+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 355 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree2359Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

A Note from Alexis...

Media Misquotes Modification Facts 9/06/10

I find it necessary to clear up any misunderstandings regarding our loan modification as the media has (once again inaccurately) blown this out of proportion. Last year at this time I tried talking to our bank about a loan modification and they told me that if you are current, "we won't talk to you". In January of 2010 I made the decision to stop making payments so my bank would talk to me.
    Dishonorable, IMHO.

In April they did, and I submitted a loan modification package. The bank didn't make me an offer to modify my loan until August.The fact is if the bank would talk to people before being late on your mortgage, we wouldn't have to go through this mess.
    She admits to purposely defaulting to strong arm the bank. But it's the bank's fault.

One press outlet misquoted and said that I said "Im not going to throw good money after bad, it's just not good business". What I said is that if you can't afford your payment then you should short sale or do a deed in leiu of forclosure because it's simply not good business to throw good money after bad. A lot of Americans are waiting for their banks to call them back and before long they find themselves in forclosure. The fact is that our government gave us a "PLAN TO MODIFY", so why are the banks not talking to us unless we stop making payments? I have successfully negotiated my modification and you can to!!! But make no mistake, I am having to pay over $25,000 in penalties and late fees just because my bank wouldn't talk to me when I was current.
    Wah wah wah. Meanwhile, your short sale and deeds in lieu of are driving down the cost of houses in your area, and with it your neighbours' equity. Some of your neighbours can pay the bills they voluntarily agreed to pay.

Being proactive about your finances doesn't mean your broke or bankrupt, it's simply good business. Am I the only one having these problems with the bank?

Your thoughts?
    Being proactive about your finances means getting a fixed rate mortgage for way less than you can actually afford so that when the bad times come (you've proactively planned for them, haven't you?) you can still ride them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;4056476;
    Alexis Bellino - The New Real Housewife of Orange County

Looks like Jim needs to take a spelling class or hit spell check. Glad they didn't lose their home. Others say the same thing how banks don't return calls for the purpose to collect late fees and penalties. Some banks are flat out stealing people’s homes.
    I, for one, do not believe that Alexis, classic airhead, had anything whatsoever to do with dealing with her bank and her mortgage. This was all her husband's doing. His fingerprints are all over this.

Alexis has more pressing duties to attend to: making sure she looks as good as her husband demands, including major surgery, which probably takes up a lot of time, w/hair, body, nails, clothes, appointments, etc. No wonder she has two nannies! I'll never believe she has any idea what their financial state is at any given moment. She must be so very insecure to spend so much time and effort to make herself into a Stepford Wife for her utterly disgusting sleazeball of a husband. How do guys like him ever get the inflated ego he has???? I'll never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4058187;
    I, for one, do not believe that Alexis, classic airhead, had anything whatsoever to do with dealing with her bank and her mortgage. This was all her husband's doing. His fingerprints are all over this.

Alexis has more pressing duties to attend to: making sure she looks as good as her husband demands, including major surgery, which probably takes up a lot of time, w/hair, body, nails, clothes, appointments, etc. No wonder she has two nannies! I'll never believe she has any idea what their financial state is at any given moment. She must be so very insecure to spend so much time and effort to make herself into a Stepford Wife for her utterly disgusting sleazeball of a husband. How do guys like him ever get the inflated ego he has???? I'll never understand that.
    OH, I totally agree with what you said dragonlady especially Jim having his fingerprints all over their nasty ordeal. I also don't think Alexis had any knowledge regarding it; either that or Jim was reassuring her everything was OK. Jim seems to be the type to hide and lie about this sort of thing; a low-level and shrewd "businessmen" who is heartless when it comes to $ and how he is perceived.

I know of three decent, hardworking people who are in jeopardy of losing their homes without any fault of their own. Two men lost their jobs, (one going on two years) and another who has health issues that prevents her from working. I have heard their horror stories how difficult the banks are to work with, and how they “don't” return their calls. These people are frantically trying to save their homes but the banks don't care. These same accusations are reported frequently in the news how banks are not cooperating by strategically not responding to the homeowners calls. It benefits the banks – bailed out banks!! Brian Williams and many other media outlets have relayed stories about this particular “tactic” major lenders are using to confiscate homes or rack up enormous fees.

That being said, Jim Bellino is hiding something but it's no longer comes as a surprise with any of them, in fact, it's almost a given that eventually the truth about what goes on in the real lives of these people. Just put a computer in the hands of many of us FORT members, a little creativity and inquisitiveness and it’s only a matter of time before the truth is unfolded – it’s only a mouse click away.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Joh Hamm said it best.....

“It has been proven over and over in the current media landscape, it doesn’t take much for them to put you on TV,” he notes. “If that’s all you want, you can be on ‘The Bachelor‘ or ‘The Real Housewives‘ or whatever show just wants oversized personalities, ridiculous behavior, and zero dignity.”
    Jon Hamm: Reality-TV Is For Fame-Seekers With 'Zero Dignity' | Fancast News

FORT Fogey

I sort of agree with Jon Hamm but then again, I read somewhere (a quote by a famous actor .... can't recall who, though) where all actors are, to some degree or another, fame whores. After all, they are on a stage asking people to watch them. It's part of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4058785;
    I sort of agree with Jon Hamm but then again, I read somewhere (a quote by a famous actor .... can't recall who, though) where all actors are, to some degree or another, fame whores. After all, they are on a stage asking people to watch them. It's part of the package.
    The difference, IMO, is reality show people, especially the Housewives is about the casts real lives and their kids. A-list movie stars are responding to a "scripted" roll.

Some viewers speculate the Housewives shows are scripted but any scripted roll is a result of the cast member who writes his/her own segment - what they want the viewer to believe about them. On WWHL with Andy Cohen, the topic about scripting is brought up often when the Housewives are his guests and they all have stated the show is not scripted, at least the ones I have watched, and I have watched almost all of them. However, many Housewives complain about editing. That, I can agree upon.

For those who are interested, the OC Housewives daily syndication begins this Monday, Sept 13th. The first 5 seasons of OC will be featured.
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 09-11-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Oh Lordy I don't believe I am about to say this but I tend to believe the Bellinos. Don't you all dare to throw rotten apples at me either

I know from personal experience with dealing with a big name bank (BANK OF AMERICA). My credit card was stolen from my purse & used by a former friend to pay back income taxes. The card was put back into my purse so I never knew until the next month's statement arrived. I called to report this to those blood suckers(BANK OF AMERICA) who advertize customer protection. I went & made a police report which was declined by BOA. They kept promising to investigate the matter, never happened, while I continued to pay the bill.

After 3 years of me paying & paying & paying those bloodsuckers & my balances never went down. Blood sucking BANK OF AMERICA raised my interest rate from 6.9% to 36.9% eventhough I made every payment on time. They raised my freaking interest atre BECAUSE I reported my card as stolen.

After 3 years of fighting with BANK OF AMERICA I was told by a senior executive to the CEO of BANK OF AMERICA to stop paying on the cards & they would work-out a solution to this mess. They admitted they agreed that the charge was fraud. Did they work-out a settlement with me...NOPE!!!

So yea...I can see jim's point. Banks lie to you. I had perfect credit before all of this. Wonder if the Bellinos bank was Bank Of America???

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4059456;
    Oh Lordy I don't believe I am about to say this but I tend to believe the Bellinos. Don't you all dare to throw rotten apples at me either

<snip for space>

So yea...I can see jim's point. Banks lie to you. I had perfect credit before all of this. Wonder if the Bellinos bank was Bank Of America???
    I believe YOU! And I believe the Bellinos. We own a home in SoCal and asked our broker about refinancing to lower the interest rate (we bought when rates were higher then they are today).

He told us that banks will not refi a loan that is in good standing. We owe half of what it was just appraised for so plenty of equity and we have never missed or even been late on a payment.

The banks know that they have the income (payments being made on time) with no chance of getting that house back (due to foreclosure) so why would they want to lower your payments?

Now I do not agree with doing what the Bellinos did, NOT making payments, but it's true that that is the only way the banks will talk to you.

Have no idea of who their bank is, but I have always banked with B of A and have found them to be 1 of the better banks out there.
    And, since so much of thi downturn in the economy was due to speculative buyers like the Bellinos as opposed to legitimate and needy buyers, I really cannot side with the Bellinis. People like them, with their ridiculous interest only loans, reidiculously low ARM's, etc. have done way more to create this crisis, esp, in the So Cal market.
    Sorry, but that's my opinion. I don't approve bailouts for people like these.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by run4cures;4059733;
    I believe YOU! And I believe the Bellinos. We own a home in SoCal and asked our broker about refinancing to lower the interest rate (we bought when rates were higher then they are today).

He told us that banks will not refi a loan that is in good standing. We owe half of what it was just appraised for so plenty of equity and we have never missed or even been late on a payment.

The banks know that they have the income (payments being made on time) with no chance of getting that house back (due to foreclosure) so why would they want to lower your payments?

Now I do not agree with doing what the Bellinos did, NOT making payments, but it's true that that is the only way the banks will talk to you.
    The bolded part is totally incorrect. You can refi for any reason, and you don't have to go back through your lender. I would consult a broker, or go to another bank.

+ Reply to Thread