+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2502Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

the article actually has a lot more info than the 20/20 story did.

vivki has got to be an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Very, very interesting article. Very unhappy that I missed 20/20. The article makes Victory seem more foolish than ever.

FORT Fogey

It comes out next week that Don was having an affair for most of his and Vicki's marriage. Both Brianna and Tamra knew of it.

Brooks has been in Vicki's life for about 5 years. Perhaps not romantically but at least in a flirtatious sort of way.

I think there is a lot more going on in Vicki's world that we know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Didn't notice Tamra, Gretchen or Alexis' accents...probably because I'm a native So Cal girl!

Poor Vicki is just a needy obsessive woman...she's obsessive about her men, her business, her demands and rules for her friends and I think this obsessive need in all of those things prevents her enjoying what she does or has.

Tamra's hair looked awful. She's too little to wear that much hair....Dolly Parton can get away with it but it's not for Tamra.

I think Heather is border-line arrogant but I don't think she's cruel or unkind.

Vicki forgets that it was just this season at Tamra's '80's party that she screamed at Gretchen about Slade and his child support issues...she claimed that it was last year.
    When they spoke about the mink coat, Vicki said something (sorry, can't remember exactly what) that seemed to indicate that the coat was just for the night....all I remember is that she used the past tense when speaking about it.

And yes, Alexis is dumber than a rock. Ol' Jimbo knew how to pick 'em....good looking, great body, fertile woman, dumb and submissive. He knew exactly what he wanted. And sorry to be mean, but I just don't buy his super religious actions.

Actually, I don't think I'd buy anything this man is selling.
    I think Icky said the coat "...was nice" as in past tense; she apparently no longer has the coat.

Witless Alsexis; I still don't know why the other women don't just come right out and say she is a liar and a pretender. Their gripe is that she's phony, but they never say exactly why....

She says she wears a ring with a big fake stone, why don't they just say they don't believe for a minute she has the real thing. Husband Frug has a different car every week, why not just say he's borrowing them, pretending to demo them, and cannot actually afford a car of his own. She and Frug lost their home b/c they couldn't make the payments, why not just say we know you're broke and lost your house. Frug rented a house, why not tell her they know it's b/c they don't have a down payment to buy another house. She says she's a news anchor, why don't they just say no, what you're doing is not news anchoring.

She has a "clothing line" that appears to sell nothing, why not tell her they know it's a failure. She says she and Frug have a wonderful marriage, why not tell her to her face the one flesh thing is a crapout. Alsexis is far more pseudo than the other women, they know it, talk about her behind her back and to the cameras, but don't seem to take her aside in private to explain to her moronic brain what a fool she's making of herself. The woman is beautiful, but an abysmal failure as a functioning human.
    Lizard and KatesMom like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

tamra looked AWFUL! i had to look twice to even recognize it as her.

alexsis made an ass of herself as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BreeBrit View Post
    Reunion, part 1:
    Tamra looked 50, picked a really bad makeup artist, and appeared in a Dolly Pardon wig!!!

Vicki, is trying to keep her temper, and looks surprisingly good.

Jugs for Jesus doesn't have a brain cell or a backbone

Gretchen lies as bad as the rest

Heather thinks she is above anyone

i'm 100% with you on this post!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I'm actually completely in Brianna's camp on this one. The issue, I think, was basically trying to shove Brooks down everyone's throat. Here's my thing - it's you life to lead and if you get hurt, you get hurt. But if I don't like him and don't trust him, then I'm not going to be around him. I think that is Brianna's issue. You can't force a relationship and that is what Vicki is trying to do between Brianna and Brooks. It would be different if Brianna was 12, but she is 26, married and pregnant. She does not have to have a relationship with a man who she thinks is using her mother. She can be civil to him, and in my mind, she always has been. But they are never going to be close and if Vicki wants to stay in the relationship, then she needs to accept that.

Alexis - oh, Alexis. I have said this before and I will say it again. Alexis knows the deal she made and she is miserable. But she can't stand that anyone else can see that she is miserable. The constant one-uping and talking about all the material things she has is to try and convince others, and probably herself, that she is happy. Sadly, she is learning that things don't make a person happy. She is pushing back against Jim more and more, which to me says that she really isn't completely content being under his thumb. I really wonder about that marriage in the long run. I also thought it was frickin' hilarious when she was fighting with Gretchen about something and then threw in there some comment about her hair extensions. Seriously, that's the best you can come back with? I agree that it would be better if some of this stuff happened off-screen, but I do think she can not handle anyone questioning the house of cards that she has built up.

Heather - I love her. Yes, she is a bit pretentious, but I think anyone who has that much money can be that way from time to time. I actually thought she had good points and good comments last night. No, we may not have all heard of her when she was an actress. I was a soap fan for years, so I had heard of her. But that doesn't mean you question her right off the bat. And the funny thing was it was Alexis doing the questioning - and then it was compared to Alexis telling someone that she was an anchor for the local news - which we know is not true and is such an exaggeration. Me thinks Alexis was projecting a bit there.

Gretchen - I actually thought Gretchen also made some good points last night and came off very well. Her comments to Vicki were spot on. The issue is everything I know off-camera about her - makes me question everything she says and I don't know what is true and what isn't. And wanting to have a baby with someone who can't support his kids and that you don't want to marry, that is just sad.

Tamra - not really much to say here. I don't like Tamra.

Vicki is sad. She is convincing herself she is happy. Maybe she is. But if that many people around me had problems with the guy I was with, I would at least look at it. I wouldn't automatically assume they didn't want me happy or were jealous. She cries out to me as someone who needs a man in her life to validate her. She is another one who doesn't want her house of cards to come falling down - so she is turning a blind eye to it. That is her choice. But to alienate everyone around her just to keep that blind eye turned screams desperate to me. She's not happy - she's desperate. Even keeping her head turned up all last night - she is putting on a defiant front to the world. It's going to bite her in the a**!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    It comes out next week that Don was having an affair for most of his and Vicki's marriage. Both Brianna and Tamra knew of it.

Brooks has been in Vicki's life for about 5 years. Perhaps not romantically but at least in a flirtatious sort of way.

I think there is a lot more going on in Vicki's world that we know about.
    Seriously? That is shocking to me - mostly given the relationship between Brianna and Donn. She doesn't strike me as someone who would have put up with that and had such a close relationship with him, if he was doing that to her mom. I'm honestly shocked.
    jucamer and its_glinda_now like this.

FORT Fogey

Put that way KatesMom, part of me is also really surprised at the idea of Brianna knowing about an affair Donn was having. However, another part of me says that for many seasons on the show, Brianna has hinted at her frustrations with her mother, thinking she's controlling, difficult to communicate with, etc. She seems like a level-headed enough person that I could believe it if she felt that way, and chose to not let on to most of it on national TV. Brianna just doens't seem like the "air our dirty laundry for the world" type to me like most reality stars are. So is it possible that she feels so overwhelmed by her mom that she saw Don as the closest thing to a parental relationship that she had, recognized that Donn felt the same way about Vicki that she did, and was therefore willing to look the other way? Strange things can happen when a young adult child feels loyalty to one parent so much more than the other.

FORT Fogey

That's some juicy stuff! In reference to the comment about Donn having an affair for the past 20(?) years: although I don't condone affairs during a marriage, but the way it appeared to me (from watching this show way too much), Vicki was NEVER home. Always working, working, working.
    If she wasn't at work, she was always talking about how she "had to get back to work". And when she told Brianna to "shut up"! Who talks to their daughter like that on national tv?
    I'm also wondering who this Sara woman is they keep bringing on the show. I hope they're not thinking of casting her as a new "housewife" next season because I already can't stand her.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Regular

Oh boy. What does it say about Vicki that she's be willing to go back to Donn and reverse the divorce proceedings if he told her he wanted her back. This about a man who had been cheating on her for 20 years.

+ Reply to Thread