+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2577Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    so.... who here thinks Peggy really stalked Jim?
    I'm sure Jim would like to think so.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Thanks for filling me in on the background of Peggy vs. Alexis. It clears it all up for me! These shows are like soap operas. You can tune in 5 years later and the storyline doesn't seem to change much!
    canuck likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe it would have been better if Peggy had told Jim, "Either YOU tell her or I will."

Jim is just shady, and his wife buys into it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    But OMG, how sauced were Tamra, Eddie, Vicki & Brooks on the boat ride? They had to have had at least 3 bottles of wine, tequila, and champagne. I like a good adult beverage, but c'mon, know your limit! Time will also tell on this Brooks character. He's kinda come across as a good ole boy, but good ole boys can be shady. Anyone could watch the prior 6 seasons of this show and know that to get to Vicki is easy--just tell her how great she is every day. She's wanted that from her mother (season 1, maybe 2), her kids & previously Donn. She's not exactly a complex character in that regard.
    It has always struck me how the Orange County housewives still drink like they're in college. I can't even remember the last time I did shots with friends. Probably around the same time we stopped yelling "woo-hoo!"

Also, of all the housewive franchises, this one has the least diversity -- not just in ethnicity, but in fashion and interests. They're pretty much all dyed blonde; they've all got fake boobs, they all wear the same kind of clothes, shoes and jewelry; they like the same kind of vacations (resorts with hot weather and liquor). I remember when sky tops and white fingernails were in, they all wore the same tops and had the same French manicures. Is this chronic lack of originality an Orange County trait, or just a fluke of casting? How fun would it be to send these woman to Morocco or South Africa? Better yet ... Sudan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jim tends to remind me of what Herman Cain showed himself to be like. He keeps his wife in the dark, and denies, denies, denies. She is buffaloed by his crap, without question, looking stupid in the process. And Herman and Jim are just soooo "Christian"!!!
    Prism and KatesMom like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    It has always struck me how the Orange County housewives still drink like they're in college. I can't even remember the last time I did shots with friends. Probably around the same time we stopped yelling "woo-hoo!"

Also, of all the housewive franchises, this one has the least diversity -- not just in ethnicity, but in fashion and interests. They're pretty much all dyed blonde; they've all got fake boobs, they all wear the same kind of clothes, shoes and jewelry; they like the same kind of vacations (resorts with hot weather and liquor). I remember when sky tops and white fingernails were in, they all wore the same tops and had the same French manicures. Is this chronic lack of originality an Orange County trait, or just a fluke of casting? How fun would it be to send these woman to Morocco or South Africa? Better yet ... Sudan.
    I hate to stereotype, but I worked in the OC a while back.
    The majority of the women looked exactly like these housewives and acted like they were transported back in time.......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Amen, prhoshay. Frug, like Cain, is jammed full of pseudo religiosity. Frug has the additional fillip of being stuffed with churchiosity.

I don't know if Andy Cohen has the guts to micromanage filming the takedown of another RH family, but if he does, Frug and wife are prime.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Does anyone else think Icky looks bloated? Too much partying or in need of a middle-age dietary detox?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    How fun would it be to send these woman to Morocco or South Africa? Better yet ... Sudan.
    These chicks couldn't handle an upscale crawfish/shrimp boil in Vicki's backyard. If they were sent overseas, I'd worry that the CIA, the UN, INTERPOL, and other international agencies would have to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    As for Alexis - she made her deal with the devil and has convinced herself she is happy. Although with as bitter, self-centered and competitive she is (read, desperate for attention in every case) it is pretty clear that even her rose colored glasses have spots on them. I do think she is angry at Jim for not telling her - or more for making her look stupid - but she can't do anything about that because he is her king. So Peggy gets all the blame.
    You hit the nail on the head. In her limited viewpoint, she can't possibly be angry at Jim for anything, including this so Peggy takes all the blame and her anger. It was Jim's place to tell Alexis about his past with Peggy...not that there seems to be much of a past. I laughed when Peggy said long ago all the girls wanted to be with Jim. Must have been on a different planet because I don't get that at all. Who would want to be with that old Toad??

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    so.... who here thinks Peggy really stalked Jim?
    Yeah, right!
    Probably the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Does anyone else think Icky looks bloated? Too much partying or in need of a middle-age dietary detox?
    I don't see bloated but maybe I need to look again at her. But I think she looks worse and worse each season. That's why I was proplexed at her finding a boyfriend so quickly...Not sure shy she doesn't get her hair to look healthy...should be easy with her connections. And why not do something for her skin (facial)? I'm assuming it looks the way it does because at one time, she had bad acne and the scars and uneven color still show. I thought there were things you could do for that now.
    I guess she loves working so much that she doesn't have time to do any of that stuff, even though at one time, she had time to get a boob job.
    And why would any sane man want such a pain in the butt workaholic, extremely insecure and controlling "witch?"
    Or am I just being catty?

Boy, did Tamra act like the trailer-trash she really is!! How immature to get soooo jealous of Eddie and Vicki playing a silly game together and then putting Brooks' hand on her boob! Thought I was finally immune to being surprised by what these women are capable of but guess not.
    Oompaloopa likes this.

+ Reply to Thread