+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree1445Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4035175;
    Does anybody know why they dumped Lynne Curtin and put in the new housewife?

Looks like she's been friends with the Bellinos for a long time and, for me, that's a pretty bad recommendation.
    Because she is a broke poser with limited intelligence and parenting skills who go through life in a cloud of stoned confusion. It is kind of difficult to pretend to be living a extravagant lifestyle while your family gets evicted...on camera....pause for a BRAVO moment.
    Anyone else with an explaination?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4035240;
    Because she is a broke poser with limited intelligence and parenting skills who go through life in a cloud of stoned confusion. It is kind of difficult to pretend to be living a extravagant lifestyle while your family gets evicted...on camera....pause for a BRAVO moment.
    I thought those were in the job description for being on these shows. My take: her cuffs weren't selling and she didn't have a back-up product line.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4029525;
    It pretty much looks like watchers are in agreement-- that RHs are trashy fakers and pretenders. We watch b/c they are appaling and fascinatingly creepy. So how is it that the RH still think they are the at pinnacle, the people we all envy?? I never read or see anything positive about them....Where ever do they get feedback that makes them think they're worthy of anything other than snark??
    Brilliantly said!
    I think The Housewives depict perfectly the word "monster" in the quote of "I created a monster." Probably just like anorexics or people with body dysmorphia, they can not see themselves as they truly are. They're caught up in the spotlight, treated like they're special and will soon walk on water, so they buy into it because it feels good.
    What a shame that notoriety has become something desirable. I honestly don't think they realize how the rest of us see them. The word Pathetic comes to mind.
    But that said, I'll still watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4035265;
    I thought those were in the job description for being on these shows. My take: her cuffs weren't selling and she didn't have a back-up product line.
    Maybe she is still living with her mother. Kind of hard to be an OC Housewife sleeping on your mother's couch while your daughters sleep on the floor.

When did Ashley get a degree in Broadcast Journalism? She posted this under her BIO on a site where she invited people to join so they could.....
    "Ask Me Anything"....

"I was on The Real Housewives of Orange County seasons 1-4, Broadcast journalism degree looking to make it in the hosting world."

Ashley (ashleyzarlin) | Formspring

Guess we could ask Ashly what school she attended and the year she 'GRADUATED"? What I want to know is who is paying for her jet-set, shopping spree lifestyle. Is that the reason she is always giving a shout out to her new step daddy?
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

FORT Fogey

I wish I had a rich step-daddy. I would give him shout-outs too. And that is not a euphemism.

The Watcher: Backstage drama stirs 'Housewives' and 'Idol' | watcher, season, monday - Entertainment - The Orange County Register

Interesting comment revealed by Register colleague Richard Chang - Underlined by Oompa.

"Lynne Curtin is leaving the show, and Newport Coast resident Peggy Tanous is joining. Meanwhile, the reality TV gossip mill says erstwhile Housewife Lauri Waring is working to get back on.

If only Bravo could figure out a way to make "The Real Housewives of Orange County" as interesting as its behind-the-scenes maneuvers. As it stands now, a blank screen is more compelling."

Hah! George and Lauri love to be "fashionably late" - Love the attention! The Peterson's have already begun filiming! Guess they think they are all THAT, and a Bag O' Chip's by waiting to announce their return. Pfft!!

Chang is right on...a blank screen is so much more compelling not to mention, a means to protect the exploitation of all the minor children.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4035240;
    Well, I was actually wondering about this the other day. They filmed Lynne's two girls drinking underage quite a bit. I know that's all legal, the cameramen aren't allowed to interfere, etc. But how long until someone makes a law about that? They would quickly become a liability, and they may even be now. Honestly, how long can Bravo film people breaking the law before it effects their ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;4034455;
    Gretchen Rossi never paid Jay the 22,000 he won from her. They went back to court yesterday, and he finally got his money

http://http://absurdtosublime.net/2010/08/11/gretchen-rossi-never-paid-jay-photoglou-back-in-court-today/
    I used to say the Gretch was a gorgeous doll that might be fun to hang with, but ouch!! be careful-- she is a nasty piece of work inside that plastic face. I never believed her Jeff Beitzel relationship bore any semblance to love or caring; he bought her and used her for arm candy, and let her have her affairs with people like Photoglou. Win-win for both of them, but please stop with the pretense Gretchie.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4036785;
    I used to say the Gretch was a gorgeous doll that might be fun to hang with, but ouch!! be careful-- she is a nasty piece of work inside that plastic face. I never believed her Jeff Beitzel relationship bore any semblance to love or caring; he bought her and used her for arm candy, and let her have her affairs with people like Photoglou. Win-win for both of them, but please stop with the pretense Gretchie.
    You hit the nail on the head Prism. Gretch needs to wake up and that PhotoDUD dude; he needs a life and some character. Maybe he can buy some character with the money he received....NAH!!

+ Reply to Thread