+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2463Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Peg
    FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Not only do they have the hair extensions but they have the same style. Reminds me of The Grand Ole Opry hairstyles.

These women are totally ridiculous but there's a bunch just like them in So Cal......w/the hair extensions, the french manicure (out of fashion now), the heavy makeup, the constant wearing of heels...even w/shorts....at the beach!!... etc, etc. And yes, everyone of them walks around thinking they are unique....hahahaha

Vicki can't see who/what Brooks is...she's blinded by love..actually incredible need that will never be enough.
    I think that's why her anger was ignited so fast and reached a really excessive level.....Vicki is definitely no dummy....somewhere inside, she knows who/what Brooksie is.

The PETA/mink thing is surely a cover up for Brook's tacky rental coat.
    As opposed to many people, I don't like anything about Vicki, except that she provides me with great entertainment and constant astonishment. Same goes for her lady friends.
    OceanView likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    These women are totally ridiculous but there's a bunch just like them in So Cal......w/the hair extensions, the french manicure (out of fashion now), the heavy makeup, the constant wearing of heels...even w/shorts....at the beach!!... etc, etc. And yes, everyone of them walks around thinking they are unique....hahahaha

Vicki can't see who/what Brooks is...she's blinded by love..actually incredible need that will never be enough.
    I think that's why her anger was ignited so fast and reached a really excessive level.....Vicki is definitely no dummy....somewhere inside, she knows who/what Brooksie is.

The PETA/mink thing is surely a cover up for Brook's tacky rental coat.
    As opposed to many people, I don't like anything about Vicki, except that she provides me with great entertainment and constant astonishment. Same goes for her lady friends.
    I cannot believe Vicki's blindness to Brook either. Catch the 20/20 interview with one of Brook's exes. The one with the little boy that he doesn't even go and see. How can Vicki overlook this? She is disgusting!!!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I was on the fence about Brooks, but that 20/20 report is pretty damning. No wonder Brianna's putting her foot down on this.
    Oops. I just posted about 20/20, not reading first that it was already brought up. But boy I must say, after watching it I truly can't stand Vicki, even more than before. Can't wait for the Finale when she is confronted by all!!! She better show up! And to think how she went after Slade, she is so two faced. (Not that Slade didn't deserve it!)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mtlgrl View Post
    I would think the party was set up by Bravo and no actual invitations are given. They invite who whey want and watch the drama unfold lol
    Sorry if this was told already, but Alexis said she did not invite Sarah, that Sarah had an invite and just called to ride with her. So Bravo definitely set that invite up since she doesn't know the hosts. And also, Terry text Jim to come join them at the party, the copy of the message was on the Stoopid Housewives board, so it wasn't like Jim just popped in on his own.

FORT Fanatic

It made my skin crawl when Jim said to Alexis, "Oh so you are wearing the pants of the house now?" Or something like that. OMG, I got sick to my stomach. And her face when he said it.
    Punkin and Jexter like this.

Ok I am clueless who this Sarah person is. I haven't really watched much. I started watching "the socail version" but had to stop. Geezey weezy these women wear more make-up that a Holland Tunnel hooker, dresses are way too short, tight & low cut given some of their ages. What is up with all of those feathers??
    Did I hear correctly...Brookes bought Vicky a fur coat but is behins on child support??? Of course Vicky could have paid for the coat herself. IDR Slade buying Gretchen a fur coat.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Just came across this:
    octamrab | eBay

Sorry but who would ever want to buy Tammy Sue's used bathing suit & work out clothes???? Skeeve!
    OceanView likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I have to respectfully take issue with your contention that there is a distinct California accent. Neither I nor any native Northern Californian I know would ever pronounce friends, best or sale in the way you describe. Frankly I was surprised to read that Tamra is a California native. Perhaps there is a distinctive Southern Californian accent. I wouldn’t know about that. (Of course "Valley Girl Speak" is fairly recent and a whole different subject.)

Many, many years ago I read an article in Reader’s Digest, written by some linguist, who made the claim that people from the San Francisco Bay Area have no distinctive regional accent. He claimed that national news anchors and film stars who wanted to rid themselves of a regional accent would study the pronunciation as spoken in the Bay Area. Of course, the Reader’s Digest is very of dubious authority and this was 50 years ago. Perhaps it is no longer true, if it ever was. Due to immigration from many regions it probably has changed in 50 years.

But, I guess what I am trying to say is that “California” is not one big homogeneous state. We have a North vs South rivalry. I would draw that line at Anaheim (just south of LA) because by many standards Orange County is very different than the rest of us, especially in politics, and perhaps in pronunciation as well. I wouldn’t know.

My point, if there is one,….. I forgot,…. Oh, is that Tamra is not representitave of this great state! :>)

BTW, thanks for the link to SNL's Californians skit. Too funny. Never get to watch SNL anymore 'cause I can't stay up that late.
    Being a native San Franciscan, I completely agree with you. Tamra may have some sort of "valley girl" accent but valley girls from the southern part of the state. Many people that live in southern CA are not native Californians.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I cannot believe Vicki's blindness to Brook either. Catch the 20/20 interview with one of Brook's exes. The one with the little boy that he doesn't even go and see. How can Vicki overlook this? She is disgusting!!!!
    You must be talking about his "extra" child as he spoke of him....that just floors me!! Extra child....sheesh!!
    Vicki needs a white cane and a seeing eye dog fast!!

I thought I'd seen everything but now seeing Tamra's old cast-off clothes on Ebay, tops it all! Ick.
    Guess she needs the $$...badly.

Although I was horrified by Jim's words to Alexis, I wasn't surprised....good thing she said "thank you, babe" when he stopped the car to let her get in....otherwise she could have been in deep Stepford Wife doo-doo. But Alexis knows her place in Jim's life and behaves accordingly. So sad.
    jucamer and OceanView like this.

+ Reply to Thread