+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 370 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4029525;
    It pretty much looks like watchers are in agreement-- that RHs are trashy fakers and pretenders. We watch b/c they are appaling and fascinatingly creepy. So how is it that the RH still think they are the at pinnacle, the people we all envy?? I never read or see anything positive about them....Where ever do they get feedback that makes them think they're worthy of anything other than snark??
    This is the question of the day. Or week. Or series.

As an add on, I would just ask, "knowing what they know about the trash being talked about the participants on the other shows, how much narcissistic vanity and delusion of celebrity grandeur does it take for an ordinary person to throw themselves at the feet of the reality TV gods?" And will anything stop them?
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4029525;
    It pretty much looks like watchers are in agreement-- that RHs are trashy fakers and pretenders. We watch b/c they are appaling and fascinatingly creepy. So how is it that the RH still think they are the at pinnacle, the people we all envy?? I never read or see anything positive about them....Where ever do they get feedback that makes them think they're worthy of anything other than snark??
    I thnk Andy Cohen knows very well what people love about RH's. The more we can snark about them, the better. He's not harboring any illusions about that. His casts may be, but not him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4029674;
    I thnk Andy Cohen knows very well what people love about RH's. The more we can snark about them, the better. He's not harboring any illusions about that. His casts may be, but not him.
    I guess, were I to be very very honest, I'd say that it would be harder to sit with a pack of virtuous deservingly rich people living nearly perfect lives than with the current tribe of pretty disasters.

FORT Fogey

If I'm breaking a rule please admonish me but I've heard a rumor that Slade has been cleared of all problems with child support and had his licence reinstated.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4030863;
    I guess, were I to be very very honest, I'd say that it would be harder to sit with a pack of virtuous deservingly rich people living nearly perfect lives than with the current tribe of pretty disasters.
    Isn't it kind of like the new(ish) soap opera? I mean, our moms watch soaps for the very same reason. So that they could live with the fact that they didn't live in mansions because, face it, people in mansions are miserable losers. People who lead glamorous, jet-setting lives are two-faced liars or have cheating lovers or argue with their best friends. It makes our little lives seem so much better.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4030874;
    If I'm breaking a rule please admonish me but I've heard a rumor that Slade has been cleared of all problems with child support and had his licence reinstated.
    I hope that's true. I've always liked Slade, and wish him well. Other than the (hopefully) former child support problems, I don't know why so many people are so critical of him. He doesn't seem to be a bad guy. He was very, very good to Jo, when they were together, and loved her a lot. Then after Jo left him he started dating (including Lauri for a very short while - but so what?) And now he's with Gretchen -- and they seem to be really happy together.

FORT Fogey

Ew. Slade is so gross.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4029674;
    DOUBLE "Like" to both Prism & Ubidiah! You both hit those nails right on the head!! Only those RH's live in the illusion of their own smoke and mirrors. We can see right through it!

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Gretchen Rossi never paid Jay the 22,000 he won from her. They went back to court yesterday, and he finally got his money

http://http://absurdtosublime.net/2010/08/11/gretchen-rossi-never-paid-jay-photoglou-back-in-court-today/
    East of Reality

Does anybody know why they dumped Lynne Curtin and put in the new housewife?

Looks like she's been friends with the Bellinos for a long time and, for me, that's a pretty bad recommendation.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread