+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I would venture to say that the Vicksters new guy is in it for exposure on the show and other perks - her money!
    Uncle David and SugarMama like this.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Am I going to dislike Alexis as much as I came to last season? That broad is nuts!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Vicki's dinner party was less explosive than usual. I couldn't get over how ridiculous some of the women were about the boiled crawfish and shrimp. They were lucky the food was served in clear bags and had bibs and gloves. A regular crawfish boil would involve the crawfish being thrown down on newspapers and the plates being soda can flat boxes, if anything. I'll reserve judgment on Heather for now, but I really liked the dress she had on at the party--age appropriate, cute, and there was an OC housewife with actual sleeves on (and not those sail ship sleeves). Amazing!

So Peggy's "departure" is because of anxiety issues. Well, I can kind of buy that, as I'm sure if I spent 20 minutes with the full cast, I might have a panic attack. With that Vicki-Peggy-Tamra conversation about Alexis' "toxic" husband situation, I hope we aren't getting set up for Taylor 2.0.

Gretchen looks really odd without makeup. The one brief profile shot of her made me think Tamra's right & Gretchen did have her lips done.

But OMG, how sauced were Tamra, Eddie, Vicki & Brooks on the boat ride? They had to have had at least 3 bottles of wine, tequila, and champagne. I like a good adult beverage, but c'mon, know your limit! Time will also tell on this Brooks character. He's kinda come across as a good ole boy, but good ole boys can be shady. Anyone could watch the prior 6 seasons of this show and know that to get to Vicki is easy--just tell her how great she is every day. She's wanted that from her mother (season 1, maybe 2), her kids & previously Donn. She's not exactly a complex character in that regard.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Am I going to dislike Alexis as much as I came to last season? That broad is nuts!!
    I haven't tuned into the OC franchise for years. Well, just small bits from time to time. Nobody kill me for wasting your time, but I'm curious about the Peggy vs. Alexis situation. I understand that Peggy dated Alexis' husband and he never told Alexis which upset her a great deal.

But, is that all to it? I mean, it seems to me Peggy didn't do anything wrong. It should have been Alexis' husband to tell Alexis about the relationship. I understand that's a big pill for Alexis to swallow, but is there more to the feud? Is everyone pretty much on Peggy's side in all this?

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I haven't tuned into the OC franchise for years. Well, just small bits from time to time. Nobody kill me for wasting your time, but I'm curious about the Peggy vs. Alexis situation. I understand that Peggy dated Alexis' husband and he never told Alexis which upset her a great deal.

But, is that all to it? I mean, it seems to me Peggy didn't do anything wrong. It should have been Alexis' husband to tell Alexis about the relationship. I understand that's a big pill for Alexis to swallow, but is there more to the feud? Is everyone pretty much on Peggy's side in all this?

Many thanks in advance.
    Well if I have it correct, for some reason Alexis felt Peggy should have told her that she dated Jim. It seems Jim is not at fault for anything but Alexis is very upset with Peggy. All the time they spent together as friends why Peggy never mentioned that 'little' detail to her has her pants all in a wad. And yup, that is it. Alexis is a 'ding bat'! Sheesh, Bravo, can't you replace her? Please!
    KAREN

Its funny that when Tamra yelled about Gretchens lips, I had not 5 min before said to DH that it looked like something was different with G, her upper lip area (botox?) or her teeth.
    DH was shocked by how G looked w/o her make up on. I was too. Didnt realize how much eye makeup she wears.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

According to Alexis, Jim is at fault for absolutely NOTHING! Everybody else is able to see Jim's controlling nature, but Alexis is in full denial. Alexis is totally "Stepford-ized". Won't get to watch the new episode until this afternoon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am actually liking the new housewife, at least thus far. I was amazed at the relative lack of drama last night. That being said, Vicki and Tamra are so sad and pathetic. Vicki has already not aged well and Tamra is getting there fast.

As for Alexis - she made her deal with the devil and has convinced herself she is happy. Although with as bitter, self-centered and competitive she is (read, desperate for attention in every case) it is pretty clear that even her rose colored glasses have spots on them. I do think she is angry at Jim for not telling her - or more for making her look stupid - but she can't do anything about that because he is her king. So Peggy gets all the blame. I do think most of the girls are on Peggy's side (even Gretchen made a comment that it was Jim's story to tell Alexis), but I also think Tamra (and I cringe to write this) was right last night - if I found out after the fact that my friend and my husband slept together (and notice I say after the fact - it's different if you know going in), I think I would have a hard time with both of them. On that front and on that front only, I can see where Alexis is coming from in that her and Peggy's relationship really is dead.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post

Many thanks in advance.

I've only seen bits and pieces this year, but I think that there was a lot of one-upmanship last year. Plus, Peggy became friends with Vicky and Tamra who are anti-Alexis. It's all very high-school, only with bigger game playing. Apparently before Peggy came on the show she and Alexis were very good friends, so I can see why Alexis would feel that Peggy should also not have kept it quiet. For me that is the real issue - honestly you'd think that the first time they were all together it would have come up naturally in conversation. Peggy's contention that she and Jim talked and it was all Jim's idea to keep the previous relationship quiet is strange. Makes it seem shady when people aren't upfront about things that should be no big deal. The not telling makes it a big deal even if it wasn't.
    canuck likes this.

so.... who here thinks Peggy really stalked Jim?

+ Reply to Thread