, and she hated it. But she didn't want to be divorced again with kids, so she stuck it out. Then Brooks came along and offered her what she didn't have. She blindly took it and is now paying the price. For as smart and successful as Vicki is, she seems to define happiness by whether she has a man.

  8. #2028
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,413

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    I think there was probably a lot of bad behavior on both sides in Vicki and Don's marriage, and it probably was that way for a long time. While I'll never know, and it's none of my business, I have doubts about whether or not Don truly had an affair for 20 years. Given the way Vicki often exaggerates things to benefit herself, it wouldn't surprise me if the truth was more along the lines of either Don knew a woman for 20 years, and in the last few years of their marriage that went from a platonic friendship to an affair. OR, Don cheated for the first time 20 years ago, and perhaps had a few affairs during their marriage. But it's not necessarily that Don had one long 20 year affair during their marriage. The thing that bothers me about Vicki's revelation is that she followed it up with "People should know that Don's not an angel". She chose to put their personal lives on TV. When she did, people scrutinized, and based on what they saw, sided with Don over her. Now, she's setting out to tear Don apart publicly. Why? Because she's trying to win a battle with Don over who is liked more by the public. Only Don is not participating in the competition. To me, that is sleezy.
    sparklete likes this.

  9. #2029
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,323

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think there was probably a lot of bad behavior on both sides in Vicki and Don's marriage, and it probably was that way for a long time. While I'll never know, and it's none of my business, I have doubts about whether or not Don truly had an affair for 20 years. Given the way Vicki often exaggerates things to benefit herself, it wouldn't surprise me if the truth was more along the lines of either Don knew a woman for 20 years, and in the last few years of their marriage that went from a platonic friendship to an affair. OR, Don cheated for the first time 20 years ago, and perhaps had a few affairs during their marriage. But it's not necessarily that Don had one long 20 year affair during their marriage. The thing that bothers me about Vicki's revelation is that she followed it up with "People should know that Don's not an angel". She chose to put their personal lives on TV. When she did, people scrutinized, and based on what they saw, sided with Don over her. Now, she's setting out to tear Don apart publicly. Why? Because she's trying to win a battle with Don over who is liked more by the public. Only Don is not participating in the competition. To me, that is sleezy.
    Agreed. And I wonder if it also has to do with how much Brooks IS being vilified by the public. I don't know, I just have a hard time wrapping my head around it. There were cameras around for the last 6 years. Did they never catch anything - even a whiff? I just don't see Bravo covering that up!! Not with how much they like to air dirty laundry. I mean come on, they even caught Brooks coming out of the pool with Tamra and Vicki were where ever they were last season. And then left it to us to put the pieces together. But they let Donn get off scott free?
    sparklete likes this.

  10. #2030
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,413

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    I actually think it would be rather easy to cover up an affair while filming Real Housewives - especially for the husbands. First, they are not filming constantly. Each woman has days that are filmed, and events that are filmed. So it would be easy to tell mistress "I'm not available next Tuesday and Wednesday, they're filming at my house". Second, I actually think Bravo WOULD cover up something like that. There are many people who'd love the stardom that comes with being on the show ... but not as many who can be on a show like that well. Bravo needs castmembers who want to come back. If they were to go digging through people's personal lives, and reveal everything scandalous they uncovered, the good housewives would be more reluctant to continue. They have to draw lines SOMEWHERE to protect the network/talent relationship.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.