+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

  1. #1221
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Lynn looked totally drunk in the restaurant when she called out Gretchen.
    I can't believe that Lynn is now BFF w. Tamra. Tamra treated her like a dog last season.

    Did anybody catch Alexis' mom on the yacht?
    Sorry, but that new face she got is just frightful looking!!
    I can't believe how proud she is of it and the DR.

    I didn't think Ryan looked at all like his Dad. It looks like his Dad was probably cute when he was younger. I don't find Ryan at all attractive.
    I also didn't like the awful comments Ryan made about Simon. Simon was tough, but he tried to instill discipline in Ryan and make him responsible. Obviously, Ryan wanted nothing of that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #1222
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I guess if any of us decide to produce handbags we better call lynn and get her permission first. That woman doesn't have all her chairs pulled close to the table. What an idiot!
    Wasn't that just plain weird? Gretchen really won that one.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  3. #1223
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,922

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    After this one, I'll give some luv to Lynn. She is doing her best to manage everything. Gretchen could have apologized if she did anything to hurt her feelings. They are in the same boat trying to figure what to do. Go to yoga classes girls.

    Before reading the forum, I was going to send Vicki some love. After this, I will send it to Don. I will say that he appears to have some communication problems that will haunt him in other relationships. Putting the little bits together, my guess is that Vicki is trying to call upon all her energy to figure out what is the right thing to do . In my little lizard experience, I will say pray that rosary at least once every day to connect with God. That and the love of your children is all the love you need. There are no such thing as coincidences, no need to beat yourself up. But that should help you with the footing you need.
    Last edited by Lizard; 06-21-2011 at 11:00 PM.

  4. #1224
    Ellie May SugarMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,175

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    After this one, I'll give some luv to Lynn. She is doing her best to manage everything. Gretchen could have apologized if she did anything to hurt her feelings. They are in the same boat trying to figure what to do...
    With the understanding that we viewers don't see everything, The Edit, and such.. If it really happened as shown in the episode, when Gretchen showed up to meet with Lynne, it was obvious that they were ready to rumble. In fact, Gretchen had to think a bit before not ordering a drink and taking water instead. They knew what was going down! Heck, they might have even rehearsed it

    I thought Lynne was beligerent and failed to make a strong argument as to why Gretchen should not have explored the handbag business on her own. Why should Gretchen not have the freedom to pursue her own handbag line with them? Lynne admitted that she hadn't done it, and while indicating she'd thought about it, she hadn't run with it. Maybe I missed something, but I could not understand Lynne's reasoning for having to give Gretchen permission do start her own line with these guys.

    Also, Lynne really came off as a Design Snob to me - putting down Gretchen's drawings (self-admittedly poorly executed) and criticizing her design skills really wasn't necessary, in my opinion, and was over the top. I like Lynne, but this wasn't a good place for her to be.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

  5. #1225
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Lynn looked totally drunk in the restaurant when she called out Gretchen.
    I can't believe that Lynn is now BFF w. Tamra. Tamra treated her like a dog last season.

    Did anybody catch Alexis' mom on the yacht?
    Sorry, but that new face she got is just frightful looking!!
    I can't believe how proud she is of it and the DR.

    I didn't think Ryan looked at all like his Dad. It looks like his Dad was probably cute when he was younger. I don't find Ryan at all attractive.
    I also didn't like the awful comments Ryan made about Simon. Simon was tough, but he tried to instill discipline in Ryan and make him responsible. Obviously, Ryan wanted nothing of that.
    I thought the homely mom looked better after surgery- not much, but a little better; sad that they think exterior beauty and money are all their lives are worth. Tamra's son seems slimy, and so does Ick's son, cannot remember his name. They've been brought up to act slimy. Yuk. Tamra's ex.... Simon - he's a big control freak, but I suspect he'd be a fairly decent man if paired with an intelligent, well-mannered wife. I also thought he really tried to help the son become responsible. Well, Simon did choose Tamra, apparently of his own free will, so maybe he just has bad judgment.
    SugarMama likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

  6. #1226
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    I thought the homely mom looked better after surgery- not much, but a little better; sad that they think exterior beauty and money are all their lives are worth. Tamra's son seems slimy, and so does Ick's son, cannot remember his name. They've been brought up to act slimy. Yuk. Tamra's ex.... Simon - he's a big control freak, but I suspect he'd be a fairly decent man if paired with an intelligent, well-mannered wife. I also thought he really tried to help the son become responsible. Well, Simon did choose Tamra, apparently of his own free will, so maybe he just has bad judgment.
    I'm not sure I saw her face before the surgery.
    The after face just did not look at all right.

    It is a shame that these women are so insecure / needy when it comes to their looks. They're like high school girls - constantly needing reassurance. Sad...

    I do agree that Simon is a control freak. However, I do think, like you, he was trying his best for an irresponsible kid. Kid's now 26 and still doesn't get it. Probably never will.
    Simon picked the pretty girl and probably didn't realize all the baggage she brought with her. Sounds like the guy is paying for it now. I actually feel sorry for him. Simon's not a prize, but of the 2 of them, he's got some integrity and class, I believe. Tamra has nada.
    SugarMama likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  7. #1227
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal View Post
    I had to laugh when Tamra was trying to place blame on her ex-hubby for her son using steriods, since her ex had used them. She claimed that the fact that her ex used them influenced her son to do the same. How different is it that men use steriods to try and make them more attractive by being "buff" from women using botox or plastic surgery to make themselves more attractive? Each are used mostly for vanity's sake. Tamra has had lots of plastic surgery and botox...doesn't she think that doing that in front of her son has also influenced his conception of using outside sources to achieve a desired result? Both her and her ex's uses of these types of artificial means to an end influenced her son to do whatever it takes to get the result you want. They BOTH showed their son that this is acceptable.
    ITA. Why would Ryan think there's anything wrong with using chemicals for his body - look what he's surrounded by!!
    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Lynn looked totally drunk in the restaurant when she called out Gretchen.
    I agree and I think that's why she wasn't very persuasive to Gretchen about why she felt hurt by G's actions. Had she been sober maybe she could have said it in a way G would understand. But to claim that it was unfair to Lynn because she had a family of 4 to provide for was a big laugh. For one, those two girls should be providing for themselves at their age and her husband is perfectly capable of working, even if it's flipping burgers.
    No sympathy from me on that one, Lynn.

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Did anybody catch Alexis' mom on the yacht?
    Sorry, but that new face she got is just frightful looking!!
    I can't believe how proud she is of it and the DR.
    I don't remember Alexis's mother's face pre-face lift but I thought she looked ridiculous with that long blonde hair and the old face. Who does she think she's fooling?
    Mostly I loved the bored looks on all the men's faces as the women went on and on about the teeny tiny imperfections in their looks that they need to have "fixed."
    I see the same look on the New Jersey husbands when the women go on and on about who did what to whom.

    I completely loved Peggy's delusional answer to why she has Botox and silicone boobs but is still all organic and only into health. Is she really that dumb to think we would buy that? Sheesh!
    SugarMama likes this.

  8. #1228
    FORT Fogey luvsginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    With the understanding that we viewers don't see everything, The Edit, and such.. If it really happened as shown in the episode, when Gretchen showed up to meet with Lynne, it was obvious that they were ready to rumble. In fact, Gretchen had to think a bit before not ordering a drink and taking water instead. They knew what was going down! Heck, they might have even rehearsed it

    I thought Lynne was beligerent and failed to make a strong argument as to why Gretchen should not have explored the handbag business on her own. Why should Gretchen not have the freedom to pursue her own handbag line with them? Lynne admitted that she hadn't done it, and while indicating she'd thought about it, she hadn't run with it. Maybe I missed something, but I could not understand Lynne's reasoning for having to give Gretchen permission do start her own line with these guys.

    Also, Lynne really came off as a Design Snob to me - putting down Gretchen's drawings (self-admittedly poorly executed) and criticizing her design skills really wasn't necessary, in my opinion, and was over the top. I like Lynne, but this wasn't a good place for her to be.
    I didnt think Lynne was beligerent AT ALL...and I think she had every right to make the argument she did. From what I gathered from the episode is that this company already had a line of handbags and needed a name to slap on them to make them sell. They approached Lynne and she declined because the bags were not her design. They then approached wretched Gretched and she jumped on the opportunity. It looks as though Lynne has been truly designing where as Gretchen is just trying to make a buck anyway she can so she can support Slade who in turn has to support his what? 3 kids from 3 different baby mamas? I loved how the guy took one of Gretchen's so called sketches and shoved it into his notebook so quickly....I can't believe she was serious with that "drawing" of hers. Perhaps she should have enlisted Slade to help her seeing that he is not an ART -est. LOL
    BTW...is there such a word as 'draw-er".... Gretchen is not a great "draw-er".... sure you are Gretchen....if you were 2 years old!!!!

    I personally think Lynne didn't come off as a design snob more as someone trying to protect the integrity of the business where as Gretchen with her two bottle hairsprayed hair is just slapping her name on pre-made purses from some third world country to make a buck.

    The best part of this episode was looking at Wretchin's "drawings"....my daughter and I could not stop laughing...we kept rewinding and rewinding to check out the so called sketch...hahahaha....seriously ?

    JMHO....as always!

  9. #1229
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,922

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    I didn't pick up on the drink thing.

    In business, nobody needs anybodies' permission. Are all ventures good? Nope.

    Mommy Lizard wants Lynn to not waste time on silliness. Focus on positive things. One of my yoga instructors recommended a book by Ernest Holmes that says all things good and bad are created by our minds. In life we must all learn not to be the torturer of ourselves.
    Last edited by Lizard; 06-22-2011 at 10:33 AM.

  10. #1230
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,102

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Caught a bit of this last night. Lynn's face has been botoxed beyond repair. WOW! Her face looks frozen. Why is she so upset because Gretchen took an idea & went with it???? Lynn is designing bed lines so should bed Bath & Beyond be insulted??? Sorry but her comforter looked like it could have come from JC Penney's.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.