+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2610Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    Vicki told Tamra that she and Donn hadn't had sex in 2 years. soooooo, does that mean that when they went on that romantic vacation and renewed their vows last year that they did not have sex on that trip? Perhaps that vow renewal was just for the cameras?
    Icky's vow renewal - I remember it being all about her trip to what she thought was an exotic island, and the gazillion dollar ring she gave husband Donn. He was touched. She was peacock proud, unemotional.... I think she stated the cost of the ring right there on the beach during the fake vow renewal! During the episodes surrounding that event, Ick was romping around trying to get men to touch on her, and the little island trip seemed like an afterthought for the camera.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Regardless of personal feelings for Vicky, I cannot believe how Gretchen was going on and on about her at Alexis' 'fashion' show. I thought Tamra did a really good job of keeping her cool, and the other ladies knew how ugly Gretchen sounded.

Yeah, Gretchen's true colors are really showing this season. Editing or not, it ain't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    Vicki told Tamra that she and Donn hadn't had sex in 2 years. soooooo, does that mean that when they went on that romantic vacation and renewed their vows last year that they did not have sex on that trip? Perhaps that vow renewal was just for the cameras?

That's exactly the first thing I thought when she made that statement. How could you go so far as to renew your vows, recommitting yourself to each other and declaring your undying love and then go (what essentially equates to) sleep in separate beds without any holding, touching and you know what. Does not make any sense at all...unless it really was just all an act for the tv show (the renewal of vows, etc.) If that is true, that really is making a mockery of marriage and they certainly deserve what they have gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Regardless of personal feelings for Vicky, I cannot believe how Gretchen was going on and on about her at Alexis' 'fashion' show. I thought Tamra did a really good job of keeping her cool, and the other ladies knew how ugly Gretchen sounded.

Yeah, Gretchen's true colors are really showing this season. Editing or not, it ain't pretty.
    It's downright disgusting how she is acting...very sad to see someone with no empathy like that...and Alexis (being the Christian she says she is) should have shown more concern for Vicki than for her own selfish needs. That's what is taught in Christianity...but then again...she seems not to read her Bible much.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    As one who said I feel sorry for Vicky, let me say that I also don't feel any pity for her. I agree that she's created this problem herself. My sympathy comes from seeing that she has NO idea that she's the one who caused it. Because of that, she'll never fix it. I agree that she did it all herself. I just always hold hope that people going through a tough time will be able to improve it. With Vicky, I don't think she will, so I feel sorry for her. I don't pity her. If I were her friend, I would not step in to make things better for her. But it still makes me sad from the standpoint of knowing she's doomed to repeat her mistakes because she doesn't own up to them.
    Agree 100%. The funny thing to me is I don't think any of these ladies are really friends with each other. Mind you, when I was in middle school, I had friends like that - that were happy to support whatever crap I spewed and build on it. But then we all grew up. Now, my real friends don't kiss my b**t and tell me what I want to hear. They tell me the truth, especially when I DON'T want to hear it. I think that's what real friends are - at least once you are an adult. None of these women are doing each other any favors.

FORT Fogey

No, KatesMom, and I think that's part of the underlying sadness of the shows. It's gone from sunshine and light (and price tags constantly), from shedding light on how people who live in gated communities live (which is why there's still that useless comment at the beginning about seven million families which relates, now, to nothing on the show) to people ripping into each other for drama's sake. I think the original lot were or could have been friends. Now they're just cliques.

Is Gretchen out of her damn mind? I'm no big fan of Vicki's but Gretchen was waaaaay out of line when she implied Vicki was lying about being in the hospital and her bleeding issues. Gretchen's really coming off badly this season. True colors anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Gretchen has gotten worse and worse this season. Last night was the topper. Just because you are so awful that you would consider faking a hospital trip to avoid something does not mean anyone else would do the same. I think we have all seen enough of Icky to know that if she didn't want to go, she would have just said no. For Gretchen to think that - and even worse, to voice it, showed me that while the outside may be attractive, the inside is very, very ugly.

I had to tortue myself last night & watch the repeat of this episode. Hey I spent 4 hours trying to get my pool into shape & didn't have enough energy left to search for my remote once I figured out Top Chef was a re-run

Vicky doesn't have anything left in her love tank for Don. First comes her job, then comes her money, then we have her 2 kids & Walter. When you fall below the dog you know your marriage is in trouble.

Gretchen was way out of bounds & rude however Vicky has blown off a lot of things the "ladies" planned to work. She's the boss & can set her own hours. Vicky was really sick but texting pictures...really??? Hey I have had numerous surgeries & the last thing I would ever think of doing would be texting pictures of myself prior to going into surgery.

Alexis Coture...I think Forever 21 would take a pass on those.

That's all I have..Ambien thankfully took over my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I had to tortue myself last night & watch the repeat of this episode. Hey I spent 4 hours trying to get my pool into shape & didn't have enough energy left to search for my remote once I figured out Top Chef was a re-run

Vicky doesn't have anything left in her love tank for Don. First comes her job, then comes her money, then we have her 2 kids & Walter. When you fall below the dog you know your marriage is in trouble.

Gretchen was way out of bounds & rude however Vicky has blown off a lot of things the "ladies" planned to work. She's the boss & can set her own hours. Vicky was really sick but texting pictures...really??? Hey I have had numerous surgeries & the last thing I would ever think of doing would be texting pictures of myself prior to going into surgery.

Alexis Coture...I think Forever 21 would take a pass on those.

That's all I have..Ambien thankfully took over my brain.
    PA Snow Bunny: you have summed up all my feelings about these women so well that there's nothing left for me to say.

Except there is one small part of me though that feels really sorry for these poor clueless women who have no idea that they are allowing the Whole World to see them for who they really are: shallow, mean, greedy, lying, pathetic and often insecure people. They think we see them for the celebrities they think they are so we can admire and perhaps even envy their fab lives. Maybe they should stay clueless because the truth could be really hard to take.

+ Reply to Thread