+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2577Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I now have Netflix $8.00 a month streaming and have thousands of really interesting documentaries to choose from. So I'm balancing out the garbage with stimulating learning opportunities.
    Brief thread hijack for a fellow documentary nerd. I highly recommend Werner Herzog's "Encounters and the End of the World" and "My Best Fiend." And of course one of my favorite documentaries of all time, "The Times of Harvey Milk." Then again, if you're from SF, you've probably seen that. :-)
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Ok, so the cake thing was the worst scripted episode in a very long time. Another pathetic woman clawing her way onto the HW stage. Poor Sarah, when Bravo went over her talking points, she didn't realize they were setting her up to be on the stage for only a few minutes at a time, and not very often.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Ok, so the cake thing was the worst scripted episode in a very long time.
    I'm very sure you're right about it being scripted, and very badly at that....but I loved it.
    Give me OTT bad behavior anytime with these "ladies."
    norealityhere likes this.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Isn't Sarah the gal who dated Jeana's ungrateful baseball playing son?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Or did Brooks buy that with their joint account? It probably fell off a truck - if he can't afford dental care he can't afford a fur coat. Unless it was fake.

Even ruder is Alexis showing up with an uninvited guest who looks like a hooker. And then touching the $500 cake. Oh boy...

Also I thought Kara looked beautiful.
    Kara did look beautiful, but I didn't like her confrontational personality. I don't remember her being that way before.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    Kara did look beautiful, but I didn't like her confrontational personality. I don't remember her being that way before.
    I remember her being that way.....she's better than her older brother but those kids were awful...probably still are....the youngest boy seemed ok when I last saw him but it wouldn't surprise me if he was a rude, outspoken, spoiled kid like his siblings. Kara is beautiful and she acted fine on the episode but seems to be the opposite of her doormat-mother, personality-wise.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought confronting Tamra was fine, considering what had happened. I thought Tamra's tears were full of crap, her being unable to say "yeah I was wrong, and I'm sorry" and explain her reasoning without attempting to make you feel bad for confronting her. I thought Kara's reaction to her was great, I thought she handled herself well in the conversation. I admit I didn't like the rain coat thing, it was juvenile. But she's a kid!

Briana remains my favorite person on the entire show.

Sarah was drunk and being an idiot. She shouldn't have broken off the small piece of the cake. But Heather's reaction was ridiculously over the top, and I don't understand why the heck Vicki and Tamra were even there. Once Sarah apologized, it should have been over. Kicking someone out of a party over something like that is absurd and not being a gracious host at all. I actually thought Alexis handled it well, she knew her friend was drunk, and what good ever comes of arguing with a drunk person? None. She wanted the situation to end, but Heather wanted to get to scold her a while longer.

I'm not really buying the whole "Alexis was rude for bringing this guest uninvited" thing. No one would question it if she were Alexis's date. Jeana and Kara were there and Heather didn't even know Jeana. We've seen other women bring friends to these events when their husbands couldn't or wouldn't attend with them, and it was never rude then. The behavior of the guest was rude, but that's not on Alexis.
    livin4reality and sparklete like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm of the belief that you don't bring an univited guest to a function unless you clear it with the host/hostess, first. If your invitation says "+1", that's a different story. I'd be curious to know what the invitation said. And if Alexis brought her, Alexis should depart with her. Alexis was responsible for the behavior of Alexis's "guest". You just don't allow a person to come to what you think is an important function in your home and proceed to show their behind, and to disrespect you on your own turf.

We teach people HOW to treat us. Just anything is not A-OK.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would think the party was set up by Bravo and no actual invitations are given. They invite who whey want and watch the drama unfold lol

I disagree that Alexis handled Sarah's behavior well. I liked that she wanted it to be dealt with quietly and not make a huge scene like the "ladies" did. But she never once admitted that Sarah did anything wrong...she just wanted it to be over and was trying to get Heather (who was wildly OTT) to stop.
    She could have just quietly said, I'm sorry, she's drunk, she behaved badly at your party but then where's the drama in that??!!

I agree that Bravo sets up the guest list...and that's exactly why Sarah was there, why Jenna was there and her daughter, Kara. Didn't I see some of the Housewives other kids there besides Briana? (Sorry...I get everyone mixed up at times.) Did I see Tamra's son or was it Vicki's son?? Neither one seems like someone Heather would invite, nor can I see them wanting to be there.

And, most importantly, how did Heather just happen to have an Oreo to hand Sarah?? Didn't seem like a party where Oreos would be offered.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread