+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1454Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I wonder if Heather comes across as that pretentious with women who are more like her. It appears right now that her life - background, education, money, etc - is real. We know the other women are faking it. So is Heather condescending because they are pretending to be what she really is? Or is she always like that?

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I wonder if Heather comes across as that pretentious with women who are more like her. It appears right now that her life - background, education, money, etc - is real. We know the other women are faking it. So is Heather condescending because they are pretending to be what she really is? Or is she always like that?
    I get the feeling that's how she talks / acts all the time. She's lucky her husband is easygoing, as she can be really condescending with him, too.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

In the previews,for whatever reason, Vicki had on no makeup. I, personally feel she looked better.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like smart people, and I think Heather is one! I don't get the impression that she is all caught up in her wealth, which is why she can sit back and observe. She does enjoy her blessings....and that's a good thing.
    Jexter, mayamaisha and SugarMama like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

If Gretchen is worried about having children before it's too late, then she can always freeze her eggs and use them when she's actually found Mr. Right. If she waits for Slade, she may be waiting a looooonnnggg time.

FORT Fogey

I like Heather. I feel bad that her Hollywood career never became more than it is. I get the feeling she took this show as the next best thing. She gets that it's the next best thing and is maybe a little sad about it, but also greatful.

It could just be me, but I sense that some of the members of RHOC are getting a bit stale and are intentionally creating drama to make themselves more interesting.

.....mostly Tamra and Alexis. Vicki and Gretchen have real issues that are keeping their story lines a bit interesting for me.
    Last edited by Jexter; 06-01-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freefragrance View Post
    If Gretchen is worried about having children before it's too late, then she can always freeze her eggs and use them when she's actually found Mr. Right. If she waits for Slade, she may be waiting a looooonnnggg time.
    Doing
    The freezing of the eggs would certainly help one issue: difficulty in becoming pregnant at an older age but the one thing that can't do is allow her to have/raise children at a younger age. I know it can certainly be done and is done all the time but personally, I was very glad I had mine at a young age when I had tons of energy.
    Just being a grandmother can wear me out sometimes.
    mayamaisha likes this.

If she really wants kids, then time is important. I did not know she was 34. Two years ago she looked 27. (But thanks to the special makesup she sells )

I would not want to go into the exercise business unless it is videos or something with a lower money and time investment.
    You can do it!

I could not even imagine waiting until I was in my late 30's or early 40's to have my children. I seriously doubt I would be able to handle going through menopause & those wicked 'tween/teen years. I had my kids at 22 & 27. Then again I had a hystrectomy at 40 so I went into instant menopasue. The beginning was tough.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Regular

Did anyone see that episode of Pregnant in Heels where a woman had her eggs frozen in her 30's until she found Mr. Right - and she did at 39, and got pregnant at 40 and married, with child. Her little insurance.

I think it's great when someone can find that special one to have a child in their 20's, but there are many who don't find that special person until their 30's, and life isn't so easy or straightforward just to "bring" kids into the world. I would be hesitant to have kids with someone like Slade, who definitely isn't ready financially to raise another child. Plus how come we don't see his child/children? Does he spend no time with them?

I am one of the latter who didn't find my "prince" until later in life, married at 33...but couldn't have our first until I was 38 and with a little help. It's not too late for Gretchen, but she is WISE not to want to rush into having kids with her boyfriend. She would even be wiser to seriously think if he is the type of father she wants for her future kid/kids...nothing against the guy.

+ Reply to Thread