+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Poor Heather is being held back by her husband. Just imagine where she would be without him.
    OK, I have to ask...are you talking about Alexis or Heather? Heather's husband is very supportive of what she has done and who she is. Alexis's husband is the underminer. I'm not sure Alexis would be too terribly further without that "anvil", Jim, attached to her ankle; she seems like the kind of late bloomer who needed challenges to get to where she seems to be approaching. A lot of times, that comes with age and maturity and not being in denial about whom you see yourself to be. I love to see women discover themselves but, for me, she is still in the "idiot category" right now.
    jucamer likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Dang, I love these nicknames...lol. What's Tamra's nickname? Shamra?
    At times I think it should be. The thing about Tamra, IMO, is that she just plain does not know any better. The episodes showing her in Ohio with her family were striking. They are a bawdy bunch of lowbrows, poorly educated and strangely socialized. A family dinner was shown, where they traded scummy sex jokes about one another, and it looked like a family tradition- absolutely no intellect, no socially acceptable interaction to speak of; and her relatives (cousins and siblings I guess) were smarmy, dirty looking; I was amazed she let that be shown, b/c she tries very hard to appear upscale & living the beautiful life.

Tamra's father has had a rough life, according to footage shown. He is apparently very poor, his home was damaged by the floods a year or two back, and he was living in what looked like a hell-hole of a gutted house; no regular furniture, not even drywall. Anyone with resources would not live that way, wouldn't tolerate the absurdity of living like a heathen. It surprised me at the time that Tamra and then-husband Simon didn't pony up a new home in a good neighborhood - a few hundred thousand wouldn't have been much for them to lift the father out of that dirty existence.

Prolly not many would agree w/me, but Tamra doesn't know how smarmy she is; doesn't have a framework for decent living - the thinks all the clamor and shouting is fun & interesting drama; she cannot see that it's scummy and crummy - all she has is lust for anything that sparkles on the outside.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I haven't finished watching this last episode but was it only me that thought Gretchen sounded awful in her Pussycat Doll show?? All I could hear was her singing and couldn't really hear the music so that might have been the problem. But her voice seemed flat and out of tune.
    Old Brooks should keep his mouth closed because he sounds like there are very few working brain cells in his head. But maybe that's exactly what Vicki needs.
    Prism, I think you've pegged Tamra perfectly. I also don't think she's even a tiny bit aware of how she comes off. She seems to think that if she looks pretty and sexy, that is all she needs to do. And apparently Eddie the Lizard-man (he gives me the hee-bee-jeebies) and her ex seemed to want from her.
    Truly, a bunch of strange women. I'm so glad I don't know anyone like them, even though I'm about a half-hour's drive from OC.

Caught bits & pieces of this season...so over it. I wish Vicky's face could have frozen over when Brianna told her she got married. PRICELESS! Geeze Vicky get a grip..she got married. Would you have rathered her tell you she was pregnant & NOT getting married & leaving nursing OC & going to live off the land in Montana??? Think about it; Brianna has the BIG wedding Vicky wants BRAVO to cover/pay for. Who walks her down the aisle...her sperm donor father, new man Brooks or Donn who helped raise Brianna? No wait Vicky would HAVE to do it herself.

On a side note: my son came home when I was watching WWHL & saw Tamara. His remark was that she needs to tune down the hair, make-up & dress for a woman her age. I asked him how old he thought she was. He said 65.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

[QUOTE=Prism;4472771]
    Tamra's father has had a rough life, according to footage shown. He is apparently very poor, his home was damaged by the floods a year or two back, and he was living in what looked like a hell-hole of a gutted house; no regular furniture, not even drywall. Anyone with resources would not live that way, wouldn't tolerate the absurdity of living like a heathen. It surprised me at the time that Tamra and then-husband Simon didn't pony up a new home in a good neighborhood - a few hundred thousand wouldn't have been much for them to lift the father out of that dirty existence.[QUOTE]

I believe if my memory serves me, Simon & Tamara were not in a good spot in their marriage & on the verge of divorce. IIRC didn't Simon lose his job at the Benz dealership & didn't their home go into foreclosure?? If so how could she afford to buy her father anything?
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Ok I need to know who in their right mind on General Hospital thought it was a good idea to cast Alexis my nose hurts Bellini for a few episodes of General hospital?ugh Alexis can't be herself without being fake.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

PA Snow Bunny, you forgot the most important thing that Brianna did to Vicki by eloping in Vegas. She had the audacity to rob Vicki the opportunity to be the center of attention and in the spotlight for all to admire and dote after as the mother of the bride. Not only did she not get the big Bravo special, she also didn't get all the attention as the mother at the engagement party, the multiple bridal showers, the bachelorette party, the bridesmaids luncheon, the rehersal dinner, the brunch the morning after, and all the trips for dress fittings and other planning rituals. Vicki was going to be the center of attention for all those events, and Brianna just wiped it all away! You and I both know that Vicki had been having the dreams and visions of being the center of attention for that many events since the moment in the delivery room that the doctor said "it's a girl". Can you imagine how many times she could have told people at all those events that Brianna doesn't have cancer ... "anymore". Now, her only hope is when Michael gets married, and then, she'll have the bride's mother to try to steal her spotlight. Just watch. In a few episodes, we'll see Vicki explaining to Michael all the reasons why it would be nice if he married a girl who was an orphan, just so Vicki can be the wedding mother without a bride's mother to compete with!
    AmyKay, Prism, Moontat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok I need to know who in their right mind on General Hospital thought it was a good idea to cast Alexis my nose hurts Bellini for a few episodes of General hospital?ugh Alexis can't be herself without being fake.
    Is today April Fool's Day????
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Is today April Fool's Day????
    lol No I just happened to be at a soap spoiler site and found out she will be on GH next week.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

PA Snow Bunny, you're probably right about Simon and Tamra not doing well financially; however, when I think of footage of them they always were presenting the high life - outrageously costly clothing and jewelry, parties, the standard Bravo backdrop. I really do think they could have found a way for her father to live in respectable circumstances, even if it was a small rental place. But I suspect they could have done much better.

I'm plenty judgmental about such things, b/c there's no way in hale it would be acceptable in my family for parents to live in poverty while offspring lives the high life.

I think Tamra is pitiable; not exactly feeling empathy or sympathy for her, but I don't think she knows what she is.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread