+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 370 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree2603Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

That's true, but the banks have to take some of the credit, or blame as it were.

I believe that this could have happened with the Bellino's bank.

ITA that the banks need to take some of the blame, too.
    However, in the case of Jim Bellino, sleazebag to the max, I'm granmting him the major share of the blame.
    The guy is not one of the thousands out there who knew nothing about the RE market. He knew fully well what he was doing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by run4cures;4059733;
    I believe YOU! And I believe the Bellinos. We own a home in SoCal and asked our broker about refinancing to lower the interest rate (we bought when rates were higher then they are today).

He told us that banks will not refi a loan that is in good standing. We owe half of what it was just appraised for so plenty of equity and we have never missed or even been late on a payment.

The banks know that they have the income (payments being made on time) with no chance of getting that house back (due to foreclosure) so why would they want to lower your payments?

Now I do not agree with doing what the Bellinos did, NOT making payments, but it's true that that is the only way the banks will talk to you.
    I wouldn't believe any thing that the Bellinos say. They are both con artists. I'm sure that many of their scams are run within the legal limits of the law, though. I googled Jim today and I couldn't find anything about him that sounds like he's on the up and up. Maybe I didn't go back far enough. Lone sharking and FBI sting are two of the things that show up the most (yes, old news). They are crooks hiding behind the thin veil of being good, born again christians. Yeah, yeah THEM and everyone on death row!

They're now airing the first season of OC on NBC - parent company to Bravo.
    I only caught first episode. Slade was with Jo, then, I guess. I never watched the first couple of seasons.
    It's interesting to see a Tamra free show.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4060724;
    They're now airing the first season of OC on NBC - parent company to Bravo.
    I only caught first episode. Slade was with Jo, then, I guess. I never watched the first couple of seasons.
    It's interesting to see a Tamra free show.
    I wathced it too, norealityhere. It's amazing to see how much younger thay all looked. It's only been six years!

What I thought spoke volumes was Lauri's very first words right out the gate throwing Josh and Ashley under the bus. Josh looked so young and so lost. Lauri, of course, was out partying - Man, that woman can't dance!

Found this video from just the other day. All Lauri talked about when asked about the Housewives going into syndication was how she will look back and regret some of the fashion she chose...no mention whatsoever about regretting what she did to Ashley and especially, Josh. Interesting.

Lauri peterson (real housewives) interview at celebrity catwalk 2010 | CelebWall.net

So telling to revisit Slade with Greyson and his other son, bragging about how much money he had, what a great dad he was, and Jeana doing the same, was profound in terms of where they are today. Yep, like cream, truth eventually rises to the top. :nono
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

By the time I started watching the show, she'd already exited. I only saw her in the season finale party scenes. The impression I got from those brief glimpses was pretty much what Oompaloopa upthread has indicated. She seems overly concerned with "me, me, me", fashion, partying, and botox.
    It will be interesting to see how things play out on this 1st season.

I'm just glad it's Tamra free.

FORT Newbie

I started watching the OC women during the second season, so these season 1 episodes are all new to me.

My comments are about Shane. I felt sorry for his brother (can't remember his name) when they did the dune buggy thing. Shane was such a jerk and I had to snicker when the younger one beat his time. Also, not going to his graduation because he couldn't be bothered to pick up that "fake" piece of paper since he was so sure he was going to be a big baseball star was funny too (then he didn't get picked until the 32nd round of the draft). Lastly, the kid had no personality at all, which was actually mentioned by one of the girls in the Cabo scene. In subsequent seasons his lack of personality was always apparent to me and I didn't find him to be the least bit attractive, even though some on the boards found him to be really hot. Looks just don't compensate for dull, boring and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie010;4060966;
    I started watching the OC women during the second season, so these season 1 episodes are all new to me.

My comments are about Shane. I felt sorry for his brother (can't remember his name) when they did the dune buggy thing. Shane was such a jerk and I had to snicker when the younger one beat his time. Also, not going to his graduation because he couldn't be bothered to pick up that "fake" piece of paper since he was so sure he was going to be a big baseball star was funny too (then he didn't get picked until the 32nd round of the draft). Lastly, the kid had no personality at all, which was actually mentioned by one of the girls in the Cabo scene. In subsequent seasons his lack of personality was always apparent to me and I didn't find him to be the least bit attractive, even though some on the boards found him to be really hot. Looks just don't compensate for dull, boring and dumb.
    And mean, mean, mean and disrepectful to his mother!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4060790;
    I wathced it too, norealityhere. It's amazing to see how much younger thay all looked. It's only been six years!
    And they ALL now have that same look: the long, long hair (extensions?), the eyebrows arched to their scalp, the shiny, unlined facial skin pulled tightly, whatever it is that's going on with their lips to look strange/puffy and the gobs of makeup.

They all start out very attractive and soon become wax figures of themselves that belong in Madame Tussadus museum. At least, I thought they all looked so good and natural in the begining. All the Housewives, from every city.
    Makes you realize why you don't want to become a celeb.

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;4060056;
    The bolded part is totally incorrect. You can refi for any reason, and you don't have to go back through your lender. I would consult a broker, or go to another bank.

Technically, yes you can, however, most homeowners in this country don't have the ability to do so. Home values have dropped so dramatically that the only way you can refi is by paying down a large balance of what you owe now, which no one can afford to do. Reason being, banks can only lend a certain percentage of your house value to you, so if you refi when your home value has falling but you owe more - you're going to have to do a large paydown. Hardly anyone can afford to do that paydown, which brings your only option to try and get your bank to do a modification. The large banks don't care much about their customers to do this, or are so short staffed that they just don't have the ability to look at a loan to do that. Smaller community banks will usually help their mortgage clients.

I do believe the Bellino's on that issue. But, I also believe they put themselves in over their head. People that have that much money in their lives can alter their way of living to be able to keep afloat. Unfortunately they don't and then it's too late. She could have saved having to work the system and ruin their credit!

+ Reply to Thread