+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2064Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Here's the thing. How can Gretchen go through life, carry on conversations, see herself filmed ... and still pronounce "drawing" as "drawling"?
    luvsginger likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

i had to laugh when Lynne commented on gretchen's cursing . . . . her daughters have two of the foulest mouths in town!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

I agree and I think that's why she wasn't very persuasive to Gretchen about why she felt hurt by G's actions. Had she been sober maybe she could have said it in a way G would understand. But to claim that it was unfair to Lynn because she had a family of 4 to provide for was a big laugh. For one, those two girls should be providing for themselves at their age and her husband is perfectly capable of working, even if it's flipping burgers.
    No sympathy from me on that one, Lynn.

i still don't get it tho. lynne turned down the opportunity so no one else should ever go for it?!!?!?! and who cares what gretchen's reasons for trying to make a buck are????? tho i seriously doubt it's to support slade, but more to support herself.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I didnt think Lynne was beligerent AT ALL...and I think she had every right to make the argument she did. From what I gathered from the episode is that this company already had a line of handbags and needed a name to slap on them to make them sell. They approached Lynne and she declined because the bags were not her design. They then approached wretched Gretched and she jumped on the opportunity. It looks as though Lynne has been truly designing where as Gretchen is just trying to make a buck anyway she can so she can support Slade who in turn has to support his what? 3 kids from 3 different baby mamas? I loved how the guy took one of Gretchen's so called sketches and shoved it into his notebook so quickly....I can't believe she was serious with that "drawing" of hers. Perhaps she should have enlisted Slade to help her seeing that he is not an ART -est. LOL
    BTW...is there such a word as 'draw-er".... Gretchen is not a great "draw-er".... sure you are Gretchen....if you were 2 years old!!!!

I personally think Lynne didn't come off as a design snob more as someone trying to protect the integrity of the business where as Gretchen with her two bottle hairsprayed hair is just slapping her name on pre-made purses from some third world country to make a buck.

The best part of this episode was looking at Wretchin's "drawings"....my daughter and I could not stop laughing...we kept rewinding and rewinding to check out the so called sketch...hahahaha....seriously ?

JMHO....as always!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gretchen doesn't owe an explanation to ANYONE.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i still don't get it tho. lynne turned down the opportunity so no one else should ever go for it?!!?!?! and who cares what gretchen's reasons for trying to make a buck are????? tho i seriously doubt it's to support slade, but more to support herself.
    I think there is more to the story than we know. Gretchen always has such a guilty sort of look on her face when she is caught in a lie. I know that Gretchen was totally ignoring Lynne's question in regards to where she shopped for leather. I think one of the reasons that Lynne was upset is because of the way it went down and the way that Gretchen tries to act as if she actually is a designer.

I know how Lynne feels, I actually had come up with an idea for a hair accessory that was one of a kind. I ended up selling it to many hair salons in town (San Francisco), including the kid's departments at Nordstrom... I also took my product to the various Art and Wine Festivals around my area. I was netting over $1000/day at the Art and Craft shows (doing 3 shows a weekend) in addition to everything else. I would say the sales at the Art and Wine were the most lucrative but it is seasonal. In the winter time, I did the holiday markets but again, very seasonal.
    Anyway, all of a sudden there were other vendors that stole my design and were trying to sell my product at their booths. Of course they had every right to do so because I didn't have the money to trademark or patent my idea. I spent hours coming up with the design, choosing colors, researching the best places to purchase the materials needed for my product. I handmade each and every one and did it with care and love. I also came up with the design of the packaging. There is sooo much more to designing a product for sale than slapping your name on it.
    So, I do feel for Lynne in that regard.

Of course Gretchen has every right to make a buck...but she needs to own up to the fact that she is not a designer (quite evident by her "drawlings"), just a name that she slapped on the handbags. I wish she would just own up to the truth... Gretchen has lied sooo much, it's hard to believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

FORT Fogey

I think that Lynn got what she wanted, which was to get the story out on what Gretchen was doing. I can understand where Lynn is coming from, because she seems to be a true designer, and an original. I think its evident that Gretchen on the other hand is merely lending her name. The only mistake I think Lynn is making is that she is naively thinking that everyone else operates from the "pure" values that she does. She wasn't willing to sell out her name, so in her mind, no one should. I can see why she's dissapointed in Gretchen, but she needs to accept that she can't control Gretchen's actions.
    luvsginger likes this.

Wretchen is not required to explain herself; she can be every bit as dishonest as she pleases; she can steal anything from anyone she pleases, and she can lie and cheat her way to whatever end she wants.... it's only a problem for her if she breaks the law and gets caught.

However, she IS a slimy little cheat who uses her looks - and she is very pretty - to get money and celebrity. That's what's important to her; friendships be damned, lovers be damned. Go take what's available, smile and chuck up that yukadoo laugh, and everything'll be ok, right? Ex-friend Lyn is a dumbbell, easy to take from, easy to ignore, easy to dump.
    luvsginger likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Wretchen is not required to explain herself; she can be every bit as dishonest as she pleases; she can steal anything from anyone she pleases, and she can lie and cheat her way to whatever end she wants.... it's only a problem for her if she breaks the law and gets caught.

However, she IS a slimy little cheat who uses her looks - and she is very pretty - to get money and celebrity. That's what's important to her; friendships be damned, lovers be damned. Go take what's available, smile and chuck up that yukadoo laugh, and everything'll be ok, right? Ex-friend Lyn is a dumbbell, easy to take from, easy to ignore, easy to dump.
    Very well said!

ITA. Gretchen can use any (legal) means to make a buck and she (or anyone) doesn't have to justify why she wants to make a lot of money. Who doesn't??
    Gretchen also learned that her looks will get her farther so why not use them too? It's not different than using your intelligence or who you know, etc.
    Lynn doesn't not own the market on handbag designs. I admire her wanting them to be her sole designs, from begining to end, and not something with your name slapped on it but life isn't always fair.
    But I sure did enjoy hearing G say she was a lousy "drarw-er." Almost as good as "jew-ry" from the RH-Atlanta.

What I see in Gretchen's face is the hint of desperation.... She's got the body, the looks, etc but she's starting to get awfully close to that "sell-by-date" and she hasn't achieved what she wanted: fame, serious money, rich husband, and all that comes with that. Younger and prettier girls are always going to get in her way. She doesn't have that much time left. Darn that Jeff for up and dying. She almost had it made.
    By Hollywood/So Cal standards, she's way over the hill but there's this tiny, tiny window that she may be able to slip thru and land a man of her dream$. I think she just keeps Slade around because he's amusing, enjoys his company, etc until something better shows up. It's obvious she's not stupid enough to marry this deadbeat loser of a man. She has goals and he doesn't fit them at all.
    Moontat and SugarMama like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate it when people think you need to answer to them! Where do they get this, seemingly, omnipotent complex? How much more arrogant can you get? Personally, I would have hurt her feelings! Ask, and you shall receive!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread