+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1433Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Count me in the camp that likes Heather ... for now. If she continues on the show, it would not surprise me if as she gets more comfortable being one of the women, she becomes more back-stabbing. But as the new girl, I like how she carries herself. She obviously understands that being on the show, she needs to make herself available to socialize with the other women, and has done quite a bit of it. But in her interviews, she still talks about herself as a bit of an outsider, taking it all in. I also like that she was not going to say anything to Alexis about the tension between them, but when Alexis tried to bring it up and then promptly sweep it under the rug, she acted like a grown up and said "No, since you brought it up, lets deal with it". I like the way she confronts something MUCH more than the screaching attacking hyena that Tamara becomes.
    prhoshay, Coco46 and sparklete like this.

Vicky, Victoria, Victory...not really sure what your name is. To say you failed as a mother because Briana decided to elope is a HUGE disservice to Briana. She is a beautiful, intelligent & successful young woman who made a decision to marry a man she loves who served his country. You should be proud to call Ryan your son-in-law!!! So what...she didn't give you YOUR Barbie dream wedding!!! You can have your own when you marry Brooks or remarry Donn. Did any of you catch that remark at the end???

I am actually kind of liking Heather, the rest of the cast...meh. I believe Alexis is going to be the sacrifical lamb this season. In all honesty the woman is as dumb as a doorknob unless that is they way her character is "cast", one blonde overly tanned, over botoxed HUGE fake boobs...check. Have any of you checked her "dress" line? She has a total of 2...yes count them 2 dresses in 2 colors that sell in the $100 range. I did not know "coture" could be bought so reasonably priced. I know she had another line up there but after the 1st look I stopped. Thing with me is...why do you have photos of only you in your clothing??? I doubt the vast majority of women in this country have your body shape. I never recall seeing Michael Kors wearing any of his designs in his advertising. I believe they use professional models for that sort of thing.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Alexis has brought her own problems on herself with what she says and her general behavior. If you don't want anyone to comment on what you and yours do, keep your business to yourself. Some people just talk too much. You can see them making mental notes in their heads...and that's bound to bounce back on you, eventually.
    momrek06 and KatesMom like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think Alexis has brought her own problems on herself with what she says and her general behavior. If you don't want anyone to comment on what you and yours do, keep your business to yourself. Some people just talk too much. You can see them making mental notes in their heads...and that's bound to bounce back on you, eventually.
    THIS^^^

While I have not seen this week's epi yet too busy with the 'Hatfields & McCoy's"

But this is what I have been saying forever with Alexis she.has.no.filter. at all.

She almost brags more than talks.

And then when confronted with the stupid things she says that may not even be true she back pedals and plays the victim.
    prhoshay likes this.
    KAREN

I thought Gretchen was being very honest, but not at all unkind to Alexis when she was trying to gently explain why the others might think she is fake and/or pretentious. But nooooooooo, in Alexis' eyes, Gretchen was just joining the others in stabbing her in the back!

One of the reasons I don't think these shows are exactly scripted, is that some of the cast are just too stupid to follow a script. Alexis, Teresa. I do think most, if not all of the situations are staged though
    momrek06 and Prism like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    THIS^^^

While I have not seen this week's epi yet … too busy with the 'Hatfields & McCoy's"

But this is what I have been saying forever with Alexis … she.has.no.filter. at all.

She almost brags more than talks.

And then when confronted with the stupid things she says that may not even be true she back pedals and plays the victim.
    Super True! I don't feel sorry for Alexis at all! She is in the process of learning some of life's very difficult lessons........now, lets see if she is capable of learning.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think that Gretchen pretty much nailed it on the head with Alexis yesterday. I think Alexis has two big problems. First, she accepts everything she's told at face value, never thinking about it at all. So if Jim tells her that buying expensive cars is an investment, she believes it. She doesn't question why everyone else says cars go down in value - she just trusts Jim. She trusts anything she hears, especially if it is something that works out well for her. Second, she is incredibly insecure. She has this desparate need for people's approval, and is willing to do or say anything to earn it. Put the two together, and Alexis assumes that people believe what she says too. So when she tells people she lives this fantastic amazing life, she assumes they will believe her and be impressed, giving her the approval she so desparately needs.
    mayamaisha and Prism like this.

Do you know what they call the wives of men who pretend to be wealthy "art & car dealers"? Defendants & possibly felons if they signed tax returns. I have yet to hear anyone making a profit on a newer model BMW or Bently. Those cars lose well over 1/3 of their values the minute you drive them off the lot. Jim gets "special deals", sure he does Alexis. Believe that all you want. I am thinking more along the lines that he leases your cars for the time you are shooting RHWOC. You can be as clueless as you want but remember you are just as legally responsible as Jim for any shady business dealings. All you need to do is look north a bit at someone called Taylor Armstrong.
    Prism likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Count me in the camp that likes Heather ... for now. If she continues on the show, it would not surprise me if as she gets more comfortable being one of the women, she becomes more back-stabbing. But as the new girl, I like how she carries herself. She obviously understands that being on the show, she needs to make herself available to socialize with the other women, and has done quite a bit of it. But in her interviews, she still talks about herself as a bit of an outsider, taking it all in. I also like that she was not going to say anything to Alexis about the tension between them, but when Alexis tried to bring it up and then promptly sweep it under the rug, she acted like a grown up and said "No, since you brought it up, lets deal with it". I like the way she confronts something MUCH more than the screaching attacking hyena that Tamara becomes.
    I love Heather - for the RH show - but would despise her if she was my neighbor. She's a haughty little snot, but smart and witty; for example, she said her castmates would just love bowling (you know, that entirely low class lowlife sport) but they wouldn't recognize the very costly champagne she provided when she hosted bowling night. She will always set herself apart as somewhat of an outsider, b/c gawd knows, she's not just your simpleminded average half-rich RH; and, too, she has an actual history as an actress. She can keep her cool as the ultrasuperior RH who has more money, a larger and more costly very special very custom home, more talent, better upbringing, more wealthy and better educated husband, blah blah blah. Superior Heather. Period.

She can buy and sell the bunch of them with her pocket change, and they kiss her ring for that. She will keep these women in their places, and keep the laughs coming from viewers.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Heather and her money would really fit in better with the Beverly Hills housewives

+ Reply to Thread