+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2412Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I can't watch this version of HW's because I can't tell them apart or keep them straight. I don't know who is who or married to what when I try to watch it. They fight alot too. These women do seem alot alike, lol. None of them seem too bright. I wonder if I watched it religiously if I would get into it. Nah, I doubt it. They just look too much alike.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw tacky trouble when Eddie first got into the limo and looked like he was actually about to kiss Brooks on the mouth (and Brooks recoiled, thank goodness), and then he went for the full-on lip kiss with Vicki. That shocked me! She didn't seem surprised or repulsed by it, either. That was just totally tacky. These people just get too familiar with each other....maybe I am the prude, but I think I would have smacked him right in the coconuts!!! Your "friends" just don't behave like that.

I could understand Tamara getting upset, unless everybody understands that they are already in a "swinging" relationship where free exchange is the norm. What I could NOT understand was Tamara starting to apologize and fall all over herself to jackass Eddie after he started all of that trouble....and he had the nerve to act like he was entitled to all of her apologizing. I hate it when women think so little of themselves. I just don't understand that kind of behavior.
    Oompaloopa likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I could understand Tamara getting upset, unless everybody understands that they are already in a "swinging" relationship where free exchange is the norm. What I could NOT understand was Tamara starting to apologize and fall all over herself to jackass Eddie after he started all of that trouble....and he had the nerve to act like he was entitled to all of her apologizing. I hate it when women think so little of themselves. I just don't understand that kind of behavior.
    I completely agree. I have never liked Tamara --- but this incindent went down because they were drinking too much and then the Eddie Vickie smoochie kissie thing. I would not like this and Tamara's reaction was a knee jerk kind of thing. BUT I tell you what -- If I had a man that spoke to me like that in front of others I would run as fast as I could. This kind of talk to a partner in front of others is NEVER ok. I was really shocked. I cannot believe she is apologizing to him - ugh.

Am I the only one who thinks that Vicky is building her perfect Don? This Brooks looks like Don, she is buying his clothes so he looks right & tells him what to pack. Kinda creepy. So Vicky has now invaded the bayou...those poor, poor alligators!
    Oompaloopa likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Regarding the boat trip to Catalina (Icky, Tamra, Eddie, Brooks)...

Did anyone else get the impression that the entire Icky/Eddie flirting/Tamra getting mad thing was contrived?

Something about it bothered me the other night, and I just rewatched it. It just doesn't ring true, and if you notice just before Icky and Eddie start their chenanigans, Icky looks at him with this "now?" look. And then they start acting up. It gives Tamra such wonderful drama time. I'm not buying the whole scene.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Tamra sitting at the table with Eddie/Icky/Brooks afterwards - her wiping tears of shock at their prior interactions on the boat trip over to Cataline ()......

She went from being so crushed that Icky and Eddie would flirt so to badgering Brooks as to whether or not he was a "tit" man or an "ass" man. Leering at him, "Which one? Tit or ass? Which one?" ad nauseum! Anybody else notice how uncomfortable Brooks seemed? Vickie was anxious for his answer, grinning and carrying on, as was Eddie. But I didn't get that level of glee from Brooks.

Perhaps I'm reading my own Southern background into his being Southern himself. He could be totally into what they were doing. I don't know. But one thing came back to me that I'd been told many years ago from one of my young boyfriends in our own Southern culture (and probably not just a Southern thing either):

"A girl who cusses and talks about sex and gets drunk is the kind of girl you take to a hotel...but not the kind to take home to meet your mama, your family, or your friends." I've not thought of that in years

Tamra brought out that memory to me. Hmmmm. Now I'm remembering poor Simon. Boy was HE disappointed.
    PA Snow Bunny and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Jim tends to remind me of what Herman Cain showed himself to be like. He keeps his wife in the dark, and denies, denies, denies. She is buffaloed by his crap, without question, looking stupid in the process. And Herman and Jim are just soooo "Christian"!!!
    I agree about Herman Cain...disgusting...but I'd like to substitute his name for Most Politicians.
    I hate those scenes where some bad-behaving politician is finally caught with no way of lying and disputing the facts and he stages his public Apology Speech with the Little (betrayed) Woman, standing by his side.
    ooooh, that makes me so mad.
    I'd love to see one of those wives haul off and kick that digusting husband where it really counts!
    and walk straight to her divorce attorney.
    mayamaisha and Coco46 like this.

I
    My guess is Tamara is accustomed to being abused, not necessarily physically, but emotionally and psychology. I remember many many years ago back my late teens or very early 20's my 'husband', at the time, did something that was inexcusable and even tho I was angry about it and let him know I was angry, I somehow ended up apologizing to him. It still baffles me that I was so goofy, insecure, and willing to please. Those days, thankfully, are long gone forever and ever.

P.S. Where are you all getting the additional smiley expressions?
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    ...P.S. Where are you all getting the additional smiley expressions?
    In the lower right corner, click on "Go Advanced" -- you have more options there. But I've wondered how (if) they can be imported.
    mayamaisha likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think they can because I've seen some good ones that aren't in our list. I know they could expand our list if they wanted to.
    jucamer likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread