+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2599Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I finally watched both reunion shows today. Wow! What a bunch of screaming banshees! Couldn't stand when all were talking/screeching (expect Peggy) at the same time. That was pure torture to my ears.
    Are we sure that Simon is not paying alimony to Tamra? If he didn't, how did she pay for all their (hers and the kids) living expenses....child support couldn't cover it all?

Watching all of them, I can't see that any of them are any better than the others. None represent any virtues of womanhood, just the negative cliche sterotypes.
    As for hypocrites, they all fit that description, it just depends on their individual circumstance at the moment.
    Vicki is a dysfuntional adult, a damaged child...It's painfully obvious when we saw any of the interactions with her and her mother, who blatently refused to express any love, pride or postive emotions towards Vicki. She has been unable to see that the problem lies with her cruel unfeeling controlling mother and not with herself. Vicki is still looking for total love and approval from everyone in her life and it'll never be enough. Poor messed up thing. I think she had unrealistic needs from Donn that no man could ever fulfill, although what she doesn't realize is that she married a man who is just like her mother. I must say that the fact that he rolled over and went to sleep on the night of their vow renewal tells a lot. Pretty much a slap in the face to needy Vicki.

Tamra thinks she's the best looking woman in OC and instead of putting so much time into how she looks, she should have been busy educating herself and removing all traces of the trailer park which shine thru no matter how many diamonds she wears.

Peggy, at least, knows when to be quiet and not become a noisy shrew like the rest of them. But I think she's ridiculous in so many ways, including her narcissism: I'm blonde, hot and have a gun," her delusions: post partum depression that goes on forever and her holistic natural way of life: using organic vitamins, food, non chemical remedies except for putting silicon and injecting botchulism toxin in her "pure" body.

I don't buy Slade's BS about his working or rather his lack of work. Get a job, any job, even if he is over qualified for them like many, many people have had to do with this economy instead of taking a couple "consulting" jobs. Gretchen is wise not jumping into marriage with this lazy bum.
    Gretchen seems to be dabbling in lots of silly little endeavors while she (and everyone else) knows that she's really waiting for Mr.Wealthy to save her from such mundane tasks to make a living. Darn that Jeff for up and dying!!

Jeana is the best example of a wet noodle without any backbone of anyone I've ever seen. Treat her horribly and she'll be even nicer to you, just like her son and her husband. Even when she threatened Tamra saying she'd push her into the pool, she sounded like someone saying "oh, the sky is blue." Is she even capable of emotion? Even a Vulcan has more emotion than she does.

Alexis is a perfect example of a Stepford wife that I've ever seen. It's just plain old sad that anyone can act like that in the 21st century, especially with such a smug pig of a husband.

Didn't mean to go on so long about these creatures. I should probably spend more time trying to figure out why I enjoy watching them so much!!
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 06-15-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    SugarMama likes this.

thank you for posting this. i don't harbor the same ill will others have abt slade for similar reasons. i know someone who is a real estate appraiser. in a good housing market, he's making money hand over fist. these days, not so much. unfortunately for him, his child support order was done in a prosperous time and based on that income. he makes nothing near that now, and the court process to get it changed is pretty long and drawn out. in the meantime, he has become in arrears with his payments, and consequently his CA appraiser's license was revoked. so now he has NO income and the same child support order.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I wish there were a "Double Like" button - I agree with everything you said.

Once I knew a guy who was in constant child support battles with his ex. When child support was established, he paid no problem. But he had a sports injury and had to have knee surgery, couldn't work for many months (lost that job because of it), then the job market hit a downturn. His wife was constantly drawing him into legal battles (costing money for attorney fees), suing for past due money (even though he wasn't earning any income, didn't have disability insurance). The interest kept building up on the past-due amount. When he finally GOT another job, he couldn't keep up with the past amounts plus the current amounts, which the ex had the courts raise, btw, while he was on crutches. It was a horrible, horrible mess. Last I heard he'd remarried, but he couldn't have his name on any property he and his wife "owned" because the ex had put liens on any future properties of his to pay back child support. Crap happens.

I really liked Vicki until Tamra showed up. Tamra is jealous of anyone younger and hotter than she is and saw Vicki as the perfect ally. Tam likes Peggy because she's older and doesn't pose much of a threat the way Gretchen did. She thought that by exposing any and all dirt on Gretchen, that she would gain popularity when in fact the exact opposite has happened. Tamra is not funny (you just know that her shining star son Ryan briefs her on good come backs), not the least bit intelligent ("sist and decease"....4 times!) and is consumed by jealousy and hate. She has a young toothy guy that falls all over her.....if you're that happy, why is your nose in everybody else's business??

FORT Fogey

Tamara showed her jealousy over other women's looks from the first season she was on. Remember the first season when her intro was "I AM the hottest housewife". Clearly, that matters to her ... and it bothers her that peopel think she's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    I really liked Vicki until Tamra showed up. Tamra is jealous of anyone younger and hotter than she is and saw Vicki as the perfect ally. Tam likes Peggy because she's older and doesn't pose much of a threat the way Gretchen did. She thought that by exposing any and all dirt on Gretchen, that she would gain popularity when in fact the exact opposite has happened. Tamra is not funny (you just know that her shining star son Ryan briefs her on good come backs), not the least bit intelligent ("sist and decease"....4 times!) and is consumed by jealousy and hate. She has a young toothy guy that falls all over her.....if you're that happy, why is your nose in everybody else's business??
    This is what I realized with her vs. Jeana. Yes, they were both in other people's business, but why? For Jeana, it was because SHE LIKED Simon and what he did for her daughter, so she was trying to protect him. While I don't think she should have become involved, at least her motives were good. Tamraa - the only reason she stays so in Gretchen's business is because SHE DOESN'T LIKE Gretchen and Slade and can't stand that others do - so she has made it her mission to prove what awful people they are. However, by doing that, she has just made herself look ridiculous. Last year it was the "boyfriend" supposedly calling her - why her, out of the blue? This year, it was Grayson's mother contacting her - again, out of the blue. And again, why? At least it makes sense with Jeana and SImon. Tamraa - ugh, she just comes off as this bitter harpy who is borderline obsessed with Gretchen and Slade.
    Moontat and SugarMama like this.

Why is it so easy for people Tamra doesn't know to get her number?
    SugarMama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    Excellent point, Rockytop Chick!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    Must be posted on a bathroom stall!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3 View Post
    Must be posted on a bathroom stall!
    CHOKE! I almost strangled, that's so funny (and probable)
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Regular

I am now agreeing with all sides here, which means only one thing.......the whole group of them are vile, vacuous creatures, overly botoxed, overly involved in other people's business, not overly bright, except for maybe Vicki, overly self-important, overly judgmental, and finally, overly overrated! There. I feel much better.

+ Reply to Thread