+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2582Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I always tell my husband that he's lucky I liked myself before I met him. I'm glad he liked himself before he met me too. It means we're together because we want to be, not because we need to be. It's far easier to keep our marriage going that way than it would be if either of us desparately clung to the other one thinking it's the only way to be happy.
    Lizard likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amen!!!! !!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

AcookerTV, I think you're right on the button here about Vicki...She is desperately needy....for everything...money, success, friends, men (who love her) and her children's love. She's so desperate that she admitted she might not have gone thru with the divorce if Donn had "fought" for her....and she even had Brooks at that time she said it. She needs that extra parachute.....just in case.
    It's obvious how she must have the utmost loyalty from her friends...nothing less than true devotion is acceptable to her.
    And, like you said, she's willing to sacrifice her relationship with her daughter for Brooks...aka her desperate need. If that isn't a huge red flag, I don't know what is. Goes against all rules for motherhood. Most of us mothers cannot understand this way of thinking.

Men mostly need to have a woman in their lives. My friend explained that they do not like to be by themselves. Even if they are going fishing they want to bring someone. But I guess some women are like that.

I think Vicki is too critical. She seems to be happy only temporarily when being fed a lot of verbal garbage.

I was by myself for decades. I will attribute that too lower than average hormones and fate. Beware of the peri-menopausal hormones!
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Men mostly need to have a woman in their lives. My friend explained that they do not like to be by themselves. Even if they are going fishing they want to bring someone. But I guess some women are like that.

I think Vicki is too critical. She seems to be happy only temporarily when being fed a lot of verbal garbage.

I was by myself for decades. I will attribute that too lower than average hormones and fate. Beware of the peri-menopausal hormones!
    You are so very right! I've also noticed that quite a few men have never given themselves a chance to be alone. I, for one, enjoy my solitude and the opportunities I take to really get in touch with/know myself, and I do like the person that I've gotten to know...ME!!!! Actually, it gets on my nerves to be around people too intensively, for too long; I've got to retreat for my own peace of mind. I am, truly, my own best friend...and I'm even known to get on my OWN nerves, sometimes! I don't know how Victory stands herself, actually.
    kattatude likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know alot of women who are around Vicky & my age who need a man in their lives no matter what. One of my friends(married for 28 years) who has had a boyfriend for 15 of those years. I guess he gives her something her husband can't but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I think she is wrong & will eventually lose everything but she won't listen to a word I say. My other friend is separated from her husband for over a year, lives on a cot in her dance studio, her husband has had a girlfriend for over a year. 2 weeks ago he stopped in her dance studio & they slept together. She didn't get that by sleeping with him she basically "forgave" his affair. He screwed her in more ways than 1.

I've been single for over 8 years & quite honesty I rather enjoy being single. Cutting grass & having to run the snow blower sucks but I can watch all the reality TV I want & no one cares.

Vicky...I just don't get where her brain is. Brooks is a user or at least that is the way his character is written since I really think RHW is scripted with parts being real. Vicky is too old to be a cougar & to be a trophy wife she would need a 90 year old man & let's face it, in Orange County 90 year olds still want 20 somethings.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Oy, this reunion is brutal, at least to watch. So far, the Heather-Gretchen-Tamra couch seems more sane, but that could easily change with Part 2. Vicki needs to look up the word "hypocrite" and actually own it. She called out Slade for being a dead-beat dad (rightfully so IMHO) and took umbrage when Tamra & Brianna called out Brooks for being a dead-beat dad (also they were right IMHO). Both are/were dead-beat dads, and maybe both are working on fixing the situation. Kadooz (as Ramona would say) to either/both of them, if they are. I don't know what is up with Slade these days--don't care to dig down those details--but the preview with Brianna and Vicki at the reunion, taped only a few weeks back, seems to indicate that Brianna still has issues with Brooks so maybe he isn't so good with his "extra" child. Or maybe Brianna has taken leave of her seven year's worth of common sense and is just being reactionary. My bet is on the former, rather than the latter. But really, I don't hate Vicki, I just feel sorry for her. There's something about the mentality of a grown woman with a successful career "needing" a man emotionally that is just pathetic.

All the Alexis nonsense was FF material for me. She should be axed from the show for someone who speaks standard English. She makes Gretchen's & Tamra's weird accents (it may be a SoCal thing, it may be implants, or it may be too much Botox) sound normal. Katie who?

FORT Newbie
    Reunion, part 1:
    Tamra looked 50, picked a really bad makeup artist, and appeared in a Dolly Pardon wig!!!

Vicki, is trying to keep her temper, and looks surprisingly good.

Jugs for Jesus doesn't have a brain cell or a backbone

Gretchen lies as bad as the rest

Heather thinks she is above anyone
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

For me, Reunion Part I:

Tamra - I liked how she started the season, i.e. a middle-aged woman starting over and becoming her own woman. I hated how she became. Demanding everyone behave to her own likings, jumping right back in to another marriage, too easily dismissive of friendships. She fights with everyone, and I don't believe any of her relationships are genuine. Was a fan, no longer a fan. And, her hair was AWFUL. The guest on WWL said it was reminiscent of the Lawrence Welk show....or something like that. He was right.

Vicki - Got a dose of her own medicine. She dished it out about Slace and now needs to take it about Brook. I go up and down with Vicki. In the end, I weigh in on the like side more often than not, but I'm reserving final judgment until part 2 of the reunion.

Alexis - I am of the belief that the others push her buttons in an attempt to help her. They pity her more than anything and try to help. Unfortunately, they just do it poorly and in front of the cameras.

Gretchen - Although I think she is prettier for it, she sure does seem to have had a lot of facial work done over the years.

Heather - She is a good addition. I do not see the arrogance some see. I see a very smart and direct woman who adhers to her own very clear way of life. She isn't a braggert, I don't see her as condescending, etc. She is just smart, clear, and direct. I like her a lot - her husband too.

Of all these women, I worry most about Alexis. Neither she nor Jim have the smarts to maintain a business long-term. Heather is my new favorite, but I think I will always have a soft-spot for Vicki (I find her to be fascinating).
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-11-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Didn't notice Tamra, Gretchen or Alexis' accents...probably because I'm a native So Cal girl!

Poor Vicki is just a needy obsessive woman...she's obsessive about her men, her business, her demands and rules for her friends and I think this obsessive need in all of those things prevents her enjoying what she does or has.

Tamra's hair looked awful. She's too little to wear that much hair....Dolly Parton can get away with it but it's not for Tamra.

I think Heather is border-line arrogant but I don't think she's cruel or unkind.

Vicki forgets that it was just this season at Tamra's '80's party that she screamed at Gretchen about Slade and his child support issues...she claimed that it was last year.
    When they spoke about the mink coat, Vicki said something (sorry, can't remember exactly what) that seemed to indicate that the coat was just for the night....all I remember is that she used the past tense when speaking about it.

And yes, Alexis is dumber than a rock. Ol' Jimbo knew how to pick 'em....good looking, great body, fertile woman, dumb and submissive. He knew exactly what he wanted. And sorry to be mean, but I just don't buy his super religious actions.

Actually, I don't think I'd buy anything this man is selling.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread