+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1469Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I genuinely feel bad for Alexis. She is constantly getting ganged up on by everyone (except Vicki). She really doesn't seem as "phony" to me as everyone tries to make her out to be. Sure she's your typical plastic barbie doll blonde s (like most of the rest of the cast and the OC) but she never does anything that strikes me as intentionally malicious. She seems like a kind person at heart, just not the most intelligent or independent. But neither are Tamra and Gretchen. And Tamra on the other hand is quite simply one of the nastiest, low class, trashiest person in all of reality TV - and that's saying a lot.
    Last edited by scootad; 07-11-2012 at 01:50 AM.

I actually liked Tamra's hair. It must be extensions.

Tamra--you cannot take the mean out of the mean girl; she forgot what she has looked like for the past twenty years

Alexis--I do not quite believe what Heather and Tamra are saying. I think store people or camera people might be a little starstruck to be talking to them and just might nod or find something they can agree with when they were soliciting bad comments about Alexis. I think Alexis did think she could talk to unreachable Tamra. I think Alexis is beautiful. And being around such cattiness will wake her up a little.

Heather--An "A" personality who was totally inflamed by Alexis who did not acknowledge her as a star. We FORT people had trouble figuring out who Heather was even with our access to google. I think she made a nice contribution to the show, but if she keeps on attacking Alexis, we are not going to think she is so nice.

Vicki--I like one part of her; and the other part of her I think is an ass hole
    bee stung lips likes this.
    You can do it!

Watching last night's reunion didn't create much love for any of the OCHW's, save Vicki who is still my favorite.

While all the accusations about Slade that came up many seasons ago were terrible, I never understood why that drama went on and on without end. I thought that attack was overdone and grew weary of it, truth or not. I think Vicki was the cheerleader for that attack. Maybe she's regretting it now. I walked away from the show and only watched every once in awhile. I have watched most of this season.

I say enough already about the show of disapproval of Brooks. Vicki knows what people have said and how they dislike and distrust the guy. She is warned. If she gets hurt, so be it, but lay off. I feel her daughter is attempting emotional blackmail. I have grown to dislike her daughter, when I used to like her. I hope it's due to scripting and she's not really like this now. I overlook Vicki's sins and accept her. She's been my favorite from the start and at this point, she seems more likable to me than the others.

I have no affection or pity for Alexis. I'm glad someone is there for Vicki, though.

I can't stand Tamra. She plays the mean girl, pretending to be the nice girl well. Her hair did look like she was appearing on the Lawrence Welk show. lol Any watch What's Happening Live? They said her hairstyle was much like Kim from Atlanta HW's. (wig) This season there is nothing about Tamra that I like. I'm glad she's so very happy with herself.

I don't care for Gretchen either. Why have a baby with the man who can't support his other child? ???

Heather can make sense at times, but last night the show openened with her temper turned up to about 8 from the start. What did she do get into the corner and warm up like a boxer. Why so hyped so early? Just being nasty IMO. She was on with Andy last night. He asked about her tight forehead on the reunion. She denied it. She was still TIGHT. Such a liar. Why lie about botox. THat's crazy. lol

Look forward to the next part! lol

I'm actually completely in Brianna's camp on this one. The issue, I think, was basically trying to shove Brooks down everyone's throat. Here's my thing - it's you life to lead and if you get hurt, you get hurt. But if I don't like him and don't trust him, then I'm not going to be around him. I think that is Brianna's issue. You can't force a relationship and that is what Vicki is trying to do between Brianna and Brooks. It would be different if Brianna was 12, but she is 26, married and pregnant. She does not have to have a relationship with a man who she thinks is using her mother. She can be civil to him, and in my mind, she always has been. But they are never going to be close and if Vicki wants to stay in the relationship, then she needs to accept that.

Alexis - oh, Alexis. I have said this before and I will say it again. Alexis knows the deal she made and she is miserable. But she can't stand that anyone else can see that she is miserable. The constant one-uping and talking about all the material things she has is to try and convince others, and probably herself, that she is happy. Sadly, she is learning that things don't make a person happy. She is pushing back against Jim more and more, which to me says that she really isn't completely content being under his thumb. I really wonder about that marriage in the long run. I also thought it was frickin' hilarious when she was fighting with Gretchen about something and then threw in there some comment about her hair extensions. Seriously, that's the best you can come back with? I agree that it would be better if some of this stuff happened off-screen, but I do think she can not handle anyone questioning the house of cards that she has built up.

Heather - I love her. Yes, she is a bit pretentious, but I think anyone who has that much money can be that way from time to time. I actually thought she had good points and good comments last night. No, we may not have all heard of her when she was an actress. I was a soap fan for years, so I had heard of her. But that doesn't mean you question her right off the bat. And the funny thing was it was Alexis doing the questioning - and then it was compared to Alexis telling someone that she was an anchor for the local news - which we know is not true and is such an exaggeration. Me thinks Alexis was projecting a bit there.

Gretchen - I actually thought Gretchen also made some good points last night and came off very well. Her comments to Vicki were spot on. The issue is everything I know off-camera about her - makes me question everything she says and I don't know what is true and what isn't. And wanting to have a baby with someone who can't support his kids and that you don't want to marry, that is just sad.

Tamra - not really much to say here. I don't like Tamra.

Vicki is sad. She is convincing herself she is happy. Maybe she is. But if that many people around me had problems with the guy I was with, I would at least look at it. I wouldn't automatically assume they didn't want me happy or were jealous. She cries out to me as someone who needs a man in her life to validate her. She is another one who doesn't want her house of cards to come falling down - so she is turning a blind eye to it. That is her choice. But to alienate everyone around her just to keep that blind eye turned screams desperate to me. She's not happy - she's desperate. Even keeping her head turned up all last night - she is putting on a defiant front to the world. It's going to bite her in the a**!
    AmyKay, buttahfly and jucamer like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wow, so much for being Alexis' friend, Gretchen. With a friend like that who needs enemies?

Not feeling Gretchen's looks either. She looks more and more like a transvestite with each new season. And could Heather possibly be any more high on herself? Here's hoping she doesn't return next season.
    norealityhere likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do not think that Heather is arrogant. I just think that some insecure people choose to feel threatened by her.

I see confidence and self-assuredness....something that a lot of people cannot stand!
    MsDiva2007 and jucamer like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Heather comes across to me like a woman who watched the show, formed opinions of the women on it and the way they conducted themselves, and when she was cast, came on with visions of how she was going to "fix" the cast. It seems like she wants to operate having the advantage knowing more about the other women because she's watched them, and therefore can judge them, than they can to her. With Alexis, the more I watch her, the more I think her issue with the other women is that she's as hypersensitive to criticism as Vicki is. When they were going after Vicki last night for her hypocrisy, rather than stepping back, acknowledging that maybe she'd done some things, and moving on, she kept on trying to deflect all criticism on the others. I think Alexis is doing the same things. I think that initially, Gretchen WAS being honest with her in the desire to be a good friend and help her relate to people who didn't care for her better. But instead of seeing that, Alexis got defensive. Seeing her defensive put Gretchen in more of an attack mode. Alexis has no idea how she comes across to everyone else, and when they try to tell her, instead of accepting it, she gets defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I actually liked Tamra's hair. It must be extensions.

Tamra--you cannot take the mean out of the mean girl; she forgot what she has looked like for the past twenty years

Alexis--I do not quite believe what Heather and Tamra are saying. I think store people or camera people might be a little starstruck to be talking to them and just might nod or find something they can agree with when they were soliciting bad comments about Alexis. I think Alexis did think she could talk to unreachable Tamra. I think Alexis is beautiful. And being around such cattiness will wake her up a little.

Heather--An "A" personality who was totally inflamed by Alexis who did not acknowledge her as a star. We FORT people had trouble figuring out who Heather was even with our access to google. I think she made a nice contribution to the show, but if she keeps on attacking Alexis, we are not going to think she is so nice.
    Vicki--I like one part of her; and the other part of her I think is an ass hole

Oh I still will - Alexis is dumb as a stump & deserves everything thrown at her. To stay with that neanderthal husband as long as she has says enough about her smarts. I also believe the crew and the Nordstrom folks that say she treats everyone like they are beneath her. I like Heather & think she is one of the best new cast additions in any of the RHW shows...
    KatesMom likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I do not think that Heather is arrogant. I just think that some insecure people choose to feel threatened by her.

I see confidence and self-assuredness....something that a lot of people cannot stand!
    As someone who prides myself on being confident and self-assured, I have no problem with that. But I don't get that from Heather. Her just showing up and joining in with all the finger pointing, nitpicking is more about her thinking she's above the others, not confidence, imo.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

i'm southern cali born and raised, and went to college in the bay . . . . i don't know any calians that pronounce words that way . . .

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I should have clarified -- Southern California. Although, my ex from Boston said my family from Monterey mispronounces "milk" as "melk." Yeah, Boston boy actually corrected our pronunciation.
    dustypants likes this.

+ Reply to Thread